Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #2861
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Awsome thanks I checked out the site too not sure how I missed it.
Ive been reading through this thread and Ive tried to program with instruction for 4.0 and mine is 6.0. How can I "reset" it. Not the whole radio just that model?
Thanks again
Nik
Nik6189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #2862
Quarry Creeper

So Ive spent most of the day on this as electronics and I dont mix well. I read page 1-30 the skipped as I have gt3c 6.0 to page 95 so far Im up to 114. Anyway Ive found,
Scroll to "name"
Long press enter
You'll have "c" and "r" as options
C is how many channels
R is reset I believe
Is useful. Also with the links of overkillrc website Ive managed to get 3 pos dig on channel 3 with the dual rate just need to get a winch working now!
Nik
Nik6189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #2863
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Also, skinz will be in the $40 range....if you're cool with that range lmk. They'll be high quality skins. If ya'll want skinz, let me know....

Also, i'm working on a new website, it'll be pretty sweet.
Oh you know me and money..... I just throw that stuff around! Send me some links if ya got some to some skin graphics cause I've been tired of the same blah radio for too long. Lol. And Hell I'm ready to see a new website layout too!

As for switches..... Send me some info on pricing...... I may be interested. Not that I have issues with mine but might as well toss some more stuff at it for gp.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #2864
Got Worms?

Hack kits are back in stock
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #2865

HOW RELIABLE are the FS RX units ( do you need half a dozen spares ? )

my system died after about 10mins of use
would not bind ,then after i removed the RX card from the case it will bind ,but wont activate the ESC
any tips
thanks
OLDSHRIMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #2866
Rock Crawler

I've got 5 FS rx's and haven't had a problem with any of them.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #2867
Got Worms?

Well, they're hit or miss if they'll work brand new....but they don't "fail" over time.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #2868

I've spent much time researching the hacked Flysky radios, and still have one questions that remains unclear. According to the information that I have read, it remains unclear to me if the hacked firmware supports a 3 position auxilery channel. I'm a scaler, still new to the hobby, and I'm big on Tamiya's 3 speed trannys. So, I need an auxilery channel that can provide 3 independently adjustable positions for the shifting servo, on top of other scale features I would like to control.

Having said that, it is my understanding that I can have two individual switches opperate on a single channel, so one switch would toggle up the three positions, and the other would toggle down. I see this as being equal to a 3 position switch. So, my question is this: is this possible with the hacked firmware, and if so, has anyone actually done this?

Also, I have notice that firmware version 6.1 only has one option, and fails to indicate anything regarding the number of channels, where as version 6.0, has individual firmware downloads for 3,6, and 8 channel versions. So, how many channels does version 6.1 offer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by minimonster; 06-05-2013 at 03:14 AM. Reason: type o
minimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #2869
Rock Crawler

6.1 still has up to 8 channels, but instead of downloading separate firmwares for each, now you select the number of channels in the menu for each model. As for your question about the type of 3 position switch, I do not know about that. You will have to wait for somebody else to answer that for you.
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #2870
Rock Crawler

I run my VP dig with one. It has three positions and I use the D/R switch to control it. Momentary push moves to the next position, long press moves it to the farthest position. I have yet to program the buttons for anything but, seems like this should do what your wanting it to.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #2871
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonster View Post
I've spent much time researching the hacked Flysky radios, and still have one questions that remains unclear. According to the information that I have read, it remains unclear to me if the hacked firmware supports a 3 position auxilery channel. I'm a scaler, still new to the hobby, and I'm big on Tamiya's 3 speed trannys. So, I need an auxilery channel that can provide 3 independently adjustable positions for the shifting servo, on top of other scale features I would like to control.

Having said that, it is my understanding that I can have two individual switches opperate on a single channel, so one switch would toggle up the three positions, and the other would toggle down. I see this as being equal to a 3 position switch. So, my question is this: is this possible with the hacked firmware, and if so, has anyone actually done this?

Also, I have notice that firmware version 6.1 only has one option, and fails to indicate anything regarding the number of channels, where as version 6.0, has individual firmware downloads for 3,6, and 8 channel versions. So, how many channels does version 6.1 offer?

Any help would be appreciated.

8 channels

and really up to as many positions as you would like....... well actually around 200 positions if you set it up on step rate.

setting up for your 3 pos is very easy and totally do able. and can be had many different ways on many different buttons. can be momentary on the switch or click and it will hold that position.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #2872

Hey thanks guys! I guess more reading is required. Actually, perhaps it's time to gather the funds and take the plunge, this way, I can tinker with it and find a method that suits my setup. It's just awesome to know that it can do what I was hoping it would.

Now... to find a good deal on a GT3C...
minimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #2873
I wanna be Dave

not really a question about the radio per say, but it is about 2 receivers that failed on me today on 2 different rigs, not mine i must add, i have 9 total rigs on 2 different gt3b and had zero issues, anyways, i went to check my friends rigs 2 gt3b that were running fine with 3ch receivers, 2 sidewinders and hi torque servo with a bec each, they ran fine, although both rigs were wired with both becs from external and internal esc hooked up , he asked if ran mine like that, and i told him that i removed the red wire from the esc and and only ran the bec for power thorugh the receiver, well he went ahead and removed the red wire on his previously running rigs and ch2 on BOTH receivers is gone now?? i have no idea as to how this happened, before anybody asks i did the troubleshooting, and ch1 and 3 can do both steering and esc, but ch2 on both recievrs is null, two different radios btw, non hacked gt3b, sorry for the long rant but i wanted to be as thorough as possible.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #2874
Got Worms?

What happens when you plug the red wire back in?
Old 06-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #2875
I wanna be Dave

nothing, like i said, i troubleshooted everything, red wire on/off, and ch2 for the esc or servo there is no signal from it, only ch1 and ch3, i am thinking maybe the becs are set at 7.4v for the servos and once you hooked up the becs without the internal bec that maybe regulated the overall voltage it fried ch2? i don't know what else to think, like i said, 2 different rigs .
Old 06-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #2876
I wanna be Dave

at first i thought maybe broken wires on the sidewinders, you know they are notorious for that, but nope i swapped in a spektrum receiver, bound it and everything checks out on both cars, i didn't have another flysky reciever to try , i will do that tomorrow, but i can't get it through my head how this could happen..
Old 06-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #2877
Got Worms?

7.4 can fry the rx....weird it was just ch2 though
Old 06-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #2878
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
7.4 can fry the rx....weird it was just ch2 though
yup, and even weirder is that it happened twice on 2 different receivers, 2 different car and transmitters, what are the odds on that happening to anyone? i think i am heading out to buy me some powerball numbers
Old 06-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #2879
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
nothing, like i said, i troubleshooted everything, red wire on/off, and ch2 for the esc or servo there is no signal from it, only ch1 and ch3, i am thinking maybe the becs are set at 7.4v for the servos and once you hooked up the becs without the internal bec that maybe regulated the overall voltage it fried ch2? i don't know what else to think, like i said, 2 different rigs .

I think Austin nailed it on the head...... Check your bec voltage..... Are you running bec to reciver or to servo directly? I don't put any more than 6 volt into any reciver. On my high volt servos I run power directly to servos from bec and power rx with esc. I have over a dozen fs rx ( 3 ch and 8 ch) and have had issues with zero. I'm thinking to go through your wiring layout and bec voltage.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #2880
I wanna be Dave

well it's oficial, the 2 receiverīs ch 2 are dead, i brought 2 of my receivers and wired them up to his rigs and everything worked perfectly, so this leaves me to wander, i think he might have shorted something while he was removing the red wire from the esc.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM