Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #1721
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
If I understand correctly MOM will only move 'fwd' when I press and hold the slider. Once I let go will it stay at that position or will it return to center?

Is this where NOL is different? I can press and once I let go it will remain at that position and not 're-center'?

Based on what i've searched this is what I've come up with/found

If I want to use the Channel 3 trim 'slider'

Long Enter REV
Scroll to 3 (for the trim slider)
Enter
Scroll to CH3
Enter
Scroll to NOR
Enter
Off
Enter
Done?
MOM, when you let off it returns to center, NOL and others stay at that position when let off

Your stings arn't quite right (if you want me to, just tell me what you want and i'll type up the settings...but its better to figure it out yourself as you will understand it better)

The best way todo this is to look at the manual and follow along while you program.

So you go into the long click REV menu (key mapping menu)

You'll see that REV is blinking and a single digit is blinking on the left. This digit is the switch you need to select. 1,2,3 is trim switches. d is the d/r switch, c is the ch3 button, e is the end button...So choose your switch.

Now choose the function(thing you want to control). Pretty much any setting can be assigned to a switch. In your case you want channel 3, so you'll choose CH3

After pressing enter you see the % sign light up, this is to select the "buttons"(how they act), there is a list in the menu. After pressing enter you see just a V and no percent. So looking at the manual, you see that it skipped the step rate (V % signal) step and you're on the reverse step (reverse the switch)

I know all the acronyms and menu sequence by heart as i write steps out everyday, but the manual is a great resource when navigating the menu's.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #1722

Thanks I 'think' I have it. I have everything working the way I want it. Now to mess around with it more to get more experience.

Thanks again for the help !!!!
brian6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #1723

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredZ View Post
Does anyone know how to flash this firmware from a linux machine? The ST Visual application installs and runs under wine, but no coms to the board.

I have to go to a friends place every time I want to upload any firmware to my radio and it is a real pain.

Regards

Fred
Hi All

For those interested I have managed to resolve this.

I install Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.1 and installed Windowz XP inside it as a VM. I had some initial issues getting USB to work, but reading the documentation does wonders.

Now I can enjoy the fruits of losikids labours from the comfort of my Debian machine.

Thanks heaps losikid for your fantastic work.

Regards

Fred
FredZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #1724
RCC Addict

Thanks for the help. A little time,reading and tinkering helped me figure programming out. Got channel 3 set up with both a momentary and a rpt setting on different buttons.

Now to finish my servo winch. Is there a way to make the step range go past 100/-100? Or is that the limit? Just asking because when I use a non-converted servo its 100% is the 45* or whatever range it is from center. If I'm making this into a servo winch it needs to go as long as I hold the button.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Shinjari; 07-04-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #1725
I wanna be Dave

If you convert the servo to do 360* it will turn at 1% all the way to 100% it will just turn faster the higher the step % it will only stop when you go back to 0%. It will not only go to 45* or whatever it would do unmodified since the potentiometer isn't turning like it would when used as a normal servo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #1726
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoj View Post
If you convert the servo to do 360* it will turn at 1% all the way to 100% it will just turn faster the higher the step % it will only stop when you go back to 0%. It will not only go to 45* or whatever it would do unmodified since the potentiometer isn't turning like it would when used as a normal servo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah after modifying it I understand. Works great! Awesome mod! Thanks for the help =)
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #1727
Got Worms?

Here's the firmware archive link

Index of /GT3B/GT3B-Firmware

to get to other gt3b related files go to here

Index of /GT3B

This bypasses the website...
Old 07-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #1728
Got Worms?

Anyone who has ordered a hack kit from me...did you just get a new email with new downloadable content (0.6.1 fw)? I think when i update the files to a product its supposed to email all previous orders with that product.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #1729
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Anyone who has ordered a hack kit from me...did you just get a new email with new downloadable content (0.6.1 fw)? I think when i update the files to a product its supposed to email all previous orders with that product.
Nope. Checked in my spam folder too.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #1730

I did not as well.
brian6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #1731
Quarry Creeper

WOW! I can't belive I read this thread from #1 to here. I think it's time for a beer.
Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #1732
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundy View Post
WOW! I can't belive I read this thread from #1 to here. I think it's time for a beer.
wow is right...
Old 07-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #1733
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how long did that take?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #1734
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well now everyone knows you are the guy to ask.
haha
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #1735
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
Out of curiosity, how long did that take?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Reading off and on - It took 3 days to read it all.

And may I say, that you "losikid" have the patience of a saint.
Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #1736

Hello.
I'm planning to order a GT3B-Pre Hacked with 8ch firmware, and would like to know two things (sorry if my question has already been answered):

-Can I program the transmitter including trims, epas ... from my computer, or can I just program switches and their functions?

-Is it possible to add additional switches to the transmitter, without having to modify the firmware?

Thanks in advance.
GreeceRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #1737
RCC Addict

I have a 4 wheel steering question I'm wondering about. Right now I run the 3 channel firmware but wanted to go with the 6 channel firmware and try the following:

Put a servo on channel 1 and 3. ESC on channel 2 (like regular).

Channel 1 - front steering
Channel 3 - rear steering

In one mode I'd like the rear to have a dual rate and expo different than the front. So, the rear could have 75% expo and the front 0%. This would give you very little rear steer in normal cases, but when you cranked the wheel all the way, you'd get full rear steering.

Can we do this with the programming? I'd do this in my Wraith, then regular dual ESC in my XR10 (with the same radio, different model in the radio)
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #1738
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeceRC View Post
Hello.
I'm planning to order a GT3B-Pre Hacked with 8ch firmware, and would like to know two things (sorry if my question has already been answered):

-Can I program the transmitter including trims, epas ... from my computer, or can I just program switches and their functions?

-Is it possible to add additional switches to the transmitter, without having to modify the firmware?

Thanks in advance.
The computer only flashes a new firmware, it does no radio programming.

All the settings are programmed on the radio

And no, you can't add additional switches

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
I have a 4 wheel steering question I'm wondering about. Right now I run the 3 channel firmware but wanted to go with the 6 channel firmware and try the following:

Put a servo on channel 1 and 3. ESC on channel 2 (like regular).

Channel 1 - front steering
Channel 3 - rear steering

In one mode I'd like the rear to have a dual rate and expo different than the front. So, the rear could have 75% expo and the front 0%. This would give you very little rear steer in normal cases, but when you cranked the wheel all the way, you'd get full rear steering.

Can we do this with the programming? I'd do this in my Wraith, then regular dual ESC in my XR10 (with the same radio, different model in the radio)
You don't need 6ch for that...

But yea it should work, you can also assign expo to a switch so you can adjust it on the fly
Old 07-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #1739
RCC Addict

At first I was thinking I was going to need 2 escs but was thinking about an XR10 with dual steering. I'll have to find the instructions again and see what the settings would be.

3 channels will work because you're not allowed rear steer on XR ad wraith only needs one ESC.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #1740
Pebble Pounder

Hey Losikid, I have your gt3c with all the goodies. I am trying to run a Savox SB-2270SG and I think I mibe having issues do to resolution. I know that you had this same problem with your gt3b and this servo. I would have just asked there but that thread has been dead for awhile and I kinda figured you check this thread regularly, did you ever find a solution. or what the problem actually was?
Crawlster is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM