Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #2881

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

I'm still exspanding my knowledge on the hack firmware until the funds come in to make a purchase...

Anyway, I love the fact that one can choose how many channels per model, however, say I set one up one model for 3 channels to match my rx. Then, later down the road, I decided to add some gizmo that requires a fourth channel. So I install a 6 channel rx, and then rebind the model. Now, is it possible to add another channel with out affecting the model's setups?
minimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #2882
I wanna be Dave

yes, just name that particular memory and add all the channels you need and settings to your liking for that particular new model, the rest will remain unaffected.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #2883
Rock Crawler

So 2 times in a row I have not been able to operate my hacked Flysky rc when running with a big group of others. It glitches out and is unusable. There are several others having the same issues with Spektrum radios as well. There are also 2-3 unhacked flysky radios being used. I did a google search and came to a thread on here saying that the cheapo chinese controllers aren't as finely tuned as better units. So would hacking and updating the firmware on them solve any issues regarding this? I have a hack kit and have the programs ready on my PC to do this.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #2884
Got Worms?

It doesn't surprise me that the spektrums glitch out...if you ask me, its because spektrum has the inferior technology.

Generally, flyskys don't glitch out...i suggest trying fresh batteries in your remote, make sure the rx antenna isn't buried in a bundle of wires/metal/etc 2.4ghz needs a line of sight for the best signal strength, and make sure that the antenna wire inside of the radio is still soldered to the rf module. It is most likely you just have poor signal strength in a high interference environment.

I do plan on offering a rf module upgrade kit here soon, it'll potentially decrease the latency by 50% (so twice as fast), possibility to use a lighter rx, and eliminate all the glitching issues. Only reason it's not a priority project is because the price tag will be $40-50 (That price includes 1 4ch rx) and its install is not as dummy resistant as the other hacks.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #2885
Rock Crawler

thanks for the info, the antennae isn't wrapped up in anything, not on any metal, the remote said 10.9V and I was having issues less then 5ft away. It would just lock up. The MMP was giving a rapid beeping signal that is faster then a normal signal when the TX is off. As soon as I got away from the group its perfect again. Both times it did this I was with the same group of people, same rapid beeps and everything. Also both times I ran it and it was perfect before everyone else fires up, then it just messes up.

I have about 5 more RX's on order for this thing but I need it to run in a crowd. Would a different rx make a difference?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #2886
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocaged View Post
thanks for the info, the antennae isn't wrapped up in anything, not on any metal, the remote said 10.9V and I was having issues less then 5ft away. It would just lock up. The MMP was giving a rapid beeping signal that is faster then a normal signal when the TX is off. As soon as I got away from the group its perfect again. Both times it did this I was with the same group of people, same rapid beeps and everything. Also both times I ran it and it was perfect before everyone else fires up, then it just messes up.

I have about 5 more RX's on order for this thing but I need it to run in a crowd. Would a different rx make a difference?
Yes, I have read some "glitch issues", I never had it.

In our group (mostly GSRCRC & some with EPARCC), we run:

Futaba 3PM-x & 4PL
Multiple MT-4's
Various other radios (I believe a few are Spektrum's).

I have NEVER had an issue in my hacked GT3B or other radios. My son & I run either CC ESC's or FX-R's.

Not sure where the issue is, curious as I now have 2 GT3C's as well, not in operation yet though.

I doubt newer firmware will make a difference, it's more of a TX/RX & freq tolerance issue.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #2887
Rock Crawler

Well it's interesting for sure. There are 4pl's and everything you can think of out here with this larger group as well. I run a ccbec and a CC MMP in both of my crawlers. Only my futaba 3pm-x runs fine with these guys though.

So you don't think that hacking the unhacked radios would make a difference for anyone else experiencing the glitching?
Old 06-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #2888

how long are orders taking?
driftdreamer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #2889
Pebble Pounder

i'm getting a message can not communicate with board when i click the program tab any idea what i'm doing wrong.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #2890
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder View Post
i'm getting a message can not communicate with board when i click the program tab any idea what i'm doing wrong.
I had the same problem. Make sure the wire is plugged into the radio the right way.
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #2891
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTMI View Post
I had the same problem. Make sure the wire is plugged into the radio the right way.

That and your solder joints are good
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #2892
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well it's interesting for sure. There are 4pl's and everything you can think of out here with this larger group as well. I run a ccbec and a CC MMP in both of my crawlers. Only my futaba 3pm-x runs fine with these guys though.

So you don't think that hacking the unhacked radios would make a difference for anyone else experiencing the glitching?

X2 never had any glitches and been around every radio. Maybe bad antenna lead?
Old 06-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #2893
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
X2 never had any glitches and been around every radio. Maybe bad antenna lead?

IDK but it only happens around them and since its not just mine having the same issues, I doubt there is an issue on my end.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #2894

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
yes, just name that particular memory and add all the channels you need and settings to your liking for that particular new model, the rest will remain unaffected.
Thanks Cartronics It's nice to know its doable eventho a step by step process isn't clear in my head at this time. However, I'm sure I can figure it out when I get my radio. Which leads to my next question.

I've noticed that there are a variety of GT3Cs out there, green, orange, silver, and wonder if they all share the same internal electronics. If not, then, which is best suited for hacking?

Also, way back on page one, or is it two, there is a post from Losikid with links to various sites that sell compatable receivers for the hacked flyskys. While researching things, I've noticed this: The GT3C's 2.5GHz system is listed as: AFHDS, and its 'code type' is listed as: GFSK. Now, the 6 channel flysky receiver's specs from Losikid's formentioned link, is listed as 'modulation: GFSK' and it's 'code type' as: PCM. Which is different from the transmitter.

To add confusion to the matter, I found a 8 channel flysky receiver that has the same '2,4GHz system' and 'code type' as the tx, but is different from the 6 channel rx from Losikid's formentioned link, which also ommits a link to the 8 channel rx that I found, yet includes links to various sites for a number of receivers. So, I am wondering if both these receivers will work, and if not, then, what are the specs one needs to look for to find suitable receivers?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #2895
Got Worms?

Quote:
IDK but it only happens around them and since its not just mine having the same issues, I doubt there is an issue on my end.
It sounds like a low signal strength....spektrums glitch around flysky its nothing todo with your glitching. There "may" be another radio causing your glitching but i think its just a low signal strength between your radio and your rx's. Check to make sure the RADIO's antenna is correctly soldered onto the rf module inside the radio. and that your rx antenna is correctly connected to the circuit board and that the antenna is out in the open not all coiled up, cut in half, buried in a group of wires.

I've heard of very few cases of flyskys glitching out due to other flysky interference. I looked at one instance of it and the antenna on the radio had a broken solder joint (ie very low signal strength)
Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #2896
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonster View Post
Thanks Cartronics It's nice to know its doable eventho a step by step process isn't clear in my head at this time. However, I'm sure I can figure it out when I get my radio. Which leads to my next question.

I've noticed that there are a variety of GT3Cs out there, green, orange, silver, and wonder if they all share the same internal electronics. If not, then, which is best suited for hacking?

Also, way back on page one, or is it two, there is a post from Losikid with links to various sites that sell compatable receivers for the hacked flyskys. While researching things, I've noticed this: The GT3C's 2.5GHz system is listed as: AFHDS, and its 'code type' is listed as: GFSK. Now, the 6 channel flysky receiver's specs from Losikid's formentioned link, is listed as 'modulation: GFSK' and it's 'code type' as: PCM. Which is different from the transmitter.

To add confusion to the matter, I found a 8 channel flysky receiver that has the same '2,4GHz system' and 'code type' as the tx, but is different from the 6 channel rx from Losikid's formentioned link, which also ommits a link to the 8 channel rx that I found, yet includes links to various sites for a number of receivers. So, I am wondering if both these receivers will work, and if not, then, what are the specs one needs to look for to find suitable receivers?
Is a red hammer and a green hammer different? Its just a paint job all the gt3c's are the same.

Also, the gt3b and gt3c uses the same rx's....all the rx's i posted will work. If you're concerned about one specific rx post a link and i (or someone) will confirm that it'll work.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #2897
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Is a red hammer and a green hammer different? Its just a paint job all the gt3c's are the same.

Also, the gt3b and gt3c uses the same rx's....all the rx's i posted will work. If you're concerned about one specific rx post a link and i (or someone) will confirm that it'll work.

No but a red and green hammer is a Christmas one....... Now that's different!
Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #2898
Got Worms?

lol
Old 06-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #2899
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
That and your solder joints are good
even if the light on the circuit board lights up?
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #2900

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post

I understand that the outer finishings are not related to the internals, however, I have read an old post of yours regarding the disassembly of your first GT3C. The thread was detailed with pics and all. The one item I noted was the spring pin connector used to join the steering assembly to the main body. Further on, there was a post stating that a lator model with a new colored body had the steering pots hard wired. It was the reading of that thread that inspired my concern. Perhaps I am reading too much...

Anyway, the receiver of concern is this one:

FlySky 2.4G 8 CHANNEL RECEIVER

... will it work with a hacked flysky?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM