Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2018, 07:34 PM   #4781
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekreant View Post
Is it possible to pair a hacked GT3C with castle compatible telemetry?
The GT3C does not have telemetry capabilities.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2018, 11:52 PM   #4782
Rock Crawler

Are there any receivers that are capable of handling high voltage? Id like to run it at 8.4v.
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #4783
RCC Addict

Anyone willing to explain how to set up a hacked gts-c to use the ax wire on the mambax. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
This page contains information for the X-Series "Rock Race/Crawler" auxiliary wire mode.
This feature is available on firmware version V2.02 and newer for the Mamba Micro X, Mamba X, Mamba Monster X and Mamba XL X ESCs.

Rock Race/Crawler Mode Overview

This auxiliary wire mode is designed to allow users to get the most out of their ESC when used in rock racing or rock crawling vehicles. This mode allows the user to switch between two different 'Reverse Type' modes on the fly: ‘Rock Race Mode’ and ‘Crawler Mode’. ‘Rock Race Mode’ is optimized for either racing/bashing and ‘Crawler Mode’ is optimized for rock crawling. It also allows you to adjust the motor's Drag Brake based on the AUX wire signal.

Adjusting Drag Brake

While in this mode the motor’s Drag Brake percentage is controlled by AUX wire signal. At 1.1ms the Drag Brake will be disabled at 0% and at 1.9ms the Drag Brake will be set to 100%; it is proportional throughout the AUX wire signal range; IE at 1.5ms the Drag Brake will be at 50%.

Rock Race Mode

The ‘Reverse Type’ in this mode will be set to the Castle Link ‘Reverse Type’ setting on the Basic tab (default is set to “With Reverse”) Refer to "Reverse Type Definitions" at the end of the document for a full description of each ‘Reverse Type'. Note: Do not set 'Reverse Type' to "Crawler Reverse"; this will not allow you to switch reverse modes, use only "With Reverse" or "Without Reverse"

Crawler Mode

The ‘Reverse Type’ in this mode will be set to “Crawler Reverse”.
Refer to "Reverse Type Definitions" at the end of the document for a full description of “Crawler Reverse”.

Changing between 'Rock Race Mode'
and 'Crawler Mode'
There is a point on the AUX wire signal that will switch between the 'Rock Race Mode' and 'Crawler Mode'. This point is adjustable and is controlled by the Castle Link ‘Drag Brake’ setting on the ESC. When the AUX wire Drag Brake value is at or below the Castle Link 'Drag Brake' setting it will be in 'Rock Race Mode'; when the AUX wire Drag Brake value is above the Castle Link 'Drag Brake' setting it will be in 'Crawler Mode'. Please see the examples below for a better understanding of how this works.

Note: If the AUX wire becomes disconnected, the controller will default to 'Rock Race Mode'.

Example 1:

Castle Link Settings: 'Drag Brake' - "0%", 'Reverse Type' - "Without Reverse"
‘Rock Race Mode’ is enabled whenever the AUX Wire Drag Brake is at or below 0% (≤ 1.1ms) and the 'Reverse Type' will be set to "Without Reverse".
‘Crawler Mode’ is enabled whenever the AUX Wire Drag Brake is above 0% (> 1.1ms) and the 'Reverse Type' will be set to "Crawler Reverse".
Click here for a diagram of Example 1.

Example 2:

Castle Link Settings: 'Drag Brake' - "10%", 'Reverse Type' - "With Reverse"
‘Rock Race Mode’ is enabled whenever the AUX Wire Drag Brake is at or below 10% (≤ ~1.2ms) and the 'Reverse Type' will be set to "With Reverse".
‘Crawler Mode’ is enabled whenever the AUX Wire Drag Brake is above 10% (> ~1.2ms) and the 'Reverse Type' will be set to "Crawler Reverse".
Click here for a diagram of Example 2.

E
xample 3:
Castle Link Settings: 'Drag Brake' - "50%", 'Reverse Type' - "With Reverse"
‘Rock Race Mode’ is enabled whenever the AUX Wire Drag Brake is at or below 50% (≤ ~1.5ms) and the 'Reverse Type' will be set to "With Reverse".
‘Crawler Mode’ is enabled whenever the AUX Wire Drag Brake is above 50% (> ~1.5ms) and the 'Reverse Type' will be set to "Crawler Reverse".
Click here for a diagram of Example 3.

'Reverse Type' Definitions:

"Without Reverse" - Racing Setting. No reverse motor direction. Pressing the reverse trigger on the radio will engage the motor brake.
"With Reverse" - For bashing or racing (may not be allowed in some racing situations). When transitioning from throttle to reverse the ESC will brake the motor. To run in reverse the ESC must see a neutral signal for at least 2 seconds before the reverse will engage when reverse trigger is applied.
"Crawler Reverse" - The ESC will immediately spin the motor in reverse when the reverse trigger is pressed. The ESC will apply a brake to bring the motor RPM to zero before reversing the motor; this helps prevent potential damage to the vehicle's drivetrain. This setting is recommended for low speed rock crawling; using this mode at high speed will result in an amazing front-flip, but expensive repairs.

Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #4784
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Anyone willing to explain how to set up a hacked gts-c to use the ax wire on the mambax. Thanks in advance.

This is how i setup my aux switch.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #4785
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekreant View Post

This is how i setup my aux switch.

First is this you? If it is this is the most useful video on he flysky I have seen because of the order and flash cards. I use this all the time even though I have 5 transmitters.

Second, yeah I don't know wtf Im doing? Im good at a lot of this, but frankly I have no Idea how to set up the channel. I just dont understanding the ms settings, is this something I am doing in the flysky, in castle link, or not at all.

Am I setting the channel with the Aux cable up like a shifting servo?

IN the mean time Im going to go mess with thinks see if I can muddle through.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #4786
RCC Addict

Duh,

got it.. thank you
Old 09-16-2018, 04:11 PM   #4787
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Duh,

got it.. thank you
No its not me, its another guy on the forums tho. But yeah, I set it up the same way as the shifting servo.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #4788

Where can I buy required hardware needed for hack besides the transmitter?
Erhnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #4789

I used this one:

https://m.banggood.com/de/3_3V-5V-XT...16744302015050
Björn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #4790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björn View Post
Thanks Björn
Erhnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:37 AM   #4791
Quarry Creeper

I have 5 Flysky GT3Cs, all modded to 8ch. Love them, except for one small fault with all of them. The foam of the steering wheel.
Too lose even with new ones and the steering wheel is wider as the foam. The foam always slip and slide on the wheel.

But... I found a perfect and cheap replacement foam! If you have the same problem, here is the solution.

Get yourself a new foam from Traxxas. Part number #2224. It is the foam for most of their transmitters. I tried the foam of my Traxxas TRX-4 transmitter on my Flysky GT3C. Perfect fit.
The inner diameter of the Traxxas foam is just a bit smaller as the GT3C foam, but perfect for the GT3C wheel. You have to strech the Traxxas foam just a bit over the GT3C wheel and than no more slip.

Bonus, it is just as wide as the GT3C steering wheel, so no more sliding from side to side of the foam over the wheel. And it is also thicker. That last part makes another mod possible. Because now you can use another mod that was only designed for the GT3B.

Because the outer diameter is with this Traxxas foam the same as the outer diameter of the GT3B wheel, you can now 3D print yourself the (OHD) One Hand Drive for FLY Sky FS-GT3B Radio designed by Adam @ Spare Time Hobbies and available at Pinshape.
https://pinshape.com/items/22466-3d-...-fs-gt3b-radio

This OHD mod will not work on the GT3C with the original GT3C foam without changing the design, as in changing the inner diameter of the OHD. But it will work with the thicker Traxxas foam mod without changing anything to the 3D print design.

So there you have it, a mod for a better foam and a way to use your GT3C (and offcourse GT3B) with only one hand.

Last edited by Cesco; 09-29-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #4792
Rock Stacker

hi guys i have been out for a while.
can someone please help me.
I'm trying to do the gt3b firmware upgrade.
i have followed all the steps. i plug in and launch stvp.click open and try to load the updated file and it keeps saying FILE ; LINE 7 NOT IN MOTOROLA S19 FORMAT.
please help before i smash everything.

thanks guys ,i like what you've done with the place
bullittprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:15 AM   #4793
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittprod View Post
hi guys i have been out for a while.
can someone please help me.
I'm trying to do the gt3b firmware upgrade.
i have followed all the steps. i plug in and launch stvp.click open and try to load the updated file and it keeps saying FILE ; LINE 7 NOT IN MOTOROLA S19 FORMAT.
please help before i smash everything.

thanks guys ,i like what you've done with the place
Read this post...

The file I have is The known working file I have D/L from and continue to use is 62.0 KB from Index of /GT3B/GT3B-Firmware/0-6-1/ which loaded correctly on the STVP loader.

I tried the file from github, and got the same Error : FILE : line 7: Not in Motorola S19 format! when I tried to load it.

Here are the results from the STVP programming window.

GITHUB FILE > Loading file C:\C:\*****\RC\FLYSKY HACK\gt3b-0.6.1.s19 in PROGRAM MEMORY area ...
Error : FILE : line 7: Not in Motorola S19 format!
Error : < File loading failed.

OVERKILLRC FILE > Loading file C:\*****\RC\FLYSKY HACK\XXXgt3b-0.6.1.s19 in PROGRAM MEMORY area ... (Ignor the XXX, kept the files in same folder.)
< File successfully loaded. File Checksum 0x26C9BC

BTW, been running Windows 7 but I know it has been done on Win 10.

Last edited by BAD RC; 10-13-2018 at 11:31 AM.
BAD RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #4794
Rock Stacker

thanks bad rc. the firmware seems to have worked . but now the radio won't power up

any ideas?
Old 10-13-2018, 10:19 PM   #4795
Rock Stacker

Quote:
thanks bad rc. the firmware seems to have worked. but now the radio won't power up

any ideas?
Sounds like you missed a step in the Flash. Try reflashing it again, step by step.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:52 PM   #4796
Rock Stacker

all good ,thanks very much.my old bruiser won't know what hit her
Old 10-14-2018, 07:18 PM   #4797
Rock Stacker

Quote:
all good ,thanks very much.my old bruiser won't know what hit her
AWESOME!!!
Old 11-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #4798
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinhamme knock off View Post
Don't know if this might help

P

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk
A little late to the party, but this worked for me. Thanks!
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:22 PM   #4799

Hello all, just wundering if anybody can help me, I have a FS-GT3C and want to set it to use on my scania r620 highline truck with a tamiya MFC-03. Does anybody here know the settings to use as I have no idea and it is getting annoying.
grease9481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:28 PM   #4800

Quote:
First is this you? If it is this is the most useful video on he flysky I have seen because of the order and flash cards. I use this all the time even though I have 5 transmitters.

Second, yeah I don't know wtf Im doing? Im good at a lot of this, but frankly I have no Idea how to set up the channel. I just dont understanding the ms settings, is this something I am doing in the flysky, in castle link, or not at all.

Am I setting the channel with the Aux cable up like a shifting servo?

IN the mean time Im going to go mess with thinks see if I can muddle through.
Is there a tutorial like this for a Scania R620 with a Tamiya MFC-03 as it is just what I am looking for.
Nice job of explaining this.
grease9481 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM