Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 04:33 PM   #2181
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Are you running a 4ws mix or just independent on the rear?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #2182
Rock Crawler

independent
nappahdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #2183
Got Worms?

In 0.4.1 you need to set c to CxR, i don't think function names changed between 0.4.1 and 0.6.1.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #2184
Rock Crawler

Not following that. Sorry. Please explain in template form. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
nappahdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #2185

@losikid, Not sure how it lost its bind. I put the bind plug in, hold bind button and turn Tx on, I get the solid red light, release bind button and pull out bind plug, still have solid red light, turn Tx and Rc off and then turn it back on, I get no solid red light.
mudboggin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #2186
I wanna be Dave

i've had a couple receivers like that, wouldn't stay bound.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #2187
Pebble Pounder

ok, I have been using my 0.4.x for a while now set up for use on an M2 (yes, I actually got it to work ) and all has been good. I just pulled the trigger on 2 Micro Sidewinders a couple of minutes ago. Then the realization that I would have to screw with the programming set in and I started to panic! (breath..breathe..goosefraba......)

I have the templates to use so no problem there I hope, BUT....

What is the proper sequence of events that must happen to use the new esc's once I have them installed?

1. Program TX
2. Calibrate esc's (1 at a time? each on ch2?)

Is that correct? Am I missing some steps? I would like to be sure of each step before they get here and I dig in, hoping for as little down time as possible. Thanks in advance.
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #2188
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwall85 View Post
ok, I have been using my 0.4.x for a while now set up for use on an M2 (yes, I actually got it to work ) and all has been good. I just pulled the trigger on 2 Micro Sidewinders a couple of minutes ago. Then the realization that I would have to screw with the programming set in and I started to panic! (breath..breathe..goosefraba......)

I have the templates to use so no problem there I hope, BUT....

What is the proper sequence of events that must happen to use the new esc's once I have them installed?

1. Program TX
2. Calibrate esc's (1 at a time? each on ch2?)

Is that correct? Am I missing some steps? I would like to be sure of each step before they get here and I dig in, hoping for as little down time as possible. Thanks in advance.
I went from an M2 to dual ESC's. I first made a new "model" in the TX, then did a dual ESC template.
Then I calibrated both ESC's at once. If you do one at a time, do them in their correct channel on the RX but only power one at a time.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #2189
Pebble Pounder

I did the calibration after the TX programming. Did them both at the same time with them set to equal mixing. You should update to 0.6.1 while your mucking with it. The inactivity timer is the best feature ever.
spillproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #2190
Got Worms?

0.4.1 had the inactivity timer...

0.6.1 got count up and count down timers
Old 10-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #2191
Got Worms?

I got caught up on emails and such today, if you've sent a message and haven't heard back feel free to send it again because i probably missed it. And please send to losikid@overkillrc.com , I'll reply to those emails twice as fast as ones sent to my personal email and there is a much better chance they won't get lost. I also respond to overkillrc emails much faster than pms through rcc. Once again losikid@overkillrc.com

On another note, Hack kits will be back in stock this weekend and i'll open up a pre-order/backorder for GT3C's this weekend as well, and i'll close them early next week when i place an order for radios. As usual will ship in 1-2 weeks. I hope to start keeping them in stock vs backorder in the near future.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #2192
Quarry Creeper

what would the costs to the UK work out to for a hacked GT3C with the steering wheel mod?
Tonysmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #2193
Got Worms?

Shipping will be upwards towards $50, gt3c pricing is on my website. I'm also going to offer a switch option to replace the power switch...as it still seems to be an issue. I'm not sure of the best way todo it at the moment so i'll post info on it in the next few days how i'll do the next round of radios
Old 10-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #2194
Got Worms?

Hey guys i'm sorry i lied. I guess i can't get get gt3c's in asap. BUT i will still do a large batch if most who's contacted me in the past few weeks is serious. I've send out quite afew emails in the past hour. But here it is to those whom missed it or are interested. All pre-orders i'll change out the power switch to a toggle for free (optional)...so don't be worried about that. Email me, losikid@overkillrc.com if you were interested

So, my us supplier contacted me afew days ago, said he could do a batch of gt3c's for me (they've been out of stock for awhile now), and now i'm told he was misinformed. SO, i'm going todo a order from china since i told numerous people i'm taking orders this weekend.

So, my question is, if you

Are wanting to pre-order?
Would you prefer Orange or Silver?
Do you want, just flashed, w/ programming port, or all previous plus a hack kit?

Please lmk ASAP, as i need to make sure i can meet my min from the chinsese distributor before i start accepting orders.

Thanks,
Austin Hutchison (losikid)
Overkillrc.com
Old 10-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #2195
Got Worms?

Hack kits have been added to my website. Will start shipping monday
Old 10-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #2196
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedweigand View Post
I just received my hacked GT3B order#563, here's my initial impressions vs an unmodded one...

1. The bearing upgrade is priceless, feels solid and more expensive, worth holding in your hand.
2. Mr. Losikid did a flawless job opening the radio, you can't even tell the screws were backed out, no marks or scratches anywhere, and everything arrives just as it does from FlySky
3. My old GT3B ran AA's dead so fast I ended up taping an old 4000mah 3s pack to the bottom of it. I had this one on for about an hour last night and it's at 10.6V so looks like there is definitely a substantial improvement in battery life.
4. The wheel foam may be trivial but it's some comfy foam
5. Losikid/Overkill RC has awesome customer service, you will not be disappointed.
6. Programming it however is not intuitive, after perusing through the instructions twice my face melted and I went to bed lol I thought my Futaba 4PL was bad the first day too, now I rip through the menus, I know it'll just take a bit to familiarize myself with the interface.

I'll update as soon as I get it up and running on my TF2...

Speed
Well it's been a couple of months and I still haven't figured it out. I gave it to a friend for a month and he made it further than I did but not even close to the goal. I was hoping there would be more templates available if I just waited it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedweigand View Post
Version 6 something... I don't think it should be too hard.
1 steering
2 throttle
3 2 speed
4 winch
5 on/off
6 on/off
7 on/off
8 on/off
Yeah shouldn't be that hard lol oh this makes me laugh now. FWIW the Futaba interface is much better IMO, my 4PL is a breeze compared to this but!
1 To my knowledge no other pistol TX has as many channels and I need a lot.
2 My Futaba is the sacred cow, no way I'm standing in the rain or chancing dropping it in the mud. It's for the track and I use it for my Baja where the extra range is great, being bigger you can drive it further away and easily run into problems at strip mines and quarry's with lesser radios.

Now I didn't come here for a fight, I have been using a GT3B for about a year and it has been a real trooper. It recently has lost some of the steering to the right, up to 60% everything is fine then you don't get anymore steering til the wheel is cranked all the way, then the wheels will turn to full lock. Not that big of deal really, besides I paid 30$ and it has been dropped and abused, rained on, used as a pick ax and did I mention it has an old 4000mah 3s pack wedged in the bottom of it? I don't charge it for months! Started out as a joke but it was just too practical to stop using.

So the other night I tried programming the new one again, since
1 steering
2 throttle
3 2 speed
4 winch
5 on/off
6 on/off
7 on/off
8 on/off
is too hard I figured I'd start small, 3CH's for my Wraith with a servo winch.

So I look at, well I was going to copy and paste it in but it's secured so I won't I guess. Anyway I was looking at the 0.6.1 Programming help cards, the 3 position template.
*So I have selected my model name
*I have long pressed to select 3 channels, I have backed many many many times
*I scroll to REV and long enter
*then I turn the knob to 3 CH3 and push enter
*I then select BNL I have no idea if this is right for a winch but it had the fewest options.
*On the help card I look down to where it says non-mom choose step rate, it tells me step rate = % mix change... oh yeah, that's crystal clear
*So now on my TX I push enter after selecting BNL and it says 1v, 2v, 5v... etc. Um wtf is v? Is v=% there is no mention of "v" on the help card.
*Ok for fun I select 2v and push enter, it now displays RE0, RE0, or OR0, OR1 these are not mentioned on the help card either.
*so I select RE0 and OR0 and press back several times
*The servos just spinning... wait adjusting trims
*HEY it works! Unfreaking believable...
Holy victory beer, I hate the GT3 so much less right now.

So what is RE0, OR0 etc... is there a glossary somewhere?

When your in the REV long press menu
1, 2, 3 are easy then d is the dual rate slide
What buttons are C, b, E, etc?
I only have a 6ch rx bound to it so I don't get any options for 7 and 8 I'm assuming...

Thanks
Speed
Speedweigand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #2197
Got Worms?

Here's the complete manual, it explains everything much more...the cards are more than less to get you started with the most common question on setups i get

http://www.overkillrc.com/GT3X-Firmw...NUAL-0.6.1.txt

I copy pasted dual esc down to 3 postion and just edited it, forgot to say % channel movment, not % mix change

REx is reverse off (0) or reverse on (1) which switches the direction of the switch
ORx is Opposite reset off (0) or opposite reset on (1) , this makes it so if you click the switch the other way from the way you just clicked it goes back to center, not mater how many clicks to the right, one click left goes to center

c= channel 3 button
b= back button
e= end button

if you turn 1,2,3,d to OFF, you get 1 with a left arrow, 1 with a right arrow, 2 with a left arrow....this makes it so each individual key can be assigned

These arn't mentioned on the help cards, becuase they were simply there to get a basic switch programmed.

I need to look around, but i may have a steering pot for you, if it is indeed a pot going out.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #2198

@losikid, Not sure how it lost its bind. I put the bind plug in, hold bind button and turn Tx on, I get the solid red light, release bind button and pull out bind plug, still have solid red light, turn Tx and Rc off and then turn it back on, I get no solid red light.
mudboggin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #2199
Pebble Pounder

time to spend another $6 dollars on an rx maybe.
spillproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #2200
Quarry Creeper

Question: Is there a 4ws steer mix on 6.1

Last edited by MiniMorris; 10-26-2012 at 05:47 PM.
MiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM