Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2018, 11:16 AM   #4721

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Did you mean the R8B?

Also, are you trying to bind a 8 channel rx to the stock transmitter?
Receiver says R9B. According the the FlySky Compatibility Chart it should work. It says all channels when hacked, I thought maybe with the stock transmitter 1-3 might work. Just wanted to see if receiver worked so I knew if I needed to send it back to shop. I haven't done the hack yet. Waiting on my hack kit to arrive. Here is the link to the compatibility chart.

https://rc.305.cz/storage/FlySky_Tx_...lity_table.pdf

artechroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2018, 11:25 AM   #4722
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artechroach View Post
Receiver says R9B. According the the FlySky Compatibility Chart it should work. It says all channels when hacked, I thought maybe with the stock transmitter 1-3 might work. Just wanted to see if receiver worked so I knew if I needed to send it back to shop. I haven't done the hack yet. Waiting on my hack kit to arrive. Here is the link to the compatibility chart.

https://rc.305.cz/storage/FlySky_Tx_...lity_table.pdf

I haven't heard of the R9B....I usually recommended the R8B. I'm not sure what the difference between the two are, they look the same.

As a side note, I have never tried to bind a 6 or 8ch rx to the stock firmware. I would suspect that it should work but I can't say for sure.

It is odd the table identifies the GT3B with the hacked firmware note but not the GT3C. So maybe the GT3B does something weird? I unfortunately don't have a stock GT3B handy to test.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:27 AM   #4723

Quote:
I haven't heard of the R9B....I usually recommended the R8B. I'm not sure what the difference between the two are, they look the same.

As a side note, I have never tried to bind a 6 or 8ch rx to the stock firmware. I would suspect that it should work but I can't say for sure.

It is odd the table identifies the GT3B with the hacked firmware note but not the GT3C. So maybe the GT3B does something weird? I unfortunately don't have a stock GT3B handy to test.

No worries. I will report back once I have done the hack about whether or not they work. The chart does identify both the b and c with the hacked note though, the C is right below the B
Old 03-05-2018, 08:40 AM   #4724
Rock Crawler

I just checked my R9B (updated R8B), ch1/2 work with my unhacked GT3C and hacked GT3B. I can't get ch3 to work, but I don't have time to mess with it nor check 4+. All channels worked with my i6X when tested.

Also Losi look at the table again, I think you are seeing the T2A line below as the GT3C line.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 09:26 PM   #4725

Has anyone had an issue where the ST program would not read the controller? Getting an error message saying that it cannot connect.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:35 AM   #4726
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
Recent tried to hack a new GT3b using the hack kit I have always used and I get "Device is protected" I have never seen this before, and it's always worked. Can anyone confirm is these are now somehow being protected from Flysky?
Was this ever resolved? I'd like to buy a new one to hack but I'm worried this might happen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 09:31 AM   #4727
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by honchojoe View Post
Was this ever resolved? I'd like to buy a new one to hack but I'm worried this might happen.

I was never able to get it to work and never got a solution. I have 2 radios I can not hack sitting here.
Tin Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:13 AM   #4728

Quote:
I was never able to get it to work and never got a solution. I have 2 radios I can not hack sitting here.
I just picked up a GT3C. I sure as hell hope I can hack it or it's useless to me!
Jim85IROC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #4729
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim85IROC View Post
I just picked up a GT3C. I sure as hell hope I can hack it or it's useless to me!
I've only had a problem with gt3b. I've hacked like 6 gt3c just fine.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #4730

Don't know if this might help

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...Hauh_Ud1rjsgaw

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk
Twinhamme knock off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:59 AM   #4731
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinhamme knock off View Post
Don't know if this might help

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...Hauh_Ud1rjsgaw

Please try this and let us know.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:10 AM   #4732
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by honchojoe View Post
Please try this and let us know.

I tried that and it did't work for me. I can try it again, but I had no luck last time.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:11 AM   #4733
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I tried that and it did't work for me. I can try it again, but I had no luck last time.
Damn.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:04 AM   #4734

I had the same issue. The google translated link above did fix it for me, but not right away.

For noobs (as I am) at this ST Link stuff, it's not all that obvious.. On the option byte tab the read protection was already off so at first I concluded that this setting was already ok but it still didn't work. A couple of desperate hours later I finally hit the 'program to current tab' anyways and suddenly the error was gone and I flashed the FW in a couple of seconds. It took me a couple of hours to discover this, so maybe this is your solution as well?

TLDR
Seemingly the actual setting in the tx can be ON, while option byte tab shows OFF. You simply have to program it anyways like the screenshot below shows:

Björn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #4735

First post from me, hopefully it may help someone.

I just bought a GT3B with the intention of sticking PSX firmware on it, and had read the more recent "Device is protected" posts in this thread during my research.
Figured I would risk buying one despite the reports of the "Device is protected" error ... I needed another transmitter anyway.
Received the transmitter yesterday and today my ST-Link programmer dropped on the mat.

I got everything set up and got the dreaded "Device is protected" message, seemingly no matter what I did.
Started beginning to wonder if the latest STVP software and Win 10 was to blame.

Went over and over through the methods highlighted by Bjorn above and found the same fix on a Youtube comment, "Make sure that the Read Out Protection (ROP) byte is set to off. Open STVP, go to the OPTION BYTE tab, set ROP to off and write out (Ctrl + P). Then, go to the PROGRAM MEMORY tab again and you should be able to write your hex file."

Then I quite by chance discovered that in STVP 3.4.1 Ctrl-P does not seem to function on the 'Option Byte' tab. It only wrote (and updated the ROP) when I hit the Program current tab icon.

So maybe like me some people are happily hitting ctrl-P like the few available fixes indicate, but never think to try clicking the icon/button instead??

Anyway, hopefully this might help someone.

Off to read up all I can on configuring my GT3B now. 4WS is first on the agenda.
GH69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #4736
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH69 View Post
First post from me, hopefully it may help someone.

I just bought a GT3B with the intention of sticking PSX firmware on it, and had read the more recent "Device is protected" posts in this thread during my research.
Figured I would risk buying one despite the reports of the "Device is protected" error ... I needed another transmitter anyway.
Received the transmitter yesterday and today my ST-Link programmer dropped on the mat.

I got everything set up and got the dreaded "Device is protected" message, seemingly no matter what I did.
Started beginning to wonder if the latest STVP software and Win 10 was to blame.

Went over and over through the methods highlighted by Bjorn above and found the same fix on a Youtube comment, "Make sure that the Read Out Protection (ROP) byte is set to off. Open STVP, go to the OPTION BYTE tab, set ROP to off and write out (Ctrl + P). Then, go to the PROGRAM MEMORY tab again and you should be able to write your hex file."

Then I quite by chance discovered that in STVP 3.4.1 Ctrl-P does not seem to function on the 'Option Byte' tab. It only wrote (and updated the ROP) when I hit the Program current tab icon.

So maybe like me some people are happily hitting ctrl-P like the few available fixes indicate, but never think to try clicking the icon/button instead??

Anyway, hopefully this might help someone.

Off to read up all I can on configuring my GT3B now. 4WS is first on the agenda.
Thanks for taking the time to post this info up guys!!! I'm glad to see more and more members taking the time to share important and helpful info like this!!! Great Job .
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:47 AM   #4737

I also followed the above post for my self last night I just wanted to add that I had to use the 4 pins 5v swim gnd and reset for it to work.

Also if anyone is still able to read and save their original software can you please send me a copy. I wasn't able to save mine as the device was protected.

Thanks

Old 04-14-2018, 09:28 AM   #4738
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Where did the website go?
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #4739

Is bangood the place to get the hack kits? I'm really thinking about doing this as I consider myself able to solder most things poorly!
hutchinstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:02 PM   #4740

It's honestly not that hard all you really need is a 4 pin header because once you program it you forget it there hasn't been a Software update since 2011 I think

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM