Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Emaxx evx (model 3014) help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #1

Default Emaxx evx (model 3014) help

I just acquired a traxxas emaxx for cheap, after fixing a few shock issues I took it for a test run. My problem is that it seems to go alot faster in reverce. Lol. Anyone know how to set the evx? I didnt get any paperwork with the truck and I have no clue how. And ideas?

Thanks
Joe
BamaKing04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

That is the EVX ESC.

Make sure all of your radio functions are zero'd.

If that doesn't fix it, you'll have to reprogram the ESC to the radio. There are no instruction's on Traxxas' site for this ESC. If memory serves, this ESC was recalled because it had an annoying habbit of catching on fire...

Good luck
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
That is the EVX ESC.

Make sure all of your radio functions are zero'd.

If that doesn't fix it, you'll have to reprogram the ESC to the radio. There are no instruction's on Traxxas' site for this ESC. If memory serves, this ESC was recalled because it had an annoying habbit of catching on fire...

Good luck

Lol, thanks for the info. Good to know if catches on fire it's nothing to worry bout :thumbsup:

And I called traxxas about the issue and they emailed me a copy of the Esc instructions, I reprogramed the Esc , and it still did the same thing, I just reverced the polarity of the motors and it fixed it.
BamaKing04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #4

What motors came with it? Were they the stock ones? Another thing to look at is that the diffs were installed backwards and that after doing so, the previous owner flipped the servo reversing switch on the radio to compensate. This would make the forward motion of the truck powered by the reverse output of the EVX, and the reverse motion powered by the forward output of the EVX. Trust me, I have done it myself on my first E-maxx. Just compare the diff to the exploded view of the truck in the manual and you will know right away if it is wrong. It's just something to look at. Hope it helps.
Navtrtl is offline   Reply With Quote