Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2018, 02:59 PM   #4821

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Right, I have now tried a second Programmer and still no dice. No communication errors when I try to read or program. Anyone know if this can be done with windows 10? I am getting close to just giving up and buying one on ebay already hacked. I know this should be doable, but for the life of me it doesnt seem to work for me. ANyone happen to know what I should try next? Please?
Blaize is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #4822
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
Right, I have now tried a second Programmer and still no dice. No communication errors when I try to read or program. Anyone know if this can be done with windows 10? I am getting close to just giving up and buying one on ebay already hacked. I know this should be doable, but for the life of me it doesnt seem to work for me. ANyone happen to know what I should try next? Please?

Typically the communication errors are caused due to a bad programmer or incorrect sequence of plugging stuff in.

Make sure everything is plugged in BEFORE opening up STVP. Also make sure that Windows is detecting the programmer (via Device Manager and anti-virus software). I've seen instances of where a firewall was blocking the device.

Also, you may need to get on ST's website to get Window's 10 drivers for your specific programming device.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:57 AM   #4823
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjr1 View Post
Hi all,

Unfortunately, in the PSX firmware guide I found online, the section for channel mixes hasn't been completed. Therefore, does anyone know how I could achieve a tank-steer/ v-tail mix between the steering and throttle channels on a hacked GT3B? Its for a fighting robot and I'd rather not have a separate mixer in the robot as I've known them to mess with the required fail-safe.

Cheers

​​​​​​​Dan
Assign the DIG mix ("d" in the mixing menu) to Channel 1.

Full Firmware Manual here: https://www.overkillrc.com/GT3X-Firm...NUAL-0.6.1.txt
Old 12-28-2018, 01:56 PM   #4824

Hi fellow gt3b owners.

Got myself same radio.
Managed to flash the firmware and its wonderful.

BUT is there any chance to get something like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQJc...Cko7pgGvUw5in8

Thank you.
SilverPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:02 PM   #4825

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPM View Post
Hi fellow gt3b owners.

Got myself same radio.
Managed to flash the firmware and its wonderful.

BUT is there any chance to get something like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQJc...Cko7pgGvUw5in8

Thank you.
Think you just need the receiver there is a 6ch and 8ch search flysky fs r6b and fs r9b.
DaveCrawls35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #4826

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Typically the communication errors are caused due to a bad programmer or incorrect sequence of plugging stuff in.

Make sure everything is plugged in BEFORE opening up STVP. Also make sure that Windows is detecting the programmer (via Device Manager and anti-virus software). I've seen instances of where a firewall was blocking the device.

Also, you may need to get on ST's website to get Window's 10 drivers for your specific programming device.

Well I'll be damned, It was the drivers. Checked in device manager, found an error for no drivers. Got them from the ST site and had it programmed in 5 min. Thanks.

Of course, thats not the end of it. I managed to skip the calibration process (or rather I got confused and pressed the "end" button instead of the "Enter" button and kicked myself out of it. Took me ages to figure out how to get back in, and when I found online that you turn right and long press the enter button even that wasn't working unless I pull the wheel a little while turning. I suspect this is unique to my radio though. Probably a lousy pot in the wheel (seems to work fine in use though).

Anyway, thanks for the help Losikid, you were right on the money. Now I will hack the other one of these I have as well.
Blaize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:33 PM   #4827
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittprod View Post
thanks bad rc. the firmware seems to have worked . but now the radio won't power up

any ideas?

I’m having the same problem. I flashed it but was able to program it. Now two weeks later it won’t power on. Battery has good voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #4828
Got Worms?

I have decided to indefinitely shut down OverkillRC.

For the last two years, my buddy and I have been building up a 1:1 Ultra4 buggy and developing technologies for the 1:1 offroad industry. At somepoint this year, we'll fire up a new startup to sell the technology we've been developing. There is interest in transferring some of the IP I've developed under OverkillRC but I believe Flysky GT3B/GT3C related products will never make it into my new company.

I'll still poke in from time to time to answer questions but that's about it. Over the next couple months I'm going to be archiving all my OverkillRC data and shutting down websites.

I am going to attempt to find a cheap method to keep hosting the following webpages. But no guarantees.
Index of /GT3X-Firmware/
Index of /GT3B/
https://www.overkillrc.com/GT3C/
Old 01-16-2019, 10:45 PM   #4829
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

For the last two years, my buddy and I have been building up a 1:1 Ultra4 buggy and developing technologies for the 1:1 offroad industry. At somepoint this year, we'll fire up a new startup to sell the technology we've been developing. There is interest in transferring some of the IP I've developed under OverkillRC but I believe Flysky GT3B/GT3C related products will never make it into my new company.

I'll still poke in from time to time to answer questions but that's about it. Over the next couple months I'm going to be archiving all my OverkillRC data and shutting down websites.

I am going to attempt to find a cheap method to keep hosting the following webpages. But no guarantees.
Index of /GT3X-Firmware/
Index of /GT3B/

Good for you kid, but bad for the RC crawler world! Your dedication to the Flysky GT3c and d has save some of us many hours of head aches and cussing. I for one have enjoy watching grow up on here! Good luck with your new business journey and check back with us once in a while.

Sounds like it will be a while before you need that Losi axle.

Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:07 PM   #4830
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Index of /GT3X-Firmware/
Index of /GT3B/
Any chance you can point me to the correct 4-pin connector for the TX in order to have a programming port on the controller? The one with the angle soldered onto the board. I found these (uxcell 25pcs 4 Pin Male to Female Plug Header Adapter Connector Fit RGB/3528/5050 LED Chip Strip Black), but those don't have the right angle bend.

Last edited by soze; 01-16-2019 at 11:09 PM.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:53 AM   #4831
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Good for you kid, but bad for the RC crawler world! Your dedication to the Flysky GT3c and d has save some of us many hours of head aches and cussing. I for one have enjoy watching grow up on here! Good luck with your new business journey and check back with us once in a while.

Sounds like it will be a while before you need that Losi axle.

Ernie
I'm still wanting to get the new Losi built. But I only have a lousy $60 a month going into the RC Car budget. So, might be awhile before I get that going.

The projects I told you about are still on the books as well for the new company. So maybe at somepoint in the coming years there will be another 8+ channel pistol radio on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Any chance you can point me to the correct 4-pin connector for the TX in order to have a programming port on the controller? The one with the angle soldered onto the board. I found these (uxcell 25pcs 4 Pin Male to Female Plug Header Adapter Connector Fit RGB/3528/5050 LED Chip Strip Black), but those don't have the right angle bend.
Unfortunately, I'm still keeping that bit of info until I have firmly determined that it will not be part of any future products.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:39 AM   #4832
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm still wanting to get the new Losi built. But I only have a lousy $60 a month going into the RC Car budget. So, might be awhile before I get that going.

The projects I told you about are still on the books as well for the new company. So maybe at somepoint in the coming years there will be another 8+ channel pistol radio on the market.

Unfortunately, I'm still keeping that bit of info until I have firmly determined that it will not be part of any future products.
Hey Austin, have you seen this new Flysky radio yet? Any thoughts? FlySky FS-NB4 - ambidextrous pistol grip
And I'm sure we can work something out on the axle if you don't want to wait. I'm sure it would be nice to have it to tinker with when you need a break from the new business.
Ernie

Ernie
Old 01-18-2019, 11:19 PM   #4833
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Hey Austin, have you seen this new Flysky radio yet? Any thoughts? FlySky FS-NB4 - ambidextrous pistol grip
And I'm sure we can work something out on the axle if you don't want to wait. I'm sure it would be nice to have it to tinker with when you need a break from the new business.
Ernie

Ernie
Yea, I have seen that radio....I was thinking about picking one up and tearing it apart to see what hardware there is to work with.

As for the Losi axle, I have way too many projects I need to get finished before adding another. The losi parts would probably just sit in a drawer for at least another year. I have strategically limited the budget so that I hit the $1500 mark sometime in 2020 But I might hit you up later this year about procuring some axle parts.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #4834
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yea, I have seen that radio....I was thinking about picking one up and tearing it apart to see what hardware there is to work with.

As for the Losi axle, I have way too many projects I need to get finished before adding another. The losi parts would probably just sit in a drawer for at least another year. I have strategically limited the budget so that I hit the $1500 mark sometime in 2020 But I might hit you up later this year about procuring some axle parts.

Sounds good bud, hopefully I will still be around. And again, good luck with your new venture!
Ernie
Old 01-23-2019, 09:35 PM   #4835
Quarry Creeper

Is there a way to set up 50/50 throttle on the hacked gt3b.

I just received a hacked radio from banggood and I’m trying to get it to link up with my brake controller from heyok. The radio and reciver (FS-r6b)works fine. Esc(axial ae-5)works fine. The brake controller works fine with my almost 20 year old m11. I can get the gt3b to work with a rclights brand brake controller just fine.

Is there some setting I’m not seeing. I tried setting end points at 100 then at 120. Played with the dead band settings. Calibrated quite a few times. Even pulled the radio apart to make sure I could get full throw on the throttle. Trims and expo at 0. Abs off. Even removed the bec and everything except the esc and controller from the reciver. I’m just lost
toka100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 01:22 PM   #4836
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toka100 View Post
Is there a way to set up 50/50 throttle on the hacked gt3b.

I just received a hacked radio from banggood and I’m trying to get it to link up with my brake controller from heyok. The radio and reciver (FS-r6b)works fine. Esc(axial ae-5)works fine. The brake controller works fine with my almost 20 year old m11. I can get the gt3b to work with a rclights brand brake controller just fine.

Is there some setting I’m not seeing. I tried setting end points at 100 then at 120. Played with the dead band settings. Calibrated quite a few times. Even pulled the radio apart to make sure I could get full throw on the throttle. Trims and expo at 0. Abs off. Even removed the bec and everything except the esc and controller from the reciver. I’m just lost
While the hacked GT3B does not have a physical 50/50 throttle, it does in the firmware.

Try to reverse the throttle channel.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:57 PM   #4837
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
For the last two years, my buddy and I have been building up a 1:1 Ultra4 buggy and developing technologies for the 1:1 offroad industry.
Index of /GT3X-Firmware/
Index of /GT3B/
So hour gona run the hammers then or

Sorry for the jack
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #4838
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
So hour gona run the hammers then or

Sorry for the jack
I'm really confused. Can you read your own post?

Yes, we are going to race at the hammers. We are building an extremely competitive 4800 car. Targeting to make it to KOH 2020
Old 02-14-2019, 07:15 PM   #4839
I wanna be Dave

ok, i've been reading up and down this thread, i am trying to do a reset on one of my hacked gt3b, i need it to be clean to start over again writing down all the models and channels again.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:29 PM   #4840
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
ok, i've been reading up and down this thread, i am trying to do a reset on one of my hacked gt3b, i need it to be clean to start over again writing down all the models and channels again.

I believe the answer you need is in this video, I have it saved for that reason, a lot of good info in it.

https://youtu.be/BG-5BPqqltg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM