Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #1381
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFerreira;

the speaker i'm talking about is the one in the transmitter! the one that beeps when you press the keys, or when the power is low or the inactivity alarm.....
Lucky. I hate that speaker almost to the point of ripping open the radio and killing the speaker.

BTW. Anyone in the central Oregon/Klamath falls area that has the hardware to flash the GT3B?
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #1382
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
[I vote #2....]

its like a proto/first run unit. None of the large chinese distributors even have a confirmed ship date from the factory yet...

Expect a full on review/mass picture/tear down thread next tuesday or wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
Lucky. I hate that speaker almost to the point of ripping open the radio and killing the speaker.
\
Whats wrong with it?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #1383
Got Worms?

Once i know the gt3c has the same guts as the gt3b i'll start working on stuff i've been putting off....the top things on my list of todo's is

-Aluminum, hi profile, replacement switches (all ready in the works)
-Expansion board (More switches, more model memory)
-PC interface
Old 03-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #1384
Got Worms?

Just trying to get a feel for what demand is, who's interested in higher profile thumb switches? I plan on having 100 (50 pairs) machined out of aluminum here in the next couple of weeks. Estimated retail price is $10-15 per pair. I tired to go laser cut delrin which would have been alot cheaper, but its not going to happen.

It raises the switch up about .05" (between 1mm and 1/16"). If you use the switch alot, like on a moa, its is very helpful and makes momentary alot more predictable if you have issues keeping it held in position.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #1385
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post

Expect a full on review/mass picture/tear down thread next tuesday or wednesday.
Subscribed......
Sydwall85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #1386
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Just trying to get a feel for what demand is, who's interested in higher profile thumb switches? I plan on having 100 (50 pairs) machined out of aluminum here in the next couple of weeks. Estimated retail price is $10-15 per pair. I tired to go laser cut delrin which would have been alot cheaper, but its not going to happen.

It raises the switch up about .05" (between 1mm and 1/16"). If you use the switch alot, like on a moa, its is very helpful and makes momentary alot more predictable if you have issues keeping it held in position.

Resubscribed....... Count me in for a set, oh wait 2 radios = 2 sets! Can I paypal now? Ship when ready? Can I.. can I???
Old 03-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #1387
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwall85 View Post
Can I paypal now? Ship when ready? Can I.. can I???
I don't even have a final price yet, just a guesstimate. here in acouple weeks i'll have pre-order stuff up once i know final cost and eta on the ship date. I'm currently in a huge hole with the phoniex chassis, so i need to recoop from that before spending more money.

Right now, just looking for interest to see if i should do a 100 or 200 piece batch
Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #1388
Pebble Pounder

Just a shot in the dark, 200 sets. I know we don't all use MOA dig, but we do represent! There must be other that think the stock buttons (sliders) suck! Just sayin'.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #1389
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

I would be interested in a set.

Pete.
Pete Attryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #1390
Pebble Pounder

Question on using this radio for rear steer. I see mentions of mixing to get four wheel steer with only the steering channel, but is there a way to control rear steer on its own? It there actually a three position switch on the radio that could be used to control the rear steering?
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #1391
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485 View Post
Question on using this radio for rear steer. I see mentions of mixing to get four wheel steer with only the steering channel, but is there a way to control rear steer on its own? It there actually a three position switch on the radio that could be used to control the rear steering?
Yea, just assign a switch to control a channel instead of the 4ws mix
Old 03-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #1392
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Yea, just assign a switch to control a channel instead of the 4ws mix
So the two buttons on the grip are three position switches?

Could I assign a switch to the rear steer channel, and also assign a button to activate mixed steering?

And while you're here, what's the current lead time on a pre-hacked model?

Thanks!
rmb2485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #1393
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485 View Post
So the two buttons on the grip are three position switches?

Could I assign a switch to the rear steer channel, and also assign a button to activate mixed steering?

And while you're here, what's the current lead time on a pre-hacked model?

Thanks!
Yea the two on the grip, and the st/th trim buttons on top can act as a 3 position...you can also set up a true position feature (2-8 positions in any order you want) which can be cycled by the 3 positions or with a single button

1-2 weeks for a pre-hacked

No, a switch can't be used to activate/deactivate a mix
Old 03-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #1394
RCC Addict

What is the range of the FS GT3B? Like the longest range of your truck to your gt3b?
Hydro-Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #1395
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrccrawler View Post
What is the range of the FS GT3B? Like the longest range of your truck to your gt3b?
As long as your eye can see it then you can control it
Old 03-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #1396
Rock Crawler

I'm done for 1-2 sets. I'll be keeping an eye out for the pre-sale.

Quote:

rhett314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:49 AM   #1397

Hey

i have two questions,

1. in my Moa i have the problem that the Dig does not switches clean between front / rear Dig

With my DX3E with your Hack there is no problems

I run Dual micro Sidewinders in it.

2. Is it possible to set Rear steer on a button to move it on 10% steps?
kreison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:02 AM   #1398

Quote:

put me down for 2 sets if you post to Queensland Australia thanks
tgraceing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #1399
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

I'd probably be in for 2 sets.
John-e Bravada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #1400

Losikid,

I am very happy with the hack, I finally got my radio working thanks to the outstanding support in this thread. The replacement switch looks nice and will definately make the 3 way switches easier to use. After I got done with the hack on my radio, I decided to take a defective pan car wheel I had to change the wheel. I machined several sets of pan car wheels and had one that was defective. I narrowed it up then machined an adapter to mount the wheel to the radio. The wheel is about 1/4 larger in diameter compared to the stock radio. Works great with the other mods. Great work so far with everything and i look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Bigjeepzz is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM