Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #4761

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
The prograner i used

How i hooked it to the programer

Mine looks just like that, was your computer running windows 10, or what version did you use? I tried 4 different computers all with windows 10 and nothing worked, I got unable to communicate error every time. Also, what programming software did you use? I used the download link in the overkill rc flashing manual.
PartyWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #4762
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyWave View Post
Mine looks just like that, was your computer running windows 10, or what version did you use? I tried 4 different computers all with windows 10 and nothing worked, I got unable to communicate error every time. Also, what programming software did you use? I used the download link in the overkill rc flashing manual.
I never found any maual i googled it i got most of my info from the overkill rc youtube video the drivers for the st link were the hardest part of the hole thing i used a old beat up laptop with windows 7 and it took down loading the zip files a few times to get a download that worked i also had issues downloading the firmware but after searching google i finnaly found a good link it was some odd side download something or another but it worked once the downloads were done the rest of the programing was cake a small learning curve but once you get it its amazinly simple
i would try downloading the files again the file might have paused or stoped short or for what ever reason got corupted
i hooked up the radio side just like homeboy did in his video the only thing i did diferently was i soldered my wires directly to the board and stuffed the wires inside the controler when i was done with the programing

Last edited by ferp420; 07-02-2018 at 11:17 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 04:42 AM   #4763
Rock Crawler

Question on programming, I recently got a clodbuster and want to put red lights in the blower on top of the hood, I want them to come on only when at full throttle, is there a way to mix another channel with ch2 and then maybe use expo so it only activates like I want?
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #4764
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocaged View Post
Question on programming, I recently got a clodbuster and want to put red lights in the blower on top of the hood, I want them to come on only when at full throttle, is there a way to mix another channel with ch2 and then maybe use expo so it only activates like I want?
You would need a on/off switch for the reciver then i would imagine you could use.the.esc mixing feature for the lights instead or a motor i dont have any idea.how but im sure it can be done
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:55 PM   #4765
Pebble Pounder

Does anyone have a PDF or working link for button mapping and programming since overkillrc site is gone? I found some PSX thing but it's not exactly the same and I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
dasbeermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:23 PM   #4766
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasbeermeister View Post
Does anyone have a PDF or working link for button mapping and programming since overkillrc site is gone? I found some PSX thing but it's not exactly the same and I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
What I have...
Programming HELP Cards for version 0.6.1
BAD RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:35 PM   #4767
Pebble Pounder

Thank you BAD RC. That's a start, first thing I need to do is a 3 position switch. I'm trying to get my GT3B to talk to a Tamiya MFC-01.
dasbeermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:21 PM   #4768
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Thank you BAD RC. That's a start, first thing I need to do is a 3 position switch. I'm trying to get my GT3B to talk to a Tamiya MFC-01.
You may have seen this video already.
BAD RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #4769
Got Worms?

Quote:
Index of /GT3B/
Index of /GT3C/
Index of /GT3X-Firmware/
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:28 AM   #4770
Rock Crawler

Is it possible to program this without the kit? I have a few arduinos and some electronics knowledge, can this be breadboarded if they dont apply?
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #4771
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekreant View Post
Is it possible to program this without the kit? I have a few arduinos and some electronics knowledge, can this be breadboarded if they dont apply?
Technically, you're only sending bits to the micro controller in the radio, so it's possible to program it with an arduinio.....but it's way easier to just use a st-link. It would take hundreds if not thousands of hours to develop your own USB to SWIM programmer.

Here's a good starting point...
https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resou...CD00173911.pdf
Old 07-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #4772
Pebble Pounder

There used to be a kit you could buy to install toggles and pots for the extra channels. I can't find them for sale anymore. Does anyone know where these might still be for sale or have installation instruction and perhaps a parts list so that I can put my own kit together?
Hobbezco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #4773

Hey losikid,
I just found this thread and forum and was wondering if you could help me out

I purchased a flysky gt3b but I'm pretty sure it's been used before and returned because it's missing the CD that it's supposed to come with and some.of the buttons have been rebound and they don't do what they should anymore.

I would really like to factory reset but the one that I tried did not work. Where you turn the wheel to the right and hold the back button, turn it on and it should beep, then turn it off. It doesn't work. The enter button doesn't have the long enter function anymore so I can't get to the global settings or anything. And when I go to change the model name I press enter and can change the first letter, but to get to the second letter I have to hit the end button. If I hit enter it confirms the name, so I would only be able to change the first letter.

Also, if I was to get the rechargeable 2200 mAh AAs would I need the VR kit? I have a nitro Savage x so the longest I'll probably ever have the controller on is 20 minutes or less.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited by PatrickRay; 07-20-2018 at 11:35 AM.
PatrickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:10 PM   #4774
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRay View Post
Hey losikid,
I just found this thread and forum and was wondering if you could help me out

I purchased a flysky gt3b but I'm pretty sure it's been used before and returned because it's missing the CD that it's supposed to come with and some.of the buttons have been rebound and they don't do what they should anymore.

I would really like to factory reset but the one that I tried did not work. Where you turn the wheel to the right and hold the back button, turn it on and it should beep, then turn it off. It doesn't work. The enter button doesn't have the long enter function anymore so I can't get to the global settings or anything. And when I go to change the model name I press enter and can change the first letter, but to get to the second letter I have to hit the end button. If I hit enter it confirms the name, so I would only be able to change the first letter.

Also, if I was to get the rechargeable 2200 mAh AAs would I need the VR kit? I have a nitro Savage x so the longest I'll probably ever have the controller on is 20 minutes or less.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
That sounds like the stock firmware from the factory....The upgrade firmware discussed throughout this thread requires you to flash the micro-controller with the firmware written by PSX over on the RC-Tech forum. I used to sell kits todo this but haven't for awhile.

The voltage regulator is used to make your batteries last twice as long. If you are using a 3s LiPo, it will also reduce the amount of heat being generated in the radio.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #4775

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
That sounds like the stock firmware from the factory....The upgrade firmware discussed throughout this thread requires you to flash the micro-controller with the firmware written by PSX over on the RC-Tech forum. I used to sell kits todo this but haven't for awhile.

The voltage regulator is used to make your batteries last twice as long. If you are using a 3s LiPo, it will also reduce the amount of heat being generated in the radio.
Correct this is a factory set up. But even then shouldn't I still be able to have the long enter functions and everything? If I remember correctly, they added instructions for that in the manual that comes with it.
From what I read from the manual it made it seem like I should have still been able to have a long enter and everything.

I'm on page 168 of this thread right now. And I noticed you website was shut down and everything. I also have a gt3c on the way too. If I need the have kit to get those options is there somewhere else that provides them or am I just too late to the party?

And so I understand correctly, I won't need the voltage regulator to run the rechargeable double AAs. The only thing that does for me is make the batteries last longer right? And keeps it from over heating.

Thanks for your answers
Old 07-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #4776
Got Worms?

Quote:
Correct this is a factory set up. But even then shouldn't I still be able to have the long enter functions and everything? If I remember correctly, they added instructions for that in the manual that comes with it.
From what I read from the manual it made it seem like I should have still been able to have a long enter and everything.

I'm on page 168 of this thread right now. And I noticed you website was shut down and everything. I also have a gt3c on the way too. If I need the have kit to get those options is there somewhere else that provides them or am I just too late to the party?

And so I understand correctly, I won't need the voltage regulator to run the rechargeable double AAs. The only thing that does for me is make the batteries last longer right? And keeps it from over heating.

Thanks for your answers
No, Long Enter functions are entirely new firmware....Unless Flysky tried to update their firmware which I would find unlikely.

What manual are you reading?

And correct, you don't need the Voltage regulator.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #4777
Got Worms?

Quote:

There are tons of DIY's on the web and plenty of copy cat sellers who either explicitly claimed to sell OverkillRC products, implicitly implied they were selling OverkillRC products, directly copied OverkillRC material, and there are a couple places that appeared to make an honest attempt at creating their own marketing material.

I might sell again in the future but it was becoming too big of a hassle supporting stuff I didn't even sell.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #4778

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
No, Long Enter functions are entirely new firmware....Unless Flysky tried to update their firmware which I would find unlikely.

What manual are you reading?

And correct, you don't need the Voltage regulator.
I just looked at the mauals again. I have the psx one and the flysky one. I must have been mixing info between the two. I'm an idiot sorry.

Well that sucks but oh well I guess. I'll deal with it. I don't really need all the extra options anyway I suppose
Old 07-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #4779
Got Worms?

As a side note, I have started experimenting with Cortex-M0 ARM mcu's to develop a firmware for the GT5...It's not a huge priority on my list, but I am hoping to get some firmware developed in the next year or two.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:41 PM   #4780
Rock Crawler

Is it possible to pair a hacked GT3C with castle compatible telemetry?
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM