Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #161
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
And for the record to those saying how helpful losikid is as a vendor he has been quite helpful in the past even b4 he was a vendor. Back when he started doing TX pistol grip conversions for himself
X2 he has always emailed me right back even with answers to stupid questions,I recieved my kit a few days ago,welldone Austin it is very clean. But I'm gonna be emailing you again man, when I go to do this thing. I'm sure its been answered before,hell I'm sure I've read it before,but, I'm setting this up for my class 3 rig and I'm sure ill need your help programming it I need 1 ch for 3pos. Dig,1ch for rear steer, and 2ch to operate winches.
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #162
Got Worms?

Quote:
And for the record to those saying how helpful losikid is as a vendor he has been quite helpful in the past even b4 he was a vendor. Back when he started doing TX pistol grip conversions for himself
I probably still would be building my own creations. but badger basically forced me into buying a blue star...so now I'm too busy doing projects for you guys I haven't touched my mega radio project for months.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:18 AM   #163
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post
X2 he has always emailed me right back even with answers to stupid questions,I recieved my kit a few days ago,welldone Austin it is very clean. But I'm gonna be emailing you again man, when I go to do this thing. I'm sure its been answered before,hell I'm sure I've read it before,but, I'm setting this up for my class 3 rig and I'm sure ill need your help programming it I need 1 ch for 3pos. Dig,1ch for rear steer, and 2ch to operate winches.
Piece of cake Lmk when you need help
Old 07-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #164
Rock Crawler

Okay, I found that if you go to the trim menu and long press enter and set your trim in this menu it will save after you shut the radio off.

But using the trim switches and the normal trim menu still wont save.
rhett314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #165
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett314 View Post
Okay, I found that if you go to the trim menu and long press enter and set your trim in this menu it will save after you shut the radio off.

But using the trim switches and the normal trim menu still wont save.

That should be the sub trim menu, I figured that would probably work but havent had a chance to check it. Does it give you enough range of motion with the sub trims to get everything set where you want it? Thanks.
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #166
Rock Crawler

It gives the same amount as the normal trim. 99 steps, and moves just as much as the normal trim.
rhett314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It came right off the v2 board cleanly. All the wire is in the plastic antenna.
Yea i use taptalk on my phone.its great but not perfect
Did the pad come off the board with the wire...is it through hole or just a surface pad?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Did the pad come off the board with the wire...is it through hole or just a surface pad?
the whole wire came off the TX board with the antenna. i assume the tiny hole is where it was from but i cant be sure untill i find a pic or open up my other T6A V2
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #169
I wanna be Dave

So Im done with cracked copies of windows7, got tired of them eventually expiring unlike the easy to crack XP

luckily today I accidentally scored a legit copy of ultimate for $40
its a bit late to start all that now. but Im willing to bet with fresh windows and the patch I'll be up and flashing haha
Old 07-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #170
Got Worms?

Quote:
So Im done with cracked copies of windows7, got tired of them eventually expiring unlike the easy to crack XP

luckily today I accidentally scored a legit copy of ultimate for $40
its a bit late to start all that now. but Im willing to bet with fresh windows and the patch I'll be up and flashing haha
Lets us know how it goes
Old 07-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #171
Rock Crawler

Finally got my XR10 built and running so I can test the GT3B. LOVE it! I'm running a 3 ch punk dig switch and it works perfect, I have it set where the ch 3 trim button switches from front dig/ 4wd/ rear dig and holds the setting. And I have the D/R switch set to momentary front dig/4wd/rear dig, that way I have momentary and hold for my dig. Thanks again losikid for offering the kit and support, and thanks to the genius that wrote the program!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #172
Got Worms?

Quote:
the whole wire came off the TX board with the antenna. i assume the tiny hole is where it was from but i cant be sure untill i find a pic or open up my other T6A V2
Well, yes it can be soldered back on, i've done it afew times...what you need to do, is get the outer webbing showing, then unravel it from around the middle wire and twist it togther and pre-tin. Now strip like 1 mm off the end of the middle wire....the middle wire goes to the middle pad, you should see it goe onto a very narrow track...now solder the mesh onto the other pad that has solder on it.

If all else fails it only cost like $30 for another radio...and just cut and solder the big wires
Old 07-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #173
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent View Post
Finally got my XR10 built and running so I can test the GT3B. LOVE it! I'm running a 3 ch punk dig switch and it works perfect, I have it set where the ch 3 trim button switches from front dig/ 4wd/ rear dig and holds the setting. And I have the D/R switch set to momentary front dig/4wd/rear dig, that way I have momentary and hold for my dig. Thanks again losikid for offering the kit and support, and thanks to the genius that wrote the program!
Sure...do you have mom set to previous setting? or return to center?
Old 07-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #174
Got Worms?

So i finally decided to sit down and try to rewrite the manual...its kinda hard because the manual really does explain it well.

So i think i'll make it a more "rich" layout. which will make it easier. But really i think i'll focus more on a key mapping tutorial...as it seems this is where people have the biggest issues.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:21 PM   #175
Got Worms?

alright i have v2.0 rough draft install instructions, which includes setting up stvp...i'll post it up tomorrow. I plan on adding a trouble shooting, it needs to be revised, edited, possibly resources page.

I also have the first page of the keep mapping section of the overkill manual, i'll try and have it finished and up tomorrow...i plan on rewriting the whole manual in this format. It won't be much different than the current manual so it easy for me to update, however it will explain each step better, and better descriptions of its function. Then i'll work on basic setups, two 3 pos setups, two dual esc setups, 1 4ws setup, 1 multi position setup...this way newbs can follow this step by step and get a basic control/setup

I probably won't have stuff up till late, as i have lots planned tomorrow...these are not on the priority list, but on top of my todo, i let them cut in to the front of the line
Old 07-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #176
Got Worms?

The trim not saving is a bug. its because of trim mapping.

To bypass this if you set trim 1 and 2 to off via key mapping menu it will save your values after power off.

This problem will be fixed here soon
Old 07-12-2011, 08:40 PM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Arg. just did a format and fresh install of windows7 ultimate 32 and now When i click program tab i get a runtime C++ error

This is before and after I patched the software
Old 07-12-2011, 08:46 PM   #178
Rock Crawler

Dang brother, cant catch a break huh? I wish I could help, but I am no computer guru. Good luck with it, once you get it figured out its worth it.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #179
Got Worms?

Have you tried virtual xp
Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #180
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Have you tried virtual xp

No ive been using compatibility mode. are they any different?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM