Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #501
I wanna be Dave

Could you run a 2s lipo instead of 3s with this VR? cheaper battery still better efficiency
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #502
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Could you run a 2s lipo instead of 3s with this VR? cheaper battery still better efficiency
Yes...you can run down to 6.5 volts. In the next fw release you'll be able to set the low power alarm down to 6 volts, currently its at 7.5 volts.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #503
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Yes...you can run down to 6.5 volts. In the next fw release you'll be able to set the low power alarm down to 6 volts, currently its at 7.5 volts.
Sweet, BTW unrelated and I have no use for it as I prefer a game pad and already have the USB cable. but I thought this was pretty neat and simple.
not sure on the cost http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x3GE-qhdlM
Old 08-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #504
Got Worms?

Quote:
Sweet, BTW unrelated and I have no use for it as I prefer a game pad and already have the USB cable. but I thought this was pretty neat and simple.
not sure on the cost http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x3GE-qhdlM
The included cable allows you to simulate more than just the th and st.

I bought Motor M4x the other day for the computer, and i have already played a short time, got steering and throttle working. Next i'm going to figure out how to get the switches to control 4 wheel, lockers, low/hi, etc.

But i'll tell you what, its pretty fun playing that game with a rc car tx, especially on the big screen (tv). Once i get motor m4x working good i'll pust up my findings. Then i'll buy 1nsane and see if i can get it working on it. Then we can have rcc trail runs
Old 08-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #505
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The included cable allows you to simulate more than just the th and st.

I bought Motor M4x the other day for the computer, and i have already played a short time, got steering and throttle working. Next i'm going to figure out how to get the switches to control 4 wheel, lockers, low/hi, etc.

But i'll tell you what, its pretty fun playing that game with a rc car tx, especially on the big screen (tv). Once i get motor m4x working good i'll pust up my findings. Then i'll buy 1nsane and see if i can get it working on it. Then we can have rcc trail runs
that might be fun with Rigs of rods.
I havent played any recent versions but it was pretty fun, there are crawlers, 18 wheelers, cranes,hot rods and rock crawlers
http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/?

and if you have android this is a simple fun and addictive game with free and paid versions https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
Old 08-16-2011, 10:48 PM   #506
Got Worms?

Quote:
that might be fun with Rigs of rods.
I havent played any recent versions but it was pretty fun, there are crawlers, 18 wheelers, cranes,hot rods and rock crawlers
http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/?

and if you have android this is a simple fun and addictive game with free and paid versions https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
The android game...i have it, but it doesn't really work on my phone.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #507
RCC Addict

Quote:
For those wanting to max out their battery compartment with a 3s

here's one, 2400 mah

http://cgi.ebay.com/Venom-3S-1P-2400...#ht_2240wt_654

Its quite pricy though, i've been looking for the no-name brand but can't find it.

Edit: I can't promise the above pack fits, as i can't seem to find it on venoms website...i found one but it wasn't the same dimensions.

Loosing hope in Venom. Have sent back about $1200 in batteries in the last 3 months for cells dying or coming dis connected in my track cars. All in Roar approved cases. Im keeping my hopes up with my hobby king 2200 when it gets here
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 AM   #508
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Loosing hope in Venom. Have sent back about $1200 in batteries in the last 3 months for cells dying or coming dis connected in my track cars. All in Roar approved cases. Im keeping my hopes up with my hobby king 2200 when it gets here
That alot of $ in batteries...have you try'd gens ace? They have roar approved packs

As for batteries, i have something coming in a week or two. It'll be neat if it works.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #509
Got Worms?

How many people have a reamer that goes up to 12mm?

Will i need to include a 12mm drill bit with the bearings, for the bearing mod...(have to enlarge a hole from 8mm to 12mm)

I'm going to try a 15/32 drill bit when i get the bearings in (in afew days) but 15/32 is about .003 smaller than 12mm so it may not work, i don't think many people have metric drill bits, i know i don't, and i have alot of drill bits, all standard.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #510
RCC Addict

Quote:
How many people have a reamer that goes up to 12mm?

Will i need to include a 12mm drill bit with the bearings, for the bearing mod...(have to enlarge a hole from 8mm to 12mm)

I'm going to try a 15/32 drill bit when i get the bearings in (in afew days) but 15/32 is about .003 smaller than 12mm so it may not work, i don't think many people have metric drill bits, i know i don't, and i have alot of drill bits, all standard.
Yea I have been looking into other batteries. Buying a set at a time and seeing what I like and dont like. Im going to try the Gen Ace. The batteries ive had fail go from 1 cell saddles up to 6s. Ridiculous, last set I send they were not going to have them for a while in stock, so they called my LHS and payed full price for the set. Then I went and picked them up. LOL

As for the reamer. I have a dubro and a dynamite. Dubro is cheap, kinda short for how steep it is but goes up to 16.4mm. Dynamite is a lot nicer, replaceable tip and has marks in mm on it. Goes up to 13.5mm

Last edited by JokersWild; 08-17-2011 at 02:00 AM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #511
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
As for the reamer. I have a dubro and a dynamite. Dubro is cheap, kinda short for how steep it is but goes up to 16.4mm. Dynamite is a lot nicer, replaceable tip and has marks in mm on it. Goes up to 13.5mm
I'll probably make the drill bit an option...right now its $5 a bit, i'm still looking for other suppliers that sell drill bits individually, but the few i do find their metric series are outrageous ($20 for 12mm)

Now if i was looking for 15/32" bit, were talking $1
Old 08-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #512
Got Worms?

FW 0.4.1 has been released. The changes include

Code:
*0.4.1 ()

minimum battery voltage set to 6V
      For 2s LIPO and new VR
    CH3 key set default to OFF
        No more accidental winches spooling in on power up
    added DGR key function to reset DIG mix to centre
        So you can press the ch3 button to rest your mix to 0
    added posibility to select DIG instead of channel number at MultiPosition
        Had this implemented, so you can have 2 positions to swap between your 
        favorite mix positions easily (0% and 40% for ex)
    added lap count functions assignable to keys
       Not much use for us

I will be testing these new features tomorrow, if all tests good i'll post up some download links
Old 08-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #513
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
FW 0.4.1 has been released. The changes include
I will be testing these new features tomorrow, if all tests good i'll post up some download links
Do I have to re-bind, re-calibrate radio and esc's , re-setting radio's function(dig, propo...) every time if I flash to newest firmware? Headache!
Thanx!
kc092755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #514
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc092755 View Post
Do I have to re-bind, re-calibrate radio and esc's , re-setting radio's function(dig, propo...) every time if I flash to newest firmware? Headache!
Thanx!
Not this one

When only the last digit changes, models and such shouldn't need to be re setup. Only if the first or second number changes will new models need to be setup

so 0.4.0 should upgrade to 0.4.1 without any issues. But 0.3.2 to 0.4.1 will require you to setup new models.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #515
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Not this one

When only the last digit changes, models and such shouldn't need to be re setup. Only if the first or second number changes will new models need to be setup

so 0.4.0 should upgrade to 0.4.1 without any issues. But 0.3.2 to 0.4.1 will require you to setup new models.
So nothing need to be done from 0.4.0 to 0.4.1.
Thanx!
kc092755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #516
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc092755 View Post
So nothing need to be done from 0.4.0 to 0.4.1.
Thanx!
I don't think so...have to stay the same channel though. If you change ch's with the same second digit it'll best it all up and you have to revert back to a older FW
Old 08-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #517
I wanna be Dave

How do you remove the wheel? I have the "pod" unbolted from the radio and tire grip removed but cant see where you separate the wheel from the pot and i don't want to force it off because it feels like it would break.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:04 PM   #518
Got Worms?

Quote:
How do you remove the wheel? I have the "pod" unbolted from the radio and tire grip removed but cant see where you separate the wheel from the pot and i don't want to force it off because it feels like it would break.
Get a needle,

Poke it down into the hole on the center cap... now pry the center cap out.

Theres a screw underneath there.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #519
Got Worms?

Here's a vid of my losi...i'm using the gt3b :mrgeen:

For those doubting its dual esc capabilities

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R90Oqc-XfVc
Old 08-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #520
I wanna be Dave

haha center cap, now that i see it i cant believe i missed it. thanks

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM