Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #461
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post

I forget to mention earlier i'm working on skins...they'll be overkillrc badged, but will be pretty sick looking
LOL....... Ill be ordering some of them too I suppose Hopefully you get them before you mail out my VR..... then only one package!! What are your ideas on the skins Austin?
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #462
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
LOL....... Ill be ordering some of them too I suppose Hopefully you get them before you mail out my VR..... then only one package!! What are your ideas on the skins Austin?
Vr's will be shipping as early as tuesday, i'll have them monday.

I won't be selling skins for awhile...as for idea's it'll probably have a nuclear theme to them.

I also have decided on lithium battery options. there will be a 6600mah 2s3p and a 2400mah 2s1p. The 6600 will cost about twice as much as the 2400.

I am abit concerned about the 6600 though, as i'm unsure how properly balance charge it.

But right now those aren't on my priority list, vr's well stocked, bearings stocked, 8ch rx's stocked, then i'll work on stuff that requires me to actually develop Skins will probably be here fairly quick though, as its going to tie into some other stuff.

I have a HUGE list of stuff i want to offer, but i don't have the money, so one thing at a time.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #463
RCC Addict

Quote:
Vr's will be shipping as early as tuesday, i'll have them monday.

I won't be selling skins for awhile...as for idea's it'll probably have a nuclear theme to them.

I also have decided on lithium battery options. there will be a 6600mah 2s3p and a 2400mah 2s1p. The 6600 will cost about twice as much as the 2400.

I am abit concerned about the 6600 though, as i'm unsure how properly balance charge it.

But right now those aren't on my priority list, vr's well stocked, bearings stocked, 8ch rx's stocked, then i'll work on stuff that requires me to actually develop Skins will probably be here fairly quick though, as its going to tie into some other stuff.

I have a HUGE list of stuff i want to offer, but i don't have the money, so one thing at a time.
Yea no problem. Was just really giving you shit. I know you have a lot on your plate at this time. Im really glad to see you are jumping on this since no one else really is!! And let us know when you have all the bearings and details all done on those.... Ill order them through ya too. Figured I would throw as much your way for this radio. I could have picked up bearings but Ill wait and get them from you. Keep up the good work and dont burn yourself out mang
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:28 AM   #464
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Yea no problem. Was just really giving you shit. I know you have a lot on your plate at this time. Im really glad to see you are jumping on this since no one else really is!! And let us know when you have all the bearings and details all done on those.... Ill order them through ya too. Figured I would throw as much your way for this radio. I could have picked up bearings but Ill wait and get them from you. Keep up the good work and dont burn yourself out mang
No not much on my plate, a have a bunch brewing though in the pot, but its a high dollar restaurant.

What would be nice is selling 5 hack kits a day, this would make me very happy. and we'd have alot of cool stuff. Hopefully stuff will pick up once the word/knowledge gets moving that the gt3b is a competitor to the high end radios.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #465
Pebble Pounder

Losikid,I'd like to thank you very much for your time and cool products. I really love my GT3b, but 2 things could make it better.

I have a XR10 with with your setup (D/R = front/rear bias- trim3 = front/rear dig).

1. Any ideas on a taller switch to replace the D/R switch? Moving the switch forward is easy, but backwards is a pain.

2. How can program ch.3 button as a bias jump to? Example, know matter what f/r bias I have at the time I push the button and it jumps to -40. I'm know with 20% programming that's only thats only 2 clicks on the d/r, but I'm found 5% is a better fit for me most the time. So as you can see 8 clicks can be a real pita.

Thanks again...
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #466
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikblank View Post
2. How can program ch.3 button as a bias jump to? Example, know matter what f/r bias I have at the time I push the button and it jumps to -40. I'm know with 20% programming that's only thats only 2 clicks on the d/r, but I'm found 5% is a better fit for me most the time. So as you can see 8 clicks can be a real pita.

Thanks again...
No this isn't really possible now, but i'll put word in and it'll probably be available next FW release...I'll play around with buttons more and see how to make them more usable, then i'll discuss them with psx over on rctech.

HOWEVER, its abit of a reach, but you can set either the st or th trim to have a 40% step,

Then Set your ch 3 trim to RES so when you click and hold for 1 second (adjustable, if too long) it'll reset your mix to zero.

_____

Any one have suggestions on ways the buttons can work, compared to whats possible now?
Old 08-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #467
I wanna be Dave

You could try SUGRU on the switch, its pretty awesome stuff.
http://sugru.com/us

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/too...FYLu7QoduSFUzA
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #468
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post

That looks pretty sweet, i want some
Old 08-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #469
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That looks pretty sweet, i want some
order a small pack and try, it has tons of uses & you can mix colors.
i still have a few packs left that are really old but they have dried up and "cured"
Old 08-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #470
RCC Addict

Ok. I have my radio setup great now and I am really happy about it. This is cool. I will for sure be passing this along to my buddies in my local club. I know one guy who would like this already.

I did something you guys might like. I took a bit of fuel tubig to the reverse trigger in order to tighten up the area there and give me more responsive finger control.

Now I do have one last setup question. I am trying to set the epa's on channel 1 seperate for right and left. Right now when I hold the epa menu for a long hold a bunch of programming stuff comes up that I cannot figure out even after I read the manual. Can any of you walk me (the electrical idiot) through this? Thanks.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #471
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Ok. I have my radio setup great now and I am really happy about it. This is cool. I will for sure be passing this along to my buddies in my local club. I know one guy who would ike this already.

I did something you guys might like. I took a bit of fuel tubig to the reverse trigger in order to tighten up the area there and give me more responsive finger control.

No I do have one last setup question. I am trying to set the epa's on channel 1 seperate for right and left. Right now when I hold the epa menu for a long hold a bunch of programming stuff comes up that I cannot figure out even after I read the manual. Can any of you walk me (the electrical idiot) through this? Thanks.
Just press enter on epa...and you will need to turn wheel L&R to set epa...a little arrow on the screen should tell you which direction you are setting

Long enter is for mixing

short enter is for epa, the number on your far left is the channel
Old 08-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #472
RCC Addict

I was overthinking that for sure. Thanks a ton. That even further confirms to me that this is really a slick setup for a fraction of the cost of the name brand stuff. My only issue is that this is not quite as user friendly, in terms of setup, as my kids dx3r but for the price I had some fun learning/working on something and also got a radio that will do more than the dx3r. I also could have bought about 6 of these for the price of one dx3r. Then lets talk about the receivers. Holy Crapola, now we are talking HUGE deal.

Losi kid. I am not sure why you are not selling 5 a day. Keep it up. I know two guys instantly that need one of these. Makes me think your duel esc adapter has a short life coming.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #473
Got Worms?

Quote:
Losi kid. I am not sure why you are not selling 5 a day. Keep it up. I know two guys instantly that need one of these. Makes me think your duel esc adapter has a short life coming.
I was for the first week or so, but now its probably 1 every day or two...its just getting the word out, alot of people don't browse forums.

Honestly, i'd rather sell these than the adapter, i make more off the adapters, but theres also an hours worth of labor (i spend about 5-10 minutes on the kit), and after 60 adapters its very boring to assemble...but the adapter still has its place, for the people who also do racing and prefer spektrum, they can also use their 3r for rock crawling instead of buying a new radio. I sell about 1-2 a week
Old 08-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #474
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Makes me think your dual esc adapter has a short life coming.
1-It's dual, not duel....unless you want fighting ESC's.....
2-Some of us only have 3 channel radio's (I have a Futaba 3PM-x), thus need (and I have) a WannAmix.....
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #475
RCC Addict

Thanks Charlie-III for the spelling help. I have been getting a little dependant on spell check.

I think you also miss-understood my point about the adapter.
I had an adapter and loved it. What I was simply suggesting is the costs savings in the long run is pretty good. I was able to purchase a radio, 2nd rx, and flash kit for 66 bucks. At this pricing (had I not just purchased a 4pl a few months ago), I would have purchased another for myself along with the one for my son. I am seriously considering selling my 4pl to get one now. I am definitely thinking about selling my other kids dx3r and picking up another one.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #476
Got Worms?

Quote:
Thanks Charlie-III for the spelling help. I have been getting a little dependant on spell check.

I think you also miss-understood my point about the adapter.
I had an adapter and loved it. What I was simply suggesting is the costs savings in the long run is pretty good. I was able to purchase a radio, 2nd rx, and flash kit for 66 bucks. At this pricing (had I not just purchased a 4pl a few months ago), I would have purchased another for myself along with the one for my son. I am seriously considering selling my 4pl to get one now. I am definitely thinking about selling my other kids dx3r and picking up another one.
You only need 1 hack kit to program all the radios, just simply buy another 4 pin header. Just an FYI
Old 08-13-2011, 06:33 PM   #477
Rock Crawler

Quote:
BIND procedure FOR 6CH RX

With your radio turned off
  • Plug the bind plug into the Bat port
  • Power the rx thorugh any of the other Ports (with esc, bec, 4 AA rx pack, etc)
  • Click and hold the BND button on your radio
  • Turn the radio on
  • The red LED in the rx should go solid
  • Let off bnd button, pull out the bind plug
  • pull power to rx and shut off tx, turn both on make sure you get a solid red led
Do all the 6ch receivers have a light? Mine seems to not have a light or want to come on at all when I power it up
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:48 PM   #478
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post

Is the SUGRU removable when it cured?
Thanx!
kc092755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:48 PM   #479
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Do all the 6ch receivers have a light? Mine seems to not have a light or want to come on at all when I power it up
They should have a light...i don't see why they wouldn't

Are you sure its getting power, Ground is to the outside edge.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:54 PM   #480
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc092755 View Post
Is the SUGRU removable when it cured?
Thanx!
yes it usually can peel right off.
It dries to a typical firm silicone grip texture like you would find on a handle or anything. so how easily it removes depends on the surface and prep.
for example if you just use it for rubber feet and stick it to the bottom of a smooth laptop you could peel it off with no residue.

if you were planing to pick some up to use on the D/R and ch3/tr switches I would place a small glob on the switch and mold with my hands let it set. then if it doesn't feel secure enough remove it scuff up the switch and apply some epoxy.
check out the site for usage tips and ideas

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM