Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #701
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
I am running a Rockhard motor that I actually switched at one point to see if that was causing my issue and it was not. I switched everything but the esc and it all came back to the GT3b in the end. I wrote up about this about two weeks ago in detail. In digging a bit into it today it brought my to something worth looking at. The trigger has a good bit of throw in forward but not in reverse. It would appear that it is more like a 70/30 throw (70%) in forward. that being said it would make the power band in reverse pretty sharp and possibly impact reverse negatively, and make reverse twitchy. That being said I took a very small grinding bit on a dremel and bored out some more room for the trigger to go in reverse and I think I fixed my wheelspeed issue as well as the reverse throw seams to be bigger.

Any chance this can be addressed with a mod losikid (that is if I am seeing this right)?
Yes its a 70/30 trigger, But it doesn't have a 70/30 throttle, if you calibrate it right you have 100% throw forward, and 100% throw backwards. Actually as long as the esc is calibrated correct, it doesn't matter if the radio is.

Now i don't personally like the 70/30 throttle, but i can't see a cost effective solution to make it 50/50, and i actually kinda like having the long trigger puller.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #702
RCC Addict

I looked around a bit and with all the radios we have laying around it appears that most are 70/30. It just makes the distance between 0 and 100% a little shorter thus more twitchy.

Still a great radio, but the first we have had to be able to actually give input on.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #703
Got Worms?

Quote:
I looked around a bit and with all the radios we have laying around it appears that most are 70/30. It just makes the distance between 0 and 100% a little shorter thus more twitchy.

Still a great radio, but the first we have had to be able to actually give input on.
I gave mine a touch of expo, helps a ton
Old 10-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #704
I wanna be Dave

what number did you use Losi?!?!
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #705
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
what number did you use Losi?!?!
IDK, I haven't reset my remote yet...i have been playing with the firmware so i lost all my settings.

If i remember right though it was like -50% reverse...(when in expo menu push trigger in reverse to adjust reverse expo)
Old 10-29-2011, 10:04 PM   #706
Got Worms?

If you have a programmable esc, you can also just create a really concave reverse curve.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:49 AM   #707
RCC Addict

The reverse curve is a great idea. I reset my expo also trying to increase wheel speed and it wound up making it more twitchy and I hit two gates because of it. So test it out before setttling on that.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #708
Got Worms?

Quote:
The reverse curve is a great idea. I reset my expo also trying to increase wheel speed and it wound up making it more twitchy and I hit two gates because of it. So test it out before setttling on that.
Try going the opposite direction in expo. One side will give you throttle control on the high end (convex curve), and the other will give more control on the low end (concave curve). I can't remember if its + or - that gives the concave curve feeling.

I had my losi setup with real mellow expo for forward, and a real aggressive expo when going backwards because of the 70/30. Both expo, and esc throttle curves can do this, expo is just easier to play with in the field...especially if you map expo control to one of your trim buttons, you can get it just perfect.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:15 PM   #709
RCC Addict

Here is either a setup idea or question depending on if this exist already or not. Do you think it would be possible to program one of the thumb switches to work the end points for throttle or travel limits, so you could scroll up and down say between 75 to 120% of throttle? That would be way cool.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #710
Got Worms?

Quote:
Here is either a setup idea or question depending on if this exist already or not. Do you think it would be possible to program one of the thumb switches to work the end points for throttle or travel limits, so you could scroll up and down say between 75 to 120% of throttle? That would be way cool.
Well, kinda. You can assign dual rate control to the switches. Which i believe acts like epa.

If needed though, we can probably get a epa function for the switches.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #711
RCC Addict

I personally think that would be a really cool feature. Reason being, one of the coolest functions of the dx3r was that you could put your thumb on the scroll bar on the back while driving and roll up and down on the throttle epa. This gave you much better slow crawl control. This is especially cool with the MRC. I know a few guys locally will not get rid of the dx3r for that reason and I also think they compete at national level events. Having this at a fingertip/thumb tip on this radio would be even better.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #712
Got Worms?

Quote:
I personally think that would be a really cool feature. Reason being, one of the coolest functions of the dx3r was that you could put your thumb on the scroll bar on the back while driving and roll up and down on the throttle epa. This gave you much better slow crawl control. This is especially cool with the MRC. I know a few guys locally will not get rid of the dx3r for that reason and I also think they compete at national level events. Having this at a fingertip/thumb tip on this radio would be even better.
Have you tried assigning dual rates to a switch. I'm 90% sure it simply acts as if adjusting both fwd and backward epa's same amount.

I'm rigless right now so i can't test this
Old 10-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #713
RCC Addict

I will try and test it tomorrow. I am just wrapping up halloween with the kids.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #714
Rock Stacker

Default GT3B switchs

Losi

I've got a 6 channel hacked GT3B, Is there a way to add 2 more
switches to run channels 5 and 6 on an independent switch?

Thanks
nvradtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #715
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvradtec View Post
Losi

Thanks
what are ch's 3 and 4 being ran on

No, no extra switches can be physically added, without replacing a current one
Old 11-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #716
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvradtec View Post
Losi

Thanks
you can re-map any of the buttons to operate CH5 & 6.
for example I use the CH3 trim button to control my winch on CH3
and use the CH3 Single push button mapped to CH4 to shift my trans
you can also re-map the 2 ST (steering) trim and TH (Throttle) trim buttons under the screen to any channel.
(or did you mean to add switches to replace others? )

I have a LCC trans on the way to use as a F/R disconnect transfer case and I'm converting my R-1 portals to 4WS which will use up all 6 channels on my setup

I will probably use the CH3 trim switch to select front/4ws/rear and the CH3 push button to select between 4WS/crab
D/R switch for winch
ST trim down button for shifting the trans ( akward to reach but i never need to shift on the fly)
and the throttle trim for the transfer case disconnect ( doubt i will need disconnect much )
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #717
I wanna be Dave

BTW Losikid. I haven't read the manual in a while ( and will when i get a chance)
but am I right in thinking each pair of trim buttons under the screen can be used as 4 individual buttons?

Im thinking i can set it so 4WS is selected via TH trim buttons and 4WS/crab with ST trim down leaving ST trim up for something else if needed

BTW scored another FXR for my MOA today. soon the berg will be dual ESC
Old 11-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #718
Rock Stacker

[QUOTE=losikid;3364396]what are ch's 3 and 4 being ran on

I am currently using ch 3 as my blade control and ch 4 as my lighting control on my Kyosho Blizzard DX.

I found a snow groomer attachment and winch for it that I will need to use ch's 5 and 6 for.

I'm going to replace the D/T slide switch with a momentary toggle for the blade control, for a better feel

Thanks
nvradtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #719
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
BTW Losikid. I haven't read the manual in a while ( and will when i get a chance)
but am I right in thinking each pair of trim buttons under the screen can be used as 4 individual buttons?

Im thinking i can set it so 4WS is selected via TH trim buttons and 4WS/crab with ST trim down leaving ST trim up for something else if needed

BTW scored another FXR for my MOA today. soon the berg will be dual ESC
Yes, each trim/switch can be setup to act as two individual buttons instead of a switch
Old 11-04-2011, 08:42 PM   #720
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=nvradtec;3364590]
Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
what are ch's 3 and 4 being ran on

I am currently using ch 3 as my blade control and ch 4 as my lighting control on my Kyosho Blizzard DX.

I found a snow groomer attachment and winch for it that I will need to use ch's 5 and 6 for.

I'm going to replace the D/T slide switch with a momentary toggle for the blade control, for a better feel

Thanks
You might want to try this mod on page 1 first and see how you like it.
all you need is a screw and scrap of plastic. then you can program the switch to be momentary and your done
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...ml#post3231426

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM