Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics
Loading

Notices

Like Tree374Likes

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #2721
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: 07456 N. NJ USofA
Posts: 8,338
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post
Thanks man you and losikid are lifesavers this thing has me scratching my head since I bought it

Sent from my iPhone in the shop
LosiKid is the "guru", I just try to help out.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #2722
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: 07456 N. NJ USofA
Posts: 8,338
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Hey LosiKid...on a GT3C, is the VR mod still suggested, or "just nice"?

I just got in 2 GT3C's, want to cover bases before I put them in use.

Thanks.

Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #2723
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cleveland TN
Posts: 735
Default

Hey this is all I've got on the screen u can scroll thru voltage something that says left forward and a big off sign a right back with a off sign and model number

Sent from my iPhone in the shop
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #2724
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 13
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post
Hey this is all I've got on the screen u can scroll thru voltage something that says left forward and a big off sign a right back with a off sign and model number

Sent from my iPhone in the shop

hi try this to get your F/W version turn on unit press and hold scroll wheel will put into global setting model and name will be flashing at top of screen under it will be F 061 for 0.6.1 F/W and so on press back to exit
tgraceing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #2725
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Koloa boy 808 2 DA 206
Posts: 605
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

cant wait to get this radio im trading some wheels for one this week any advice on lipo mod do you have to install the voltage regulator to run a lipo battery in it and does it have to be a 3s
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:20 AM   #2726
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 13
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion23 View Post
cant wait to get this radio im trading some wheels for one this week any advice on lipo mod do you have to install the voltage regulator to run a lipo battery in it and does it have to be a 3s
hi for the benefits the VR mod has, it is worth doing then you can run 2 or 3 cell lipos. must have mod for 3 cell. i run a 3 cell lipo and use every day recharge maybe every 3/4 weeks , sometimes longer .
tgraceing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #2727
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cleveland TN
Posts: 735
Default

Finally figured out my firmware version looks like its 6.1 thanks to all who have helped
After I found the firmware I tore it apart to check for the vr mod and found the factory vr intact looks like I'm fixing to do some soldering once I order the new vr

Sent from my iPhone in the shop
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #2728
Got Worms?
 
losikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,084
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Hey LosiKid...on a GT3C, is the VR mod still suggested, or "just nice"?

I just got in 2 GT3C's, want to cover bases before I put them in use.

Thanks.

There is no vr mod for the gt3c
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #2729
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: 07456 N. NJ USofA
Posts: 8,338
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post
Finally figured out my firmware version looks like its 6.1 thanks to all who have helped
After I found the firmware I tore it apart to check for the VR mod and found the factory VR intact looks like I'm fixing to do some soldering once I order the new VR

Sent from my iPhone in the shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiKid View Post
There is no VR mod for the GT3C
Based on LosiKids reply....the GT3C does NOT require the VR mod.

Austin, thanks for the reply.

I showed a number of peeps the hacked GT3B vs. the unhacked GT3C today at a GSRCRC/EPARCC comp today. I hope to have time to convert my GT3B to the newer firmware soon.

I even had a few drivers drive my rig (sorta basic XR-10) with the hacked GT3B today. I believe they came away with "It's good" replies.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #2730
Got Worms?
 
losikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,084
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Based on LosiKids reply....the GT3C does NOT require the VR mod.

Austin, thanks for the reply.

I showed a number of peeps the hacked GT3B vs. the unhacked GT3C today at a GSRCRC/EPARCC comp today. I hope to have time to convert my GT3B to the newer firmware soon.

I even had a few drivers drive my rig (sorta basic XR-10) with the hacked GT3B today. I believe they came away with "It's good" replies.
fordsuperduty has a gt3b...
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #2731
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cleveland TN
Posts: 735
Default

Yeah I'll start figuring out the programming once I get it wrapped with the custom skins I had made for it

Sent from my iPhone in the shop
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #2732
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 517
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

3Racing Winch controller question:
using hacked 0.61 + 6ch flysky Tx

I set the 3 position switch to mom and when I use it I see the -100 and 100 flash on the screen when it is held. I only get the winch to go in one direction. One does nothing. I can push the button on the winch controller and it will go in both directions.
Also, I can plug the winch into ch1 and it will go both directions when I turn the steering wheel...

HeyOk helped me earlier today and is at a loss. So Losikid, any ideas? Thanks!
joywrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #2733
Got Worms?
 
losikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,084
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

check your epa
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #2734
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 517
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

OMG I'm dumb. That worked.

How is a hack's tech support better than forune 500 companies?

Thanks!
joywrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:01 PM   #2735
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Koloa boy 808 2 DA 206
Posts: 605
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

does this radio need a voltage regulator to run the 3s lipo
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #2736
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Koloa boy 808 2 DA 206
Posts: 605
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgraceing View Post
hi for the benefits the VR mod has, it is worth doing then you can run 2 or 3 cell lipos. must have mod for 3 cell. i run a 3 cell lipo and use every day recharge maybe every 3/4 weeks , sometimes longer .
is there a thread on this mod is it the black voltage regulator in the control that needs to be replace the guy giving it to me has a 3 s lipo hooked up but did not do anything else will it damage the radio/ WHERE can i get this mod for the 3s lipo swap thanks
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #2737
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rancho Relaxo. California. USA. Earth.
Posts: 3,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion23 View Post
does this radio need a voltage regulator to run the 3s lipo
I never installed one and use 3s to this day on a 3b. Although I don't fully charge it either...
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #2738
Got Worms?
 
losikid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,084
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion23 View Post
is there a thread on this mod is it the black voltage regulator in the control that needs to be replace the guy giving it to me has a 3 s lipo hooked up but did not do anything else will it damage the radio/ WHERE can i get this mod for the 3s lipo swap thanks
Products - OverkillRC
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #2739
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Koloa boy 808 2 DA 206
Posts: 605
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

thanks
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #2740
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Koloa boy 808 2 DA 206
Posts: 605
Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
I never installed one and use 3s to this day on a 3b. Although I don't fully charge it either...
im not plan on charging it through the remote i was going to take out the lipo and charge it separtely so I dont need the voltage regulator then? just connect the lipo and im good?
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 01:49 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com