RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html)

NSR_CIVIC 06-19-2011 01:28 PM

K thx. Gonna order a pair of radios. Can u set me up with a mod kit with parts for 2 radios ?

Posted on a POS smartphone :p

losikid 06-19-2011 01:33 PM

Send me a pm

NSR_CIVIC 06-21-2011 05:02 PM

did you ever check to see if a 3ch receiver will work with a 6ch flashed radio?

losikid 06-21-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSR_CIVIC (Post 3151855)
did you ever check to see if a 3ch receiver will work with a 6ch flashed radio?

Yes it works just fine

losikid 06-21-2011 08:49 PM

So there is a small bug for unexpected use. But it should be fixed soon

Anyways what i figured out when using two buttons to do the same function problems can accure if one of the switches is set to momentary.

So i had the d/r set to end, which allows step rate and long press will go to endpoints. and i had the ch 3 trim set as mom (momentary) Which goes to enpoints when pressed and returns to center when let off.

Now the bug is the mom center will overide what the d/r changes the value to, so if you click d/r 3 times up w/ a 10% step rate, you will have a 30% servo throw or mix for a few seconds (like 10) then the mom function will overide it back to zero.

But i guess when he designed this firmware this was unexpected use, so its not a bug because it was programmed this way, however its on the todo to be implemented in the future.

So for now can't have mom and the other functions set for the same ch/mix. But can still set one switch for a 100% step rate for instant dig, will act much like the dx3e 3 pos switch. and set another switch for a smaller step rate.

Or use one switch and just hold the switch for 1 second or longer to activate dig.

spoo76 06-21-2011 11:12 PM

Hmm interesting. other than the screen any advantages to a HK-T6A ?
How does the radio feel in hand compared to the tried and true TQ radios?

Ill have to look for some more info about this radio. Very cool that it uses the same RX's as the HK-T6A I have a handful of the 3ch and 6ch RXs

seems like the way to go it you dont want to mod a pistol case and want a screen.

losikid 06-21-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 3152439)
Hmm interesting. other than the screen any advantages to a HK-T6A ?
How does the radio feel in hand compared to the tried and true TQ radios?

Ill have to look for some more info about this radio. Very cool that it uses the same RX's as the HK-T6A I have a handful of the 3ch and 6ch RXs

seems like the way to go it you dont want to mod a pistol case and want a screen.

Must be the v2 rx's

The handle is a bit big for my hands (fairly small) which is strange since the chinese designed it, you think it be for small hands. and the dual esc functions will be great, for my liking, once the bug/limited functionality i posted earlier is fixed. beings i go in and out of dig so many times most the time you can't even tell, as its just to load/unload suspension, But it works great now considering the price tag and most buyers of a budget radio probably arn't pro's

If this was around before i started looking into custom radios, i would have never built mine...and if it wasn't for the radio i'm working on now i may have customized a gt3b for my hand and used it as my daily tx...but i'm slowly getting parts together for my next "personal build" which will kill any conversion done before, including the 6i conversions.

Now if you need 6 channels, with dual esc and 4ws mixing i would suggest this radio over the t6 conversions as its much cheaper and i still haven't found a good way to do either dual esc or 4ws mixing so its easily adjustable for someone besides me. And for the custom people the gt3b could be a good builder, there is room in the st wheel area for switches/buttons. Plenty of room in handle, switches can easily be moved around.

I've been considering cutting the batt tray off, put a 1 cell lipo and dc step up regulator in the handle, and shrinking the handle down a touch, make the ch 3 button work for my hands better, move the st and th trims into the st wheel column, move the rotary encoded somewhere for quicker programming. El backlight, frsky module, etc...There really is alot of stuff that can be done, and its a 35 dollar radio, so if you mess it up its not a very expensive mess up.

I hope someday we will be able to program it and simulate the channels on a pc. The 9x custom firmware has it (eepe) so it might be possible with the 3b radio. But the 9x uses a atmel atmega, and the gt3b uses a stmicroelectronics stm8s. psx over on rct told me he isn't a app developer for the pc so he probably won't be able to do much for this service, but i'm looking into getting some adobe software which i believe will design apps for pc's if so i'll look either make a simple firmware generator, you select the firmware you wish to use, then adjust your models, then save it and flash it through the stm8s programmer. Or i'll see if i can use the programmer and DSC port to create a full on simulator/programmer/adjustment settings like t6 config (But much better, like digtal radio) But this all depends if i have the knowledge on how to build it, in other words if a high dollar adobe suite can step me though it.

spoo76 06-23-2011 05:27 PM

here is a thought I wonder if the ST and TH trim push buttons can be programed to move a servo faster or slower with each press.

for example when using a servo winch. press > to winch out slow >> to winch out faster >>> full speed. pressing < steps down to the next slowest until you reverse and then steps up in reverse speed from there

NSR_CIVIC 06-23-2011 05:35 PM

Thats a linear output. I believe it will work. I havent got my radios yet so im not 100%

spoo76 06-23-2011 05:39 PM

never mind just read the other thread and it seems you can

NSR_CIVIC 06-24-2011 12:58 AM

Got my radios. They are super smooth compared to my losi dsm radios. Gotta wait for the programmer to get here so I'm getting used to the feel of it with my jet boat! So far it handles awesome.

NSR_CIVIC 06-24-2011 10:53 AM

Hay losikid what's the major difference between the v1 and v2 hobbyking 6ch receivers? Is it just a firmware update? Does anyone update these? Is there any way to get the v1s to work with this radio?

losikid 06-24-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSR_CIVIC (Post 3156173)
Hay losikid what's the major difference between the v1 and v2 hobbyking 6ch receivers? Is it just a firmware update? Does anyone update these? Is there any way to get the v1s to work with this radio?

V1's use a satellite. V2's have a red thing on the antenna

Simple answer is no, can't make them work together...but it is possible to use a v1 module however the amount of time and money you waist trying to get the v1 module to work you'd just be better off buying v2 rx's because v1's are disappearing and more expensive, and the v2's are better

traileater 06-25-2011 10:51 PM

Losikid, do you know if the 3ch rx's will handle a 2s/7.4v? I know its rated 4.8-6v but curious how much it can handle.

vette66_00 06-26-2011 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traileater (Post 3158460)
Losikid, do you know if the 3ch rx's will handle a 2s/7.4v? I know its rated 4.8-6v but curious how much it can handle.

I can answer that. No it will not be able to hold 2s 7.4 volts. Reason I know is because my buddy thought he would one up me with my BEC. He went directly from the battery deans to jst connector, he had super awesome steering for about 30 secs that's when the magic smoke :twisted: appeared out of the receiver. It also fed 7.2 volts to his new Novak 3s and fried that also.

docsrcrepair 06-26-2011 05:49 AM

Losikid,have you tried the new version 3 firmware? Looks promising "thumbsup"
Now I have fellow co workers going out and buying these radio's since the firmware upgrade is available.. :mrgreen:

spoo76 06-26-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vette66_00 (Post 3158570)
I can answer that. No it will not be able to hold 2s 7.4 volts. Reason I know is because my buddy thought he would one up me with my BEC. He went directly from the battery deans to jst connector, he had super awesome steering for about 30 secs that's when the magic smoke :twisted: appeared out of the receiver. It also fed 7.2 volts to his new Novak 3s and fried that also.

Glad I read this before i fried something. I have some of the 3ch RX's that Ive only bench tested with a 2s and my T6A and they worked.

vette66_00 06-26-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoo76 (Post 3159002)
Glad I read this before i fried something. I have some of the 3ch RX's that Ive only bench tested with a 2s and my T6A and they worked.

I think what it was, is under load and with the speed control running the VR just could not take it. It only failed after running it up our rock climb. Also note the BEC in the speed control was disconnected at the time of smoke show.

JokersWild 06-26-2011 09:05 PM

So what all have you tested on this setup so far? Just the dual mixing esc?

Ive owned my GT3B since its release from FlySky in china (friend sent me it from china) And used on my cars I race at local track and have had great reviews about it. I actually quit using DSM @ the track over this radio.

Im looking at using it for my class 3 scaler for 4ws and my winch using your setup. Hows that looking ?

losikid 06-26-2011 09:20 PM

I'm on my phone, so can't go into depth, but yes it'll work a winch and 4ws just fine
Quote:

Originally Posted by JokersWild (Post 3159677)
So what all have you tested on this setup so far? Just the dual mixing esc?

Ive owned my GT3B since its release from FlySky in china (friend sent me it from china) And used on my cars I race at local track and have had great reviews about it. I actually quit using DSM @ the track over this radio.

Im looking at using it for my class 3 scaler for 4ws and my winch using your setup. Hows that looking ?