Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #601
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikblank View Post
I run mine on a XR10 and love it.The Gt3 has more bang for the buck. It's more comfortable than my M11. Though the Futaba feels much better in my hand.You really don't notice the difference when you're on the rocks, concentrating on crawling.
gt3b...gt3 is a different radio.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #602
Pebble Pounder

Sorry, I meant GT3b.
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #603
RCC Addict

Default User friendly?

My big question is how user freindly is it. When my berg comes in the mail, how easily will i be able to order a gt3b with all the bells and whistles and a six channel receiver, and install it in my berg with dual fxrs and get it all to run smoothly. I have a grasp of my sportsmans rig, even programming the esc, but the thought of taking a remote that is "hacked" and trying to figure out how to set it up on my moa scares me a little. I have a gt3b stock on my mini and love it, and i love that i can have a great remote with all the bells and whistles for around $150.00, but if i am going to have to swim through pages and pages of info and ask questions after questions on forums to figure out whats going on, then I would rather spend the extra on a pks since i already have a reciever for it. I just want some honest answers out there from people that have went through setting theres up with dual esc.
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #604
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
My big question is how user freindly is it. When my berg comes in the mail, how easily will i be able to order a gt3b with all the bells and whistles and a six channel receiver, and install it in my berg with dual fxrs and get it all to run smoothly. I have a grasp of my sportsmans rig, even programming the esc, but the thought of taking a remote that is "hacked" and trying to figure out how to set it up on my moa scares me a little. I have a gt3b stock on my mini and love it, and i love that i can have a great remote with all the bells and whistles for around $150.00, but if i am going to have to swim through pages and pages of info and ask questions after questions on forums to figure out whats going on, then I would rather spend the extra on a pks since i already have a reciever for it. I just want some honest answers out there from people that have went through setting theres up with dual esc.
I don't really want to give my opinion....but since you have a gt3b and understand the buttons and such. Read through the manual for a hacked gt3b

http://www.overkillrc.com/GT3B-Firmw...NUAL-0.4.1.txt

I also have this linked on my 2n post, a template on setting up dual esc's

GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

If for some reason you can't figure it out i will take you step by step though it like i have many others. The programming is strange/confusing at first. But once you understand it its very easy....i'm not sure how others feel, but i know the manual/how to program it better than the palm of my hand.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #605
I wanna be Dave

Agreed, you just have to play with the menus's and get used to the menu names.Once you know what each abbreviation is for it becomes easier. if you mess something up you can easily erase the model and start over.
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #606
Got Worms?

Hobbypatz now has 8 channel RX's. $14

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-r8b-receiver.html
Old 09-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #607
Got Worms?

If you just want some 8ch rx's hold off abit, if you need them order from hobbypartz. I'm working on ordering some smaller 8 channel rx's. Not much but the 8ch's are quite big.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #608
RCC Addict

I thought I would give a shout out about this antenna thingy again. I am going to tackle mine tonight, but I am curious as to any progress on this by anyone. When mine became un'attached I simply took my solder iron and slapped a bunch of it on there and stuck the antenna to it. I am going to need to clean the solder off before I get started on this. regardless has anyone made any progress outlining or posting pics of how to get this back to the good?

I will try and do so myself tonight if I can.

Cracked mine back open. I can now see the three different antenna tabs.

I think the coax goes to the center and the ground goes outside.

OK. I went and unsoldered my antenna and checked it all out. The antenna "Brain" is wrapped all the way around the antenna from what I could tell. As a result getting it to splinter off to the outside was not easy. I did get it though. The hard part was getting the coax to actually stick to the board as it did not want to hold solder tin as well. Anyway I think I gotter done.

Last edited by RickM; 09-14-2011 at 08:39 PM.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #609
Got Worms?

Hey guys, just added up a testimonial page, check it out. Feel free to add

http://www.overkillrc.com/apps/testimonials/#

Going to start on a about page as well.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #610
I wanna be Dave

When setup for 6 channels, how many models are available? Are you able to switch models on the fly, without hooking up to a pc? Thx
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #611
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
When setup for 6 channels, how many models are available? Are you able to switch models on the fly, without hooking up to a pc? Thx
I use the 6ch firmware and it shows model 0-13 so 14 models. yes you can switch without PC. I only use the PC to flash the firmware nothing else
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #612
Got Worms?

15ish, not 100% sure

Yes you can change models on the fly.

the only thing the computer does (as of now (up to 0.4.1)) is flash the new firmware. All programming/channel setup, switch mapping is done on the radio. (on the lcd)
Old 09-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #613
Got Worms?

Now you can do more models...by reading then saving your data memory tab. Then simply load this for another set of models.

However i've never tried this. Just theory.

Theres ideas on the table for using the computer with more integration. Problem is i haven't been able to find someone with enough experience in windows software programming to accomplish this. But there are afew ways to do some cool integrating
Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #614
I wanna be Dave

Ok thx. That was the thing I didnt like w your old conversions.

Definitely keep this in mind
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #615
Got Worms?

This isn't a stick to pistol conversion. Its a much better radio than my conversions. I still like my dx3e conversion though. The radio was just so smooth and comfortable compared to my tq. To bad it was a customer build
Old 09-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #616
Pebble Pounder

Well after reading through this thread and doing research on this radio, I've got a gt3b on the way along with your hack kit, bearing, and voltage regulator. I'm stoked, this will make me want to build my berg even that much more. Thanks for this great product and all the tips and customer support. I look forward to putting it all together.
Chevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #617
Got Worms?

New Lower price for flashed GT3B/cheaper options, Check it out

http://www.overkillrc.com/products.h...roduct=5583397
Old 09-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #618
Got Worms?

I just got some 8ch rx's and their HUGE

1.3"x2"x.6"

I'll post some pics up later
Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #619
Quarry Creeper

Just to be clear, When i purchase a GT3B prehacked, it will come with the newest FW. so i dont need to spend the extra 30$ on preinstalled header and hack kit. that is only for future FW updates, correct? thanks.
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #620
Got Worms?

Yes it will comes with the newest firmware...the header and hack kit is only needed if you ever plan on updating it.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM