Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: MM pro calibration problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question MM pro calibration problems

I have:
Spectrum dr3x, MM Pro, HH crawlmaster 540 20 turn, Axial based scaler.

I can't get the ESC and the RX to calibrate. (flashing yellow, It's looking for neutral?). I check all of the things the Castle site says to check. I 'm stumped (or just dumb).
HaSharetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

So, I'm assuming you have the throttle trim to "0", throttle EPA's to "100%"??
Maybe change the throttle deadband a little wider?
Is the throttle set to "normal" or "reversed"?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Blinking yellow is normal-cheat mode is off. Not able to calibrate is another issue.. as was mentioned make sure your radio is zeroed out/100% then try playing with arming time and/or firmware.

My mmpro did the same thing basically, except i had steering only no throttle. Wiped the mmpro then played with arming time settings and that brought it back to life.

hth
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Arming time should be a minimum of 4 seconds for 2.4g Tx.
Throttle EPAs set at 100% and trim at zero, as mentioned earlier.
If you still have issues, check battery charge or cut-off setting.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:59 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Time for an update,

1 I reset the radio before I tried calibrating the first time, this was to reset everything. Throttle trim is 0, EPA at 100, I also tried EPA 120%. Throttle is normal. Battery cutoff is set and the bat has a fresh charge.

2 I call the Castle Tech line and they walked me thru the whole setup. It calibrates for forward and reverse, and is searching for neutral and would not arm.

I tried moving the throttle trim to see if it was off a little, nothing. Then I tried the brake trim. If I set the brake trim to 50% the ESC will arm. I has a very uneven throttle response. It is like full on or nothing.

At this point the Tech line told me they think the radio is probably the problem. They asked how old the radio was and if it had been re-calibrated by the factory. The radio is about 4 years old and has never been re-calibrated. according to the Tech, they have had other problems like this.

Before I send the radio off, I am going to try another radio (only 1 year old). I might also try messing with the neutral/arming time.
Unfortunately I will not have time until Sunday.

Anyone else out there they has sent their radios (DX3r) for recalibration.

Last edited by HaSharetz; 06-07-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

You can recalibrate the DX3R yourself. Have a look in the manual for RECALIBRATE. Just a word of advice once you start make sure complete all the steps because even if you start the calibration process and then click NO to saving the settings or decide to back the radio wont work properly until you complete the process and click YES to saving the settings.

Once you have done this go to the MONITOR screen and see if the radio is functioning as it should and reset all your trims and try again.

I have often found that Spektrum (surface) radios prefer to have their Travel set to max with Castle ESC's to work properly.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:54 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRoo View Post
You can recalibrate the DX3R yourself. Have a look in the manual for RECALIBRATE. Just a word of advice once you start make sure complete all the steps because even if you start the calibration process and then click NO to saving the settings or decide to back the radio wont work properly until you complete the process and click YES to saving the settings.

Once you have done this go to the MONITOR screen and see if the radio is functioning as it should and reset all your trims and try again.

I have often found that Spektrum (surface) radios prefer to have their Travel set to max with Castle ESC's to work properly.
SuperRoo, I owe you a big Thank You, so here it is...
THANK YOU
You saved me two weeks without a radio and about $50 bucks for service and shipping.

I did the Recalibrate on the radio and the ESC armed on the first try. The only thing I can think of is that I must have accidently hit the recalibrate button and then hit cancel when I was trying to reset the radio before I armed the first time.