Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2015, 02:12 AM   #4061
Rock Stacker

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

that's cool. just one more

does the hack improve the latency in. the unit? was seeing stock, their had around a 22ms delay (and the it4 has a 5ms delay), and I thought I read something about that might change?
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2015, 11:17 PM   #4062
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
that's cool. just one more

does the hack improve the latency in. the unit? was seeing stock, their had around a 22ms delay (and the it4 has a 5ms delay), and I thought I read something about that might change?

I would ask Austin about that.... he is into those milliseconds stuff.... on my race rigs I did same thing I did on my crawlers and that's ran a bec and jumped power directly to servo on 2 s..... this sped up my servo to over compensate for any delay there would have been.

So instead of 6 volt it was rolling on the full 2s....
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:42 PM   #4063
Rock Stacker

but speeding up the servo doesn't really make for up the delay in the input getting to the device, yeah you get it to turn quicker - but it doesn't account for turning a wheel and it not be instant on the servo
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 09:56 AM   #4064
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
but speeding up the servo doesn't really make for up the delay in the input getting to the device, yeah you get it to turn quicker - but it doesn't account for turning a wheel and it not be instant on the servo
My hacked GT3B , the pulse train from the receiver operates around 55Hz or about 18mS between pulses. Best case, even if there is 0 delay you would see somewhere between input and 18mS depending on where you are in the pulse.

drzoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #4065
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzoo2 View Post
My hacked GT3B , the pulse train from the receiver operates around 55Hz or about 18mS between pulses. Best case, even if there is 0 delay you would see somewhere between input and 18mS depending on where you are in the pulse.

From what I understand, the frame rate will change depending on how many channels you have the model programmed to service. I think the lowest number of channels you can choose is three, but maybe it is two. Since you have your scope out, maybe compare eight channels to the lowest number of channels.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #4066
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
From what I understand, the frame rate will change depending on how many channels you have the model programmed to service. I think the lowest number of channels you can choose is three, but maybe it is two. Since you have your scope out, maybe compare eight channels to the lowest number of channels.
I can do that.... I need to order a 6 channel and will look at the output relative to # of channel in use by the radio. Going to be a few eels though...
Old 06-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #4067
I wanna be Dave

Eels?

heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:10 AM   #4068
Quarry Creeper

Damn spell check....

........Weeks
Old 06-05-2015, 05:57 PM   #4069
Got Worms?

Quote:
I can do that.... I need to order a 6 channel and will look at the output relative to # of channel in use by the radio. Going to be a few eels though...
You don't need a 6ch rx to look at the delay when 6 channels are involved.

To see different speeds in the transmission, you'll need to actually turn channels on and off in the firmware. Even then, I don't know if the flysky 2.4 module supports the change. But the firmware does send out updates faster if there are less channels. So the most recent data will be available for the 2.4 module when it polls for data.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:13 PM   #4070
Got Worms?

I just got caught up on everyone's orders for the past couple weeks, I'll have all current orders at the post office tomorrow afternoon....assuming I get off work early enough to make it to the post office.

Sorry about the delay in shipment, moving to a new place has been alot more time consuming than I originally figured.

Also, I've been having issues with my desktop computer and I have parts being sent in to be warrantied. Once I have my desktop back up and running I'll keep working on the knowledge base I mentioned awhile back. My plan is to have that completed and an entirely new website built up by the end of my summer break and released for you guys to abuse. The knowledge base will be the ultimate information source on the flyskys and my new website will be very advanced on the back end...along with some nice additions for you guys as well.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:31 PM   #4071
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I just got caught up on everyone's orders for the past couple weeks, I'll have all current orders at the post office tomorrow afternoon....assuming I get off work early enough to make it to the post office.

Sorry about the delay in shipment, moving to a new place has been alot more time consuming than I originally figured.

Also, I've been having issues with my desktop computer and I have parts being sent in to be warrantied. Once I have my desktop back up and running I'll keep working on the knowledge base I mentioned awhile back. My plan is to have that completed and an entirely new website built up by the end of my summer break and released for you guys to abuse. The knowledge base will be the ultimate information source on the flyskys and my new website will be very advanced on the back end...along with some nice additions for you guys as well.
Awesome austin, I just got my order the other day no worries on the delay. Looking forward to seeing what else ya got on the knowledge base!!!

Quote:

So for the few of us who are totally retarded, you are stating the max delay is 18 milliseconds? If so, do you have access to any other radios? I'm curious now that we have an actual baseline...... what other systems, dsm , dsm2, fasst etc etc run at.

Really cause I'm tired of the false info out there on the subject, and the people worried about the delay if there is on, would rarely know.... unless running mod Turing cars

Last edited by JokersWild; 06-14-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:44 PM   #4072
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post

So for the few of us who are totally retarded, you are stating the max delay is 18 milliseconds?
No, minimum delay would be 18ms....
Old 06-16-2015, 01:36 AM   #4073
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
No, minimum delay would be 18ms....
Well see right there I don't know what the hell I'm talking about ...... what's the max delay?
Old 06-16-2015, 04:54 PM   #4074
Got Worms?

Quote:
Well see right there I don't know what the hell I'm talking about ...... what's the max delay?
infinity...
Old 06-16-2015, 11:28 PM   #4075
Got Worms?

I finally ante'd up and dropped a wad of cash on the new website...so far I've just been plotting, scheming, and researching; Now I finally have the new software ready to rock n roll.

I just started playing around with all the new buttons I have to press and so far I am very impressed. Way better than my current website on the front and back end.

I'm thoroughly excited and I think once I make the site live it will be very well received. I think it'll be a very straight forward website for the most technotard customers and a true joy for web savy customers that like alot of information and research options before purchasing. I have a large list of benefits that I think will come with the new site but I'm going to hold off on sharing until I know for sure they can all happen.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:30 AM   #4076

I can not fint ch5 in the meny, try to activate å switch, but maybe i do something wrong?
Lillejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:25 AM   #4077
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillejon View Post
I can not fint ch5 in the meny, try to activate å switch, but maybe i do something wrong?

Global menu. Turn up ur channels to more than 4. This is prolly why you cannot find 5
Old 06-30-2015, 08:40 PM   #4078
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillejon View Post
Quote:
Global menu. Turn up ur channels to more than 4. This is prolly why you cannot find 5

This is not in the Global menu. This is a Model specific setting.

It's in NAME sub menu

Code:
- Model number of channels and Model reset
    > choose menu NAME and press ENTER-long
    > menu NAME will blink
    > choose "C" for number of model channels or "r" for model reset
	- reset will show NO/YES
Old 07-06-2015, 04:58 AM   #4079
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: GT3B Trans Shift End Point settings

I was able to set up a 3rd channel to shift my Yeti SSD 2 speed transmission but, I could not use the end point settings with this channel.

Is there a way to have a simple push button to shift & set the end points so the servo wont burn up?

Thanks

CG3
chipgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:09 PM   #4080
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipgibbs View Post
I was able to set up a 3rd channel to shift my Yeti SSD 2 speed transmission but, I could not use the end point settings with this channel.

Is there a way to have a simple push button to shift & set the end points so the servo wont burn up?

Thanks

CG3

To use the third channel toggle to control two individual shift points using multi-position switch function....

Code:
Long press REV
Jog to "C"
"Enter"
Jog to MP1
"ENTER"
Jog to CH3v
"ENTER
REO
"ENTER"
PV0
"ENTER
"END" BUTTON

Long press E. POINT
JOG to p1 0
"ENTER"
JOG "3"
"ENTER"
Select your first shift value
"ENTER"
Select your next shift value
"ENTER"
Select End
"END" button
This will toggle between the two values you set up and nothing else when you press the 3rd channel button

Last edited by drzoo2; 07-08-2015 at 08:22 PM.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM