Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
haha center cap, now that i see it i cant believe i missed it. thanks

oops, wrong attached smiley, oh well
Attached Images

losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #522
RCC Addict

HOLY WOW....... Austin can you get me a good picture of where the antenna wire solders to the board?? Put in my VR and wire broke at the solder joint. Hard to tell what one it was soldered to. And is it one braided wire or is it like coax with two points to hook to?? Wish it would have just had a plug to unhook it each time.

I know it was on RCT somewhere.... still searching it. Figured may help out some putting it here also

EDIT////// ok its coax..... looks like center of coax goes to the center of the three spots there and the outer of the coax goes to the outer (opposite the power switch) Third hole to the power button side gets nothing.

Correct???

Ok..... i think i got it...... hella small stuff. Had to pull out my fine fine point for my soldering iron. Seems to be on there (no solder bled between). Anyone run theirs with broken antenna and know about what the range is when its not connected?? Just want to make sure all is 100% here. Kinda sketched on running the 1/8 scale ofna onroad with it...... CC 2650 on 6S LMAO.

Last edited by JokersWild; 08-19-2011 at 08:26 PM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #523
RCC Addict

I am not sure I share your same level of concern as I did this with my kids slash(even though I probably should have). I broke off the antenna, smacked it with some soldier (not knowing it was three wires) and went out in the dark to see how far I could run his truck up the block. I am a little worried about how it will hold up at the local track with other radios running though.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:20 AM   #524
Rock Stacker

Just got my Losi MOA setup. 3ch Button does rear dig to 4wd, 3ch trim does full front and rear dig, D/R does +/- 20% increments front and rear dig. Using a Novak M2 proportional dual motor speed control. This is gonna be fun.

vette66_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #525
I wanna be Dave

Here's my pics of 3s battery install.

Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #526
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
I am not sure I share your same level of concern as I did this with my kids slash(even though I probably should have). I broke off the antenna, smacked it with some soldier (not knowing it was three wires) and went out in the dark to see how far I could run his truck up the block. I am a little worried about how it will hold up at the local track with other radios running though.
I would be more careful with it, it's not high power, but RF waves can be bad for your health. Then there's the possible damage to the tx due to incorrect impedence of the antenna.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #527
I wanna be Dave

anyone here using an ESC to control the winch? I finally decided to setup the winch on the Gt3B for a scale run tomorrow morning but my 3racing controller is burnt and heyOKs controller isnt here yet. i decided to use my mamba micro but cant seem to get it setup properly on the extra channels. if i plug it into the RX where a ESC should go it works fine, though with the throttle. when i connect it to another channel it will either spool all the way in/out or not do anything at all. i cant control it at all from the gt3B
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #528
Rock Crawler

Quote:
anyone here using an ESC to control the winch? I finally decided to setup the winch on the Gt3B for a scale run tomorrow morning but my 3racing controller is burnt and heyOKs controller isnt here yet. i decided to use my mamba micro but cant seem to get it setup properly on the extra channels. if i plug it into the RX where a ESC should go it works fine, though with the throttle. when i connect it to another channel it will either spool all the way in/out or not do anything at all. i cant control it at all from the gt3B
I have one running off of an MRC esc. Works great. Make sure you have 3ch (button switch) turned off. That will make the third channel always start at full in/out.

Also try programming the esc to the switch, buy turning the esc on with the switch in one of the full positions (which ever works out to be like full throttle).
rhett314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:51 PM   #529
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett314 View Post
I have one running off of an MRC esc. Works great. Make sure you have 3ch (button switch) turned off. That will make the third channel always start at full in/out.

Also try programming the esc to the switch, buy turning the esc on with the switch in one of the full positions (which ever works out to be like full throttle).
I actually tried it on ch4 and used ch3 for 4WS.as far as calibrating the ESC to the switch I tried that and either the ESC somehow didn't see it or I didn't set up the winch correctly. I followed the same directions I used to get 4WS working bit may have missed something. I was actually going to try my old M-LST ESC because it doesnt need calibration but Im starting to think i may not have the channel setup right,either way it winched in way fast and broke the cheapo hook . time for an upgrade

BTW when it was running on Ch2 on the bench i plugged the winch into the micro sidewinder and a 3S lipo and it was awesome . The HeyOK controller I ordered was the high volt one and can take 3s but it needs to be coming off the RX otherwise it will burn up. I dont think i want to set the BEC that high and fry the rest of the electronics haha
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #530
RCC Addict

Quote:
I actually tried it on ch4 and used ch3 for 4WS.as far as calibrating the ESC to the switch I tried that and either the ESC somehow didn't see it or I didn't set up the winch correctly. I followed the same directions I used to get 4WS working bit may have missed something. I was actually going to try my old M-LST ESC because it doesnt need calibration but Im starting to think i may not have the channel setup right,either way it winched in way fast and broke the cheapo hook . time for an upgrade

BTW when it was running on Ch2 on the bench i plugged the winch into the micro sidewinder and a 3S lipo and it was awesome . The HeyOK controller I ordered was the high volt one and can take 3s but it needs to be coming off the RX otherwise it will burn up. I dont think i want to set the BEC that high and fry the rest of the electronics haha
Got mine running off of 6th channel (winch) @ 8volts. Works great. As for running it off of high volt....... get BEC just for winch..... run power and ground straight to servo and servo signal to the RX. Then bump your BEC to whatever volt you want. There ya go with no issues to the Rx. Built jumpers like this so I could be able to un plug and quickly replace

Obviously servo out on side where the signal wire is and BEC in on the other side.

mines off of the D/R switch. straight off of receiver on CH6

long hold on REV
scroll to d
CH6
NOL
100%
NOR
NOO

Back then done

Also there was not 3 wires for the antenna.... there was 2

Last edited by JokersWild; 08-21-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #531
Pebble Pounder

Hi losikid,
When I switch D/R to 60%, the designated wheel barely moving and not moving at all when switch to 80%, not as the wheel speed shown in your video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dGi...eature=related
I set up mixed rate follow your "Dual ESC Mixing Template".
Please help.
Thanx!
kc092755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #532
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc092755 View Post
Hi losikid,
When I switch D/R to 60%, the designated wheel barely moving and not moving at all when switch to 80%, not as the wheel speed shown in your video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dGi...eature=related
I set up mixed rate follow your "Dual ESC Mixing Template".
Please help.
Thanx!
This could be a difference in esc's, motor, calibration, etc.

If you go fast enough on 80% the motor should spin.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #533
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
HOLY WOW....... Austin can you get me a good picture of where the antenna wire solders to the board?? Put in my VR and wire broke at the solder joint. Hard to tell what one it was soldered to. And is it one braided wire or is it like coax with two points to hook to?? Wish it would have just had a plug to unhook it each time.

I know it was on RCT somewhere.... still searching it. Figured may help out some putting it here also

EDIT////// ok its coax..... looks like center of coax goes to the center of the three spots there and the outer of the coax goes to the outer (opposite the power switch) Third hole to the power button side gets nothing.

Correct???

Ok..... i think i got it...... hella small stuff. Had to pull out my fine fine point for my soldering iron. Seems to be on there (no solder bled between). Anyone run theirs with broken antenna and know about what the range is when its not connected?? Just want to make sure all is 100% here. Kinda sketched on running the 1/8 scale ofna onroad with it...... CC 2650 on 6S LMAO.
Yea the looks good, and yes there's only two wires the outer mesh and the inner, and they arn't fun to solder back on. Should i make the warning on step 4 in the vr install in a red bold print?, instead of just bold
Old 08-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #534
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Yea the looks good, and yes there's only two wires the outer mesh and the inner, and they arn't fun to solder back on. Should i make the warning on step 4 in the vr install in a red bold print?, instead of just bold
Im sure it would help out someone...... Ive torn it apart a bunch of times and stupid me pulled top cover and flipped the board around forgetting about it. I guess remind people to pull the top cover and not the board over the antenna Im sure the solders were not on the wire all that well due to the wire just snapped off right at the solder joint. Was easy (easier than i thought i should say) with my small point tip and Trak Power @ 600 deg Just stripped coating with blade..... separated them both and tinned a good deal. Then carefully soldered away
Old 08-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #535
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Im sure it would help out someone...... Ive torn it apart a bunch of times and stupid me pulled top cover and flipped the board around forgetting about it. I guess remind people to pull the top cover and not the board over the antenna Im sure the solders were not on the wire all that well due to the wire just snapped off right at the solder joint. Was easy (easier than i thought i should say) with my small point tip and Trak Power @ 600 deg Just stripped coating with blade..... separated them both and tinned a good deal. Then carefully soldered away
Yea the way they are/need to be soldered on there makes a very fragile connection. I'd be happy to pay another $1 for plug like on higher end modules.

What i did for my radio is cut a slot in the antenna hole, so i can, with ease, pull my antenna in and out so i don't have to worry about the connection.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #536
Got Worms?

Also if anyone needs parts for this radio lmk, i just got a bum tx from hobbypartz and i doubt they'll replace it since i popped the lid open.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #537

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Alright her's some proof it works...excuse my messy work bench

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dGifwCvtw
hi there. did the 3rd channel hack on gt3b and am trying to set it up to use one esc and the rc4wd dig but it acts funny. most likely the radio is now to complex for my dumb ass. Would you be so kind to tell me how to set up the radio for the 3-position channel 3 dig. you'd be a lifesaver.

thanx

ps xr10 with rooster...
p-diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #538
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-diddy View Post
hi there. did the 3rd channel hack on gt3b and am trying to set it up to use one esc and the rc4wd dig but it acts funny. most likely the radio is now to complex for my dumb ass. Would you be so kind to tell me how to set up the radio for the 3-position channel 3 dig. you'd be a lifesaver.

thanx

ps xr10 with rooster...

Map CH3 Trim switch to control Channel 3

Long click REV
scroll to 3, press enter
scroll to MOM, press enter
Press and hold enter
back

Make sure to turn "c" To Off, Off

Long click Rev
scroll to C, press enter
Scroll to OFF, press enter
scroll to OFF, press enter
Press and hold enter
Back
Old 08-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #539
Got Worms?

Here's a picture of the new cable if anyone has been wondering

Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #540
Pebble Pounder

Have you had a chance to try out the new firmware?
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM