Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #581
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Ummm....the outer wire covering on coax is a "drain", not "brain". The center wire is the actual antenna, the outer drain acts as shielding for part of the antenna.
I call it a brain...not referring it to its actual job
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 11:25 PM   #582
Got Worms?

For those wondering...there is no reverse polarity protection in the 3ch rx...its still abit stinky around here.

So if you plan on powering it with a 2 pin connector, not 3, be sure to make sure its the right polarity, or it'll sizzle instantly.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #583
Got Worms?

Here's the install instructions for the Bearing mod

http://www.overkillrc.com/GT3B/GT3B%...ons%20v1.0.pdf

I'm also now offering bearing mods, 2s lipo mods, and VR regulator mods. on my Pre-Hacked units

http://www.overkillrc.com/products.h...roduct=5583397
Old 09-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #584
Got Worms?

Alright guys 25 more hack kits and 25 more vr regulators will be in stock probably late this week. I have like 100 bearings so i'm good there. The next new addition to my line up here in the next few weeks will either be some 8ch rx's or i'm going to try and import in some of the new flysky radios. But i have to recoop from the hit i just took first.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:25 AM   #585
Pebble Pounder

The GT4 or the GT3C? Any idea if our rx will work with the GT4 and what it will cost?
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #586
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Alright guys 25 more hack kits and 25 more vr regulators will be in stock probably late this week.
OK, I have a Futaba 3PM-x which uses 8 AA's, do you think your VR could be used for the TX & a 3S LiPO??
I wish I knew what the TX needs as a voltage, I know when I run rechargables the voltage meter shows low (being 1.2VPC) but not sure what the minimum is.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #587
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikblank View Post
The GT4 or the GT3C? Any idea if our rx will work with the GT4 and what it will cost?
It depends on price...as for the rx's yes they should all intermingle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
OK, I have a Futaba 3PM-x which uses 8 AA's, do you think your VR could be used for the TX & a 3S LiPO??
I wish I knew what the TX needs as a voltage, I know when I run rechargables the voltage meter shows low (being 1.2VPC) but not sure what the minimum is.
Find the voltage regulator in the 3pm-x

Check the output voltage. Center pin should be GND. The one o the pins should rear a steady 5 volts. If one of them does, take a picture and tell me which pin reads 5 volts, also if center pin is gnd and i'll let you know if it'll work or what your next best option is.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #588
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Find the voltage regulator in the 3pm-x

Check the output voltage. Center pin should be GND. One of the pins should read a steady 5 volts DC. If one of them does, take a picture and tell me which pin reads 5 volts, also if the center pin is gnd and I'll let you know if it'll work or what your next best option is.
Thanks.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #589
Got Worms?

Let me know what you think about this page...if you were a newb and stumbled onto it while researching gt3b's.

http://www.overkillrc.com/gt3b.htm

Currently my store is base off of AJAX so it is horrible at getting google to link to the products. So this page is mostly for Search Engine Optimization. But also to put all the info in one place. I plan to expand it even more, but this is as far as i've got the past few hours. Let me know what you think should be added.

Last edited by losikid; 09-05-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #590
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Let me know what you think about this page...if you were a newb and stumbled onto it while researching gt3b's.

http://www.overkillrc.com/flyskygt3binfo.htm
I like it, laid out well and everything is clearly explained. in fact i think from now on when suggesting the GT3B with your flash kit ill link to that page
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #591
Got Worms?

I just changed the link to make it easier to refer to

Old 09-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #592
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Currently my store is base off of AJAX so it is horrible at getting google to link to the products. So this page is mostly for Search Engine Optimization. But also to put all the info in one place. I plan to expand it even more, but this is as far as i've got the past few hours. Let me know what you think should be added.
Looks pretty good and makes sense to me.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #593
Pebble Pounder

just got my Gt3b today and ordered one of you kits. Cant wait.
Unfadingpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #594
RCC Addict

Page looks great Austin..... helps explain a bunch of the repetitive questions that keep popping up
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #595
Got Worms?

So i've tried to rewrite the manual twice for the new firmware, and problem is the one psx has made is better. As its short and simple. Just have to know how to use it. So i think i'm going to give one more attempt at it, but keep it sweet and simple. and rely on tutorials/step by steps to explain how to use the manual.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #596
Got Worms?

Just an FYI

I will be changing the thread title to a Q&A related title sometime in the next few days. I am going to keep all the tech on my website. Most people don't like going through 30 pages of Q&A with tech scattered.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #597
RCC Addict

Default Gt3b?

I have a bjv4 berg coming in the mail from the classifieds. This is my first moa. It has a futaba reciver already installed. It was set -up with the pks before, but I'm receiving it with no remote. My question is how does your gt3b setup compare to the pks. I like that with all the upgrades the gt3b comes in at $150.00 instead of $450.00. My other question is, would my receiver be compatible with the gt3b, or do I need to get a flysky with 4 or more channels with the transmitter? One last question, how user friendly would this be to setup on my berg with dual fxrs? Setting up the electronics is probably my weakest point in rc crawlers for me. I run a gt3b on my mini and really like it. Please give me some input, I would really like to be setup at $150 instead of $400.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #598
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
I have a bjv4 berg coming in the mail from the classifieds. This is my first moa. It has a futaba reciver already installed. It was set -up with the pks before, but I'm receiving it with no remote. My question is how does your gt3b setup compare to the pks. I like that with all the upgrades the gt3b comes in at $150.00 instead of $450.00. My other question is, would my receiver be compatible with the gt3b, or do I need to get a flysky with 4 or more channels with the transmitter? One last question, how user friendly would this be to setup on my berg with dual fxrs? Setting up the electronics is probably my weakest point in rc crawlers for me. I run a gt3b on my mini and really like it. Please give me some input, I would really like to be setup at $150 instead of $400.
GT3B isn't compatible with futaba rx's...the gt3b comes with a 3 channel rx, however if you need more than 3 channels you'll need to purchase a 6 or 8 channel rx

I'll let others answer you opinion based questions.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #599
I wanna be Dave

For the money vs. channels, you have a REALLY hard time beating what LosiKid offers in his hacked radios.
I've never used one of his systems, but I can't say I have heard of a negative comment......

I, and my son, run Futaba, but the cost is a lot more.
If you try a LosiKid radio, if you don't like it, you are out about what I spend on a Futaba 3PM-x RX (dang....)
Old 09-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #600
Pebble Pounder

I run mine on a XR10 and love it.The Gt3 has more bang for the buck. It's more comfortable than my M11. Though the Futaba feels much better in my hand.You really don't notice the difference when you're on the rocks, concentrating on crawling.
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM