RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   How many of you would like a stereo in your crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/320533-how-many-you-would-like-stereo-your-crawler.html)

toy4crawlin 06-07-2011 04:38 PM

How many of you would like a stereo in your crawler

I put a quality Altec Lansing 6 watt stereo system with 4 quarter sized speakers in my buggy and it sounds pretty good.

Question to you is:
If the system only required a few soldering of power wires and speaker wires how many of you would put a stereo in a project?
Use any mp3 or ipod to play.

The system that offers a remote control for volume and power, amplifier stereo system has a circuit board size of 5 3/4 long x 2.5" wide.

The none remote control system has a circuit board size of 3" x 4" .
They run on 6-9volts.

I am offering this info to help aid you in your install.

toy4crawlin 06-08-2011 01:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What other forums should I check?

mp3 demo
6 watt system.
3" x 4" x 1/2" thick circuit board
9volts

Ernie W 06-08-2011 01:58 PM

That is pretty cool, I've seen some of the Peagus lowrider Impala bodied touring cars before with some sort of radio. They had servo's for hydraulics and all.

What would something like that cost?

EddieO 06-08-2011 02:40 PM

Seems an ipod with some headphones would be easier.....still kinda neat to shoehorn it all in there though....I've seen a few show trucks with built in stereos....one had a 6.5" sub in the bed.....

Better be careful though, the high frequency vibrations might vibrate the brushes on the motor loose.....better solder them"thumbsup"

Later EddieO

toy4crawlin 06-08-2011 02:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie W (Post 3132091)
That is pretty cool, I've seen some of the Peagus lowrider Impala bodied touring cars before with some sort of radio. They had servo's for hydraulics and all.

What would something like that cost?

About $30.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieO (Post 3132152)
Seems an ipod with some headphones would be easier.....still kinda neat to shoehorn it all in there though....I've seen a few show trucks with built in stereos....one had a 6.5" sub in the bed.....

Better be careful though, the high frequency vibrations might vibrate the brushes on the motor loose.....better solder them"thumbsup"

Later EddieO

If I can fit it in my buggy with ESC, tranny, and dig servo in this small space and can fit it under the floor of my new scaler under the floor board it will fit in just about anything.

heyok 06-08-2011 03:06 PM

I have that same speaker system that I still use with my iPod. It sounds pretty good for a set of tiny speakers.

Some time ago I was working on a sound system for my RC Boat. Never finished it, but this is what I had going:
A circuit that I soldered to a cheap MP3 player that would let me use a three position channel to click the Play/Pause switch when I pushed the CH3 one way and it would click the Next button when I clicked it the other way. I think I need to dig this up again and get it finished!

stunter38 06-08-2011 03:19 PM

Thats cool

toy4crawlin 06-08-2011 06:39 PM

Nobody interested? except Heyok

friscokidd 06-08-2011 08:52 PM

im interested! i just need to finish my JK and project "Lil hog" Need more info on it too.

Crawlernoobie 06-08-2011 09:20 PM

Only a matter of time till you +1 for having a working stereo in a scaler :lmao: and its one way to listen to something while your having some fun instead of headphones

02tac 06-08-2011 09:23 PM

Don't really have any interest in having one, but a "thumbsup" on the set-up you made. Looks nice and definately adds to the kewl factor.8)

jason 06-08-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toy4crawlin (Post 3130806)
I am offering this info to help aid you in your install.

Quote:

Originally Posted by toy4crawlin (Post 3132054)
What other forums should I check?

Quote:

Originally Posted by toy4crawlin (Post 3132514)
Nobody interested? except Heyok

Why not just post it up so everyone can see it?

Rok Krawl 06-09-2011 03:20 AM

How loud is it? What is sound quality like? Running in the woods alone you can hear it quite clear. Just seems like with a group of people somewhere it would drown out the small speakers. But if the quality is clear I may be interested myself.

danielk 06-09-2011 04:17 AM

Why not build a mono setup with a Vellman 7W amplifier kit. You could easily run all 4 of those speakers(I know a source for those too) and blast sound. It takes up a much smaller space. I actually just built a stereo setup with a couple of heavy mag 3" speakers inside of a harbor freight aluminum case. It works fairly well. I need to install a volume pot though.

toy4crawlin 06-10-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by friscokidd (Post 3132709)
im interested! i just need to finish my JK and project "Lil hog" Need more info on it too.

it's pretty simple. take apart the stereo system, make sure you get the system with the same size quarter sized speakers, they are 6watts, the speaker sets with two large and two small speakers are 4watt systems.
solder up power wires, relocate the volume and power buttons, build speaker holders.
I have one available if you are interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 3132830)
Why not just post it up so everyone can see it?

These are the pictures and the others in my SIG rock buggy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rok Krawl (Post 3133029)
How loud is it? What is sound quality like? Running in the woods alone you can hear it quite clear. Just seems like with a group of people somewhere it would drown out the small speakers. But if the quality is clear I may be interested myself.

there was a MP3 link ealier, here are the rest, Please excuse the cinematographer, I was holding camera and driving with a bulky DX6i :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3vIg...eature=channel

Bob marley run in the back yard. has best sound except for annoying motor beeps.

top of Fordyce, little windy, but still sounds good

MP3 demo show testing in the shop

Let me know if you have any questions.

TexasSP 06-10-2011 10:33 AM

I think Jason was trying to get you to post something that indicates you aren't trying to sell without a vendor star. "thumbsup"

If this is a interest thread for giving the information to people it's all good, if it's an interest thread to see who would buy then a vendor star is in order.

toy4crawlin 06-10-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasSP (Post 3134930)
I think Jason was trying to get you to post something that indicates you aren't trying to sell without a vendor star. "thumbsup"

If this is a interest thread for giving the information to people it's all good, if it's an interest thread to see who would buy then a vendor star is in order.

Just offering the info. Not interested in selling. I do have an extra speaker set to sell, but just one and I may post it in the classifieds unless someone can point me to a different forum that has higher interest in this type of thing.
Been through the vendor expense with pirate4x4 and that was a huge $$$loss. to much to handle.
Thanks

the DMG 06-10-2011 11:23 AM

B kind-a cool to see these big radio manufacturers,
(futaba, spectra or someone) offer there radios with a MP3 player built in !!

after all,
a $400.00 + radio SHOULD have a MP3 player in it, for that price .

Natedog 06-10-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toy4crawlin (Post 3134911)

...and the annoying stereo playing while I"m out crawling...no interest here.