Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #241
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwaneO View Post
Got some batteries for my Tx this evening...about 15 min later I was done with the Hack N Flash ,and ready to start the setup.
Kick Ass product

Will try mapping all the buttons tomorrow when I get a few servos hooked to the RX.

Thanks
This reminds me, i need to finish up the key mapping guide.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #242
Oliver Custom Knives

Thats exactly what I came here looking for.
I can only get 3 chanels to work a servo. I need to set up a 3 pos for my winch BEFORE this weekend.
Does this radio normally come with a book , mine didn't........guess it wouldnt tell you how to get 6 chanels outa it anyway.
DwaneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:50 PM   #243
Got Worms?

Quote:
Thats exactly what I came here looking for.
I can only get 3 chanels to work a servo. I need to set up a 3 pos for my winch BEFORE this weekend.
Does this radio normally come with a book , mine didn't........guess it wouldnt tell you how to get 6 chanels outa it anyway.
Did you flash the 6ch firmware...if so

Long click Rev
Scroll to 3 or d (1,2 is for the trims by the screen)
enter
scroll to chx (3,4,5,6)
enter,
etc

heres the manual, go to the ch mapping section

http://www.overkillrc.com/MANUAL-0.3.2.txt
Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #244
Oliver Custom Knives

Thanks , I'll go give it a shot right now.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #245
Got Worms?

Almost done with it, i'll have my key mapping guide up tomorrow, but its basically just a re written one of whats already available, i just use bold, bulleted lists, and explain it just a touch better

But it spaces it all out, and the stuff that needs to catch the eye, it does...and it doesn't look so scary

I could have completely re written it, but then it be alot harder and time consuming to update with the firmware
Old 07-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #246
Oliver Custom Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Almost done with it, i'll have my key mapping guide up tomorrow

Paitently waiting.................
Old 07-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #247
Got Worms?

Quote:
Paitently waiting.................
I probably won't have it posted till late tonight, when i have peace and quite to actually sit down and type...have you tried using the manual that comes with the firmware,
Old 07-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #248
Got Worms?

I'm working on carrying 8ch rx's...how many people are interested?
Old 07-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #249
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I'm working on carrying 8ch rx's...how many people are interested?
I would pick one or 2 up for a rainy day project if you decide to carry them. Otherwise 6ch is enough for most everything I can think of
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #250
Got Worms?

Alright, so i'm looking into a different 4 pin extension that i'm not making...because as it sits now i've been wanting to raise the price due to the time and money that goes into making 4 pin extensions. So i have found one that should work great (i have afew coming in to test, but the way it's setup, i can't give instructions based on the arrow on the plug...because they don't flip them like i do

But i'm looking into getting some made to my specs...so we'll see how this goes in the future.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #251
Got Worms?

Here's what i have for the night, its only for trim keys, i haven't got around to individual buttons.

http://www.overkillrc.com/Key%20Mapp...ims%20only.pdf

lmk how it compares to one the firmware comes with
Old 07-21-2011, 09:03 PM   #252
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Alright, so i'm looking into a different 4 pin extension that i'm not making...because as it sits now i've been wanting to raise the price due to the time and money that goes into making 4 pin extensions. So i have found one that should work great (i have afew coming in to test, but the way it's setup, i can't give instructions based on the arrow on the plug...because they don't flip them like i do

But i'm looking into getting some made to my specs...so we'll see how this goes in the future.
Could always grab a bright colored paint marker and dab a little dot on the "button side" might be cheaper than having custom cables made yet still easier than making them yourself.

Thanks for the manual update. checking it out now!
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #253
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
Could always grab a bright colored paint marker and dab a little dot on the "button side" might be cheaper than having custom cables made yet still easier than making them yourself.

Thanks for the manual update. checking it out now!
I just planned on using the wire color...it will be a ribbon cable, not twisted, so if you was to flip the plug so the same color wire was on the arrow (triangle) it put a twist in the cable
Old 07-21-2011, 09:12 PM   #254
Got Worms?

Here is the cable i'm considering...and its about 50 cents cheaper than all the parts to make my own

If bought bulk, otherwise kinda pricy
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2011, 11:45 PM   #255
Quarry Creeper

Radio ordered
Bergm@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 PM   #256
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbid89 View Post
This is the cord I used to use my older airtronics radio as a joystick for simulators.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-RC-Simulator...item2c5df706b1

Did your GT3B not come with a USB adapter in the box? Both the ones I bought from hobbypartz did.
Nope..... bought mine in china over a year ago. Way before Eurgle and Hobby king started re branding them. Funny thing is you go to pick one up and you get it without the box, just the styrofoam. Got the lame CD, Rx and Tx. Its china what do you expect??? Hell they got knock off apple stores every 3 blocks. Wasnt really concerned about the charging plug or the DSC then. Thanks for the link tho but is it the JR mini 3.5 or the GWS mini 3.5??? Anyone got a good pic of the plug that goes to the Tx??

Last edited by JokersWild; 07-21-2011 at 11:56 PM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #257
RCC Addict

Quote:
Here is the cable i'm considering...and its about 50 cents cheaper than all the parts to make my own

If bought bulk, otherwise kinda pricy

Just a thought Austin.... why not change gears on it and just go with that plug on one side and nothing on the other. Requiring the ends to be tinned and burned into the board. Then the cable would be ran down through the handle and into the battery compartment?

I know that doing this would be a little bit more difficult to solder, so change that up to push wires in through the bottom and soldering on the top? This was just a thought since Ive heard of a couple people ending up with poor solders and not aligning pins correctly through hole and thinking the issue is with the program and not the actual connection to the radio.

Also I used a drop of thick CA to hold down the 90 deg pins. Seemed to work really well.... really fast and dosent move when heated up.

Just tryin to think of ways to help you better yourself on all of this. Thanks again for all the help and support !!!
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #258
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Nope..... bought mine in china over a year ago. Way before Eurgle and Hobby king started re branding them. Funny thing is you go to pick one up and you get it without the box, just the styrofoam. Got the lame CD, Rx and Tx. Its china what do you expect??? Hell they got knock off apple stores every 3 blocks. Wasnt really concerned about the charging plug or the DSC then. Thanks for the link tho but is it the JR mini 3.5 or the GWS mini 3.5??? Anyone got a good pic of the plug that goes to the Tx??
Here you go this should work

http://www.nitrorcx.com/fs-gt2-computer-cable.html
Old 07-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #259
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Just a thought Austin.... why not change gears on it and just go with that plug on one side and nothing on the other. Requiring the ends to be tinned and burned into the board. Then the cable would be ran down through the handle and into the battery compartment?

I know that doing this would be a little bit more difficult to solder, so change that up to push wires in through the bottom and soldering on the top? This was just a thought since Ive heard of a couple people ending up with poor solders and not aligning pins correctly through hole and thinking the issue is with the program and not the actual connection to the radio.

Also I used a drop of thick CA to hold down the 90 deg pins. Seemed to work really well.... really fast and dosent move when heated up.

Just tryin to think of ways to help you better yourself on all of this. Thanks again for all the help and support !!!
I like my current setup now...routing a cable down through the handle and out the battery box is a huge pita compared to what you have to do now.

And the problem wasn't with soldering...he just wan't putting the plug on the right pins

Ah CA glue could work too...but i'm not sure if it is the smartest idea, if you ever have to remove it, and it may have something in it that eats away at the circuit board.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #260
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
.....Ah CA glue could work too...but i'm not sure if it is the smartest idea, if you ever have to remove it, and it may have something in it that eats away at the circuit board.
Heat will eventually harden and crumble CA glue.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM