Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #421
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Yea, enough people have asked i'll do diy...although why not just set the screen not to turn off, or turn on the inactivity alarm?
How to set-up screen on all the time and the inactivity alarm?
Thanx!
kc092755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #422
Got Worms?

Who'd be interested in programming cards? To go in your wallet or rc box.

So it'll have afew tutorials, 3 pos switch, Multi postion switch, dual esc, 4ws, and then a shortcut quick card, so you can look and see what the abbrevs on the radio mean.

Also, paper biz card? nearly free
Thin plastic card? Cheap
thick plastic card (like a CC)? abit pricy

On another note, i plan on finishing up key mapping menu and writing tutorials this week....probably get to work on the rest of the manual. Still waiting on afew more hack kit orders to get some VR's in.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #423
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc092755 View Post
How to set-up screen on all the time and the inactivity alarm?
Thanx!
Have you referenced the manual?

here is the snippet you'd be using, this ALOT simpler than key mapping

Code:
Global setup menu:
==================
- enter it by ENTER-long
- now menu items MODEL and NAME will start blinking
- select requested item by ROTATE and press ENTER
- use ROTATE to change value and press ENTER to end value changing
- press BACK-long or ENTER-long to end global setup menu,
    values will be saved to EEPROM
- selected menu items are indicated by following symbols:
    F		firmware version (this of course cannot be changed :-)
    L		backlight time			5s,10s...10m...MAX
    A		inactivity alarm		OFF,1m...10m
    LOW POWER!	battery low voltage		7.5...10.5V
    E.POINT	maximum allowed endpoint value	100...150%
		DANGER - values greater than 120% can damage
			    your servo or will not be possible
			    to transmit to receiver because of
			    2.4GHz HF module limitation
		This danger zone will be indicated with a flashing "d" symbol
		  for values greater than 120%
    1		dead zone for steering		0...50
    2		dead zone for throttle		0...50
    b		key beep			OFF/ON
    d		long press key delay		100...1000 miliseconds
    r + ALL	global reset - change to YES to set global configuration
			       and all models to default values
    r + MOD	all models reset - change to YES to set all models
				   to default values
Old 08-09-2011, 04:03 AM   #424
Pebble Pounder

Got it, thanx!
kc092755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:55 AM   #425

Quote:
Yes this is possible, you will need to have the 6ch firmware installed...assign dual esc to ch3, 4ws to ch4, and a 3pos to ch5...if you can't figure it out let me know.
Can you help me to fihure it out.
because i am still dont really understand after read the manual.
it's because my english not very good.
i already translate it with google translate but steel confuse.
flysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #426
RCC Addict

I just ordered the hack from Losi kid and am awaiting the radio from Hobbypartz. I have been looking at a lot of this and to be honest I think I am over thinking this some but why not right! I have a few questions as I get ready to go.

1 There appears to be a computer card in the $25 hack kit that is one the way to me. What is that for?
2. I noticed it looks like this is a three step process to get up and running. 1.is get the pins installed. No brainer. 2. is to plug it into the computer and flash it. Also looks easy. 3. It appears that you have to reprogram all your calibrations on the radio? Is this right?

I am still hoping I can use this radio with the flash to program the amount of throw at right and left steering with right and left independant of each other. I am also wanting to be able to program throttle amount for a 5 year old with a slash!! I am super excited about this so thanks Losi kid.

RickM
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #427
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
I just ordered the hack from Losi kid and am awaiting the radio from Hobbypartz. I have been looking at a lot of this and to be honest I think I am over thinking this some but why not right! I have a few questions as I get ready to go.

1 There appears to be a computer card in the $25 hack kit that is one the way to me. What is that for?
2. I noticed it looks like this is a three step process to get up and running. 1.is get the pins installed. No brainer. 2. is to plug it into the computer and flash it. Also looks easy. 3. It appears that you have to reprogram all your calibrations on the radio? Is this right?

I am still hoping I can use this radio with the flash to program the amount of throw at right and left steering with right and left independant of each other. I am also wanting to be able to program throttle amount for a 5 year old with a slash!! I am super excited about this so thanks Losi kid.

RickM
The computer card is the programmer...it plugs into the computer, and the radio plugs into the card.

your steps seem right

yes epa is independent, and its available for all channels.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #428
Rock Crawler

Quote:

That is your programer. Thats what you plug into the radio and other end to your computer.

Setting of the calibration is very easy. Losikid covered the way to do it a few pages back. Installing the 4 pin connector is very easy also. The computer part was the trickiest part and that wasn't bad at all either.

The amount of throw L/R is you endpoints or epa. The stock radio will do that also. You could also set an epa limit to ch 2 throttle to tame it down a little for your little guy. Another handy thing is being able to adjust the actual steering speed of the servo. You could turn that down a hair so its less twitchy feeling on him. The radio has worked very well for me and losikid has gone out of his way being helpful with setup also

RickM
Hope that helps a little
EDIT: Hes a fast typer also
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #429
RCC Addict

Tuning down the steering speed might help me with my newish 4wd slash! If this radio flash etc is as cool as the wantasummit 3pos switch and the was duel esc thingy, than count me as a fan already. I am not the greatest with electronic stuff as the details are my demons but I know I will eventually get it right and to be honest right now I am only worried about this as a 2 channel radio for an MRC and a slash. I might be ditching my 4pl if this is as good as it sounds though.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #430
Got Worms?

Quote:
Tuning down the steering speed might help me with my newish 4wd slash! If this radio flash etc is as cool as the wantasummit 3pos switch and the was duel esc thingy, than count me as a fan already. I am not the greatest with electronic stuff as the details are my demons but I know I will eventually get it right and to be honest right now I am only worried about this as a 2 channel radio for an MRC and a slash. I might be ditching my 4pl if this is as good as it sounds though.
Yea i'd say this is much cooler than the wAs adapters...because a.) its uber cheap, and b.) if you flashed it, you have self satisfaction knowing you turned a turd into a gold nugget.

And it is abit confusing at first how to program it, but its much easier once you understand how.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #431
Quarry Creeper

Hi All,
just to say that I have received the gt3b hacked by losikid yesterday, he does the job and the shipping very quickly. Once received I went to the post about how to set up the dual esc, 5 minutes later my berg was running ...dig and prop. dig are great !

Thank you very much Losikid, you've done a great work
Bergm@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysky View Post
Can you help me to figure it out.
because i am still dont really understand after read the manual.
it's because my english not very good.
i already translate it with google translate but steel confuse.
please help.
flysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #433
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysky View Post
please help.
Ok this is off the top of my head

DIG to Ch3 trim (rx CH 3)
4WS to D/R switch (rx CH4)
Winch to ST trim (rx CH5)
Crab to ch3 Button

Scroll to EPA
Press and hold enter
scroll to d
press enter
scroll to 3 press enter
scroll to 0,
press enter
scroll to 4
press enter
scroll to 4 press enter
scroll to 0
press enter
scroll to NOC press enter
press and hold enter
Scroll to REV
press and hold enter
scroll to 3
press enter
scroll to DIG
press enter
scroll to RES
press enter
scroll to 100
press enter
scroll to NOR
press enter
scroll to NOO
press enter
scroll to d
press enter
scroll to 4ws
press enter
scroll to RES
press enter
scroll to 100
press enter
scroll to NOR
press enter
scroll to NOO
press enter
scroll to 1
press enter
scroll to CH5
press enter
scroll to RES
press enter
scroll to 100
press enter
scroll to NOR
press enter
scroll to NOO
press enter
scroll to C
press enter
scroll to 4ws
press enter
scroll to SWI
press enter
scroll to NOR
press enter
scroll to NPV
press enter
press and hold enter
press back
Old 08-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #434
Got Worms?

So i woke up this morning and my computer had restarted...didn't think much about it

Well i just went to go convert the finished key mapping manual over to a pdf and let ya'll take a look. But i lost it all,

I had the buttons menu done and had abunch of templates/tutorials written

So it may be awhile before i write it all again,
Old 08-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #435
Got Worms?

I do have good news though....i have Voltage Regulators ordered, so they should start shipping next week...there will be 9 in stock after pre-orders have been sent out.

My next project is adding a bearing to the st wheel to make it buttery smooth. .

After that it'll probably be adding/moving switches.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #436
RCC Addict

Quote:
I do have good news though....i have Voltage Regulators ordered, so they should start shipping next week...there will be 9 in stock after pre-orders have been sent out.

My next project is adding a bearing to the st wheel to make it buttery smooth. .

After that it'll probably be adding/moving switches.
Sweet.. Ill be on getting some bearings for the wheel!!
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #437
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Sweet.. Ill be on getting some bearings for the wheel!!
It'll be awhile...maybe.

After my order this morning, i have no money. So i'd like to run through a batch of kits and refill my pillow to cushion any unexpected stuff.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #438
RCC Addict

Well I mentioned I am not great with electrical stuff but this might sum it all up. I just got the stock GT3B in today and am waiting on the flash kit. I decided to try and go ahead and hook up the radio to my kids mrc. Well in doing so I am having a hard time getting my sidewinder micro esc to arm and communicate with the RX. I have bound it and my servo is working. It is getting its power off the battery anyway. I got my esc to start to chime and then it immediately starts flashing red. I tried to fire it up with my throttle in full gas mode but it keeps doing the same thing. I tried to trouble shoot it with Castle and they did not say much in the trouble shooting stuff. I double checked to make sure I am plugging everything in right and from what I can tell I do. Any ideas?
Old 08-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #439
Got Worms?

Quote:
Well I mentioned I am not great with electrical stuff but this might sum it all up. I just got the stock GT3B in today and am waiting on the flash kit. I decided to try and go ahead and hook up the radio to my kids mrc. Well in doing so I am having a hard time getting my sidewinder micro esc to arm and communicate with the RX. I have bound it and my servo is working. It is getting its power off the battery anyway. I got my esc to start to chime and then it immediately starts flashing red. I tried to fire it up with my throttle in full gas mode but it keeps doing the same thing. I tried to trouble shoot it with Castle and they did not say much in the trouble shooting stuff. I double checked to make sure I am plugging everything in right and from what I can tell I do. Any ideas?
Try reversing the channel...then calibrate the esc
Old 08-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #440
RCC Addict

I think I tried that once but I will try it again. It is almost like it is immediately kicking into a default mode before it has a chance to even try to go into settings or arm.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM