RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html)

Gerry 01-09-2012 10:56 AM

Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

My settings are like this:

Quote:

Dual ESC Mixing Template: (0.3.2 and 0.4.0 fw's)

Ch3 trim-Momentary 3 postion dig
D/R-Bias with 20% step rate
Turn radio on
press enter
scroll till E. Points highlighted
Press and hold enter for 1.5 seconds
E. point should now be blinking
scroll so "d" is blinking (far left)
press enter
scroll till 3 is blinking
press enter
make sure 0 is blinking, if not scroll so it is
Press and hold enter for 1 second
Scroll so REV is highlighted
Press and hold enter for 1.5 seconds
Rev should now be blinking
Scroll so 3 is blinking
press enter
Scroll so DIG is blinking
press enter
scroll to MOM
press enter
Scroll so NOR is blinking
press enter
scroll so PRV is blinking
press enter
scroll so d is blinking
press enter
scroll to DIG
press enter
scroll so RES is blinking
press enter
scroll to 20
press enter
scroll so NOR is blinking
press enter
scroll so N00 is Blinking
press enter
press and hold enter for 1.5 seconds
press end

Plug front into CH2
Plug rear into CH3

Plug your battery in, and calibrate your esc's
Iīll upload an youtube vid in a few hours...

Best regards,
Gerry

Gerry 01-09-2012 11:45 AM

Here it is :)

GT3B dig problem - YouTube

Now you can see - if i push the dig button the wheels from one axle spin - almost with the same speed...

When i push the dig button i can see on the display this:

d 100% or d -100%
and when i donīt touch the button d 0%

I think thats ok - i donīt understand this :oops:

Help :ror:

Greets,
Gerry

losikid 01-09-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerry (Post 3494608)
Here it is :)

GT3B dig problem - YouTube

Now you can see - if i push the dig button the wheels from one axle spin - almost with the same speed...

When i push the dig button i can see on the display this:

d 100% or d -100%
and when i donīt touch the button d 0%

I think thats ok - i donīt understand this :oops:

Help :ror:

Greets,
Gerry

Make sure ch 2 and 3 trim and/or subtrim is set at zero. Make sure the radio is calibrated, then calibrate the esc's.

losikid 01-09-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudeatter (Post 3494357)
I thought I had fresh batterys in there, I'll check again. Whats the minimum volts before it sets the low power alarm off?

The computer is powering the radio not your batteries. The stock firmware beeps when powered through the programmer. You are fine, your doing it correctly.

Gerry 01-10-2012 01:01 PM

calibrating the radio! Thats it! Thanks man, now it works great!

With best regards from austria,
Gerry

Hydro-Tank 01-10-2012 06:31 PM

I got a gt3b today, and it says I can play a virtual track...how do I do that??!

Charlie-III 01-10-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyrccrawler (Post 3497807)
I got a gt3b today, and it says I can play a virtual track...how do I do that??!

Stock radio, or hacked??

hawnmt 01-13-2012 02:42 AM

Is there a way to map CH3 button to turn 4WS on and off? And would it be possible to have the CH3 button be a mommentary button for it? What I mean is can it be setup where it's just normally 2WS steering but if I press the button down then it's 4WS mix so long as I hold the button down?

cartronicshn 01-13-2012 10:00 AM

well aparently something got messed up while I tried the programming board to work, now all my channel 1 are throttle and ch 2 are steering? even on other previously binded and programmed rx I have for this radio, I will have to a reset on the radio but can't find the damn manual:oops:

Charlie-III 01-13-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartronicshn (Post 3503464)
well aparently something got messed up while I tried the programming board to work, now all my channel 1 are throttle and ch 2 are steering? even on other previously binded and programmed rx I have for this radio, I will have to a reset on the radio but can't find the damn manual:oops:

Manual here.... Products - OverkillRC

cartronicshn 01-13-2012 11:08 AM

thanks charlie, I am past that, I am trying to reset my radio to stock settings, the manual doesn't say anything about it, the radio can now drive an rx in any of the programmed memories and the channels are now reversed :shock:

spoo76 01-13-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartronicshn (Post 3503572)
thanks charlie, I am past that, I am trying to reset my radio to stock settings, the manual doesn't say anything about it, the radio can now drive an rx in any of the programmed memories and the channels are now reversed :shock:

Near the bottom of the manual under Global settings
easy to find on the radio
Quote:

Global setup menu: ================== - enter it by ENTER-long - now menu items MODEL and NAME will start blinking - select requested item by ROTATE and press ENTER - use ROTATE to change value and press ENTER to end value changing - press BACK-long or ENTER-long to end global setup menu, values will be saved to EEPROM - selected menu items are indicated by following symbols: F firmware version (this of course cannot be changed :-) L backlight time 5s,10s...10m...MAX A inactivity alarm OFF,1m...10m LOW POWER! battery low voltage 7.5...10.5V E.POINT maximum allowed endpoint value 100...150% DANGER - values greater than 120% can damage your servo or will not be possible to transmit to receiver because of 2.4GHz HF module limitation This danger zone will be indicated with a flashing "d" symbol for values greater than 120% 1 dead zone for steering 0...50 2 dead zone for throttle 0...50 b key beep OFF/ON d long press key delay 100...1000 miliseconds r + ALL global reset - change to YES to set global configuration and all models to default values r + MOD all models reset - change to YES to set all models to default values

squatch71 01-13-2012 12:27 PM

Wonder if reflashing it would put it back as well...

Krawler Konceptz 01-13-2012 12:32 PM

LosiKid...We have been approached to make a radio skin template for this radio... do you think there would be a demand for these skins? Say 15 at least?
Your info would be appreciated.

redrokin00XJ 01-13-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz (Post 3503724)
LosiKid...We have been approached to make a radio skin template for this radio... do you think there would be a demand for these skins? Say 15 at least?

I will take one

foratm 01-13-2012 04:38 PM

I should take a skin

Krawler Konceptz 01-13-2012 04:44 PM

You guys would be willing to pay $45 for a kustom radio skin.... I do know this is only a $30 radio.... but a skin is a skin...

losikid 01-13-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz (Post 3503724)

Yes there is demand for at least 15. (although not an instant sell out)...most of it though is with the racers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz (Post 3504149)
You guys would be willing to pay $45 for a kustom radio skin.... I do know this is only a $30 radio.... but a skin is a skin...

Thats why i never really went farther with skins, because were talking alot of $ vs radio cost. So i'm trying to focus my resources on other new upgrades.

redrokin00XJ 01-13-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz (Post 3504149)

Mine was 107 after Losikid dumped all the goodies into it..... And YES I would pay 45 for a skin.

losikid 01-13-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartronicshn (Post 3503464)

Try flashing abunch of 0's (don't load any firmware) Then flash 0.4.1 again. See if that fix's it. Your issues are strange.

You may also want to make sure that the the trigger and st wheel are plugged into the right spot.