Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #3721

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Please help. How do I know what firmware I have. Please pm me as I don't get on here often. I get lost and won't ever find this thread again:( need to know what few I have so I can download the instructions.

Thanks
tmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2014, 10:21 PM   #3722
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoon View Post
Please help. How do I know what firmware I have. Please pm me as I don't get on here often. I get lost and won't ever find this thread again:( need to know what few I have so I can download the instructions.

Thanks
This has been covered many times but here ya go..... And I will pm you also ...... Just this once.

Global Setup To access the global setup menu, from the Home screen press ENTER-LONG. Menu items MODEL and NAME will blink. The option is selected when the number display is flashing by rotating SELECT. To change the value, press ENTER and rotate SELECT to select the value for that option. Press ENTER to return to the option selection

The option you are looking for is F. That's your version of firmware.

You can find manual by google "gt3b manual" and should be second option down which will be a PDF to download by psx.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:07 PM   #3723
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I got all open orders shipped out today and everything is now marked out of stock...I'll open back up sometime in janurary.
You know, its funny, i get alot more emails asking when stuff will be back in stock than I get orders when it is in stock....
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #3724

Quote:
You know, its funny, i get alot more emails asking when stuff will be back in stock than I get orders when it is in stock....
Haha funny how things work! I asked to be notified for a GT3C complete build on your website. My RX crapped out so I'm patiently waiting.

Happy New Year!
derek12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:02 PM   #3725
Got Worms?

I plan discontiouning GT3B's and swapping to pre hacked gt3c's only early in the year...so you'll be in luck soon.

I can't decided If i want todo a order of 10, 50, or 100 GT3C's from china.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:50 PM   #3726
RCC Addict

Well of ya base it off of me getting asked to hack them when you are out of stock, I've had about 20 so offers in last month and a half.........
Old 01-01-2015, 12:41 AM   #3727
Got Worms?

20 it is then

I'll probably have them ready to rock n roll February time.

I'm also working on other mods. I keep tweaking and modding the handle trim switches. I'm really close (Just ordered the 6th revision). Then I'll get a hi profile ch3 button made up. I've also started working on a new steering wheel assembly that has the ch1 and ch2 trim switches built into it (the installer will have to jumper wires off the switches already on the board.)

I'll be honest, the past couple years, I quit trying...but I'm ready to get all my old projects back up on the stove and cookin. I'm aiming to keep everything in stock (including GT3C's, no lead time but I'll only offer one version...no more options. If someone want's it cheaper, I'll still offer everything for them todo it themselves.)

My goal is a x5 sales increase from this past year. Which shouldn't be too hard since most my stuff was out of stock last year
Old 01-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #3728
Got Worms?

Just got done answering atleast 50 emails...alot of repeat people...most everyone got a canned copy and paste answer, because well they were basically all the same question. I'll go ahead and post the canned messages below. If I didn't answer your email, send it again as it's probably lost in a plethora of holiday emails

Quote:
I no longer plan to offer the GT3B pre modded for the 2015 year. At the time of this message. there is a single GREEN GT3C instock, modded. I plan to bring more in the next month or so. Probably silver to start with.

The GT3C is a better radio IMO and easier for me to stock.
Quote:
I shut down over the christmas/new years period. Mod kits can now be ordered on my site again. I sold out before the break so there will be a 2-4 week wait on kits as I need to order parts, get kits assembled, and work on shipping out what i'm sure will be a hefty back log.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #3729

Do I need a GT3C hacked or stock radio for a scale crawler. I want to control a winch and lights. I am ok changing the setting on a Tekin RS is that the same as changing the setting on a hacked radio or is hacked more radio then I need. Thanks
Shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #3730
I wanna be Dave

Depends on how you wanna do it. You will want a 3pos momentary for winching though, which requires a hacked model... from experience the logistics are just easier.

Heyok makes winch controllers for 2pos if you choose the non hacked version also.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:49 PM   #3731
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
Do I need a GT3C hacked or stock radio for a scale crawler. I want to control a winch and lights. I am ok changing the setting on a Tekin RS is that the same as changing the setting on a hacked radio or is hacked more radio then I need. Thanks
If you want to control steering, throttle, winch, and lights. Then you need 4 channels, So yea, the GT3C needs to be hacked...
Old 01-04-2015, 06:23 PM   #3732
RCC Addict

I always say hacked....... Anything else is uncivilized
Old 01-06-2015, 10:48 PM   #3733
Got Worms?

I get lots of questions asking about rx compatibility, and with the new "i" radios, it's more confusing.

Flysky has released a compatibility chart, it appears to be correct

Old 01-07-2015, 10:55 AM   #3734
RCC Addict

Odd, I tried to use a GR3F in my Yeti XL and I could simply not get it to bind to my GT3C. I tried for about 10 mins in every way I could before I just said screw it. I have 5 models on the TX and they're all the GR3E model RX I believe.

Is there any issue running 7.4v on the GR3E RX though?
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #3735
Rock Stacker

I really want one of these radios! When will they be available again?
Cowboy6080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:31 PM   #3736
RCC Addict

Quote:
Just got done answering atleast 50 emails...alot of repeat people...most everyone got a canned copy and paste answer, because well they were basically all the same question. I'll go ahead and post the canned messages below. If I didn't answer your email, send it again as it's probably lost in a plethora of holiday emails

I no longer plan to offer the GT3B pre modded for the 2015 year. At the time of this message. there is a single GREEN GT3C instock, modded. I plan to bring more in the next month or so. Probably silver to start with.

The GT3C is a better radio IMO and easier for me to stock.

Quote: I shut down over the christmas/new years period. Mod kits can now be ordered on my site again. I sold out before the break so there will be a 2-4 week wait on kits as I need to order parts, get kits assembled, and work on shipping out what i'm sure will be a hefty back log.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy6080 View Post
I really want one of these radios! When will they be available again?
Its all right there black and white eh
Old 01-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #3737
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Odd, I tried to use a GR3F in my Yeti XL and I could simply not get it to bind to my GT3C. I tried for about 10 mins in every way I could before I just said screw it. I have 5 models on the TX and they're all the GR3E model RX I believe.

I've heard no..... But why not run an external bec? 20$......
Old 01-08-2015, 12:04 PM   #3738
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
I've heard no..... But why not run an external bec? 20$......
I am now. I just have the GR3F sitting on the side since I have nothing else to use it with.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:09 PM   #3739
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post

Was your binding plug in the correct port. It looks like they moved it from channel 3 on the "E" version to VCC on the "F" ..... just a thought.

Edit: Found this....

Last edited by drzoo2; 01-08-2015 at 01:15 PM.
drzoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:17 AM   #3740

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mArtAVXoQ5A#t=571

A buddy has just posted this, it helped me laods with these radios, please take a look and give it a like.
woody.01 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM