Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #301
Rock Crawler

Can we have a count down timer added in the next firmware?
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #302
Pebble Pounder

Yes, I programmed the esc before flashed, recalibration.
Guess I better Just swap the wires and make things simple!

kc092755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #303
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc092755 View Post
Yes, I programmed the esc before flashed, recalibration.
Guess I better Just swap the wires and make things simple!

This just a personal preference thing but I like to have reverse throttle at 100%. That way you can rock it back and forth to right it when it flips. Also i had a small dead spot with my castles around neutral. I kicked the deadband down on them to 1 setting past stock and it really felt way better
Old 08-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #304
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reden View Post
Seems this TX is also sold under the E-Fly Hobby name too.

http://www.efly-hobby.com/

http://www.efly-hobby.com/en/productlist.asp?id=877

I wonder if these mods would work on the EX3S transmitter too?
They should work

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Can we have a count down timer added in the next firmware?
Its on the table, just working on how to implement it with the radio's limited screen
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #305
Got Worms?

Quote:
Page 5 of your preorder thread post # 84. Might wanna link the binding procedure for extra receivers also to the first page. You covered that in this thread on page 10 post 192. You have info all over the place lol
I do have info all over, eventually i'll get it to page 1, then after that convert it all into the Overkill GT3B Manual. As soon as i have some time away from rcc, wantamix's, and daily life, i'll sit down and type this thing up. It must be hell for the people who have to write those 100+ page manuals...But i plan to have alot more easier to understand menu than the one supplied, tagged with abunch of tutorials/templates...although noobs will probably use it afew times then the short simple one supplied will make sense, and easier to use.

I'll add those posts you mentioned to page 1 here shortly, if anyone wants to dig up my tech i'll add it as well.

Edit: I'm going to be copying over posts from the pre-order thread, because i plan to delete it here soon, just so ya'll know why random post will be popping up
Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 PM   #306
Got Worms?

BIND procedure FOR 3CH RX

With your radio turned off
  • Plug the bind plug into the BIND/CH3 port
  • Power the rx through any of the other Ports (with esc, bec, 4 AA rx pack, etc)
  • Click and hold the BND button on your radio
  • Turn the radio on
  • The red LED in the rx should go solid
  • Let off bnd button, pull out the bind plug
  • pull power to rx and shut off tx, turn both on make sure you get a solid red led

Last edited by losikid; 08-02-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #307
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
...But i plan to have alot more easier to understand menu than the one supplied, tagged with abunch of tutorials/templates...although noobs will probably use it afew times then the short simple one supplied will make sense, and easier to use...
Thanx for your effort, I'm eagerly waiting for this.

By the way, besides the verified success message, is there a simple way that I can check with my GT3B to make sure I flashed to the latest firmware properly?
Thanx!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #308
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc092755 View Post
Thanx for your effort, I'm eagerly waiting for this.

By the way, besides the verified success message, is there a simple way that I can check with my GT3B to make sure I flashed to the latest firmware properly?
Thanx!
After power on, or out of the normal menu.

Long press enter
and the firmware version should show, with "F" beign displayed on the left.

If F isn't displayed the rotate enter till it is
Old 08-03-2011, 03:55 AM   #309
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
After power on, or out of the normal menu.

Long press enter
and the firmware version should show, with "F" beign displayed on the left.

If F isn't displayed the rotate enter till it is
Got it, thanx!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #310
RCC Addict

I just ran across this thread by accident in some ways but I am liking this big time.

I do have a general questions about the GT3B and then the hack. I am probably going to purchase one of these so my son who is really young can run a mrc on it (well and me too when I go to comps), and also so he can run a 2wd slash. That being said one of the settings I wish I could get in a cheap radio is being able to set the steering percentages for each side seperately, meaning left and right. I can do this on my dx3r and also on my 4pl. Am I right in understanding that the stock GT3b will not do this, but that the firmware update will?

Thanks.

RickM
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #311
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
I just ran across this thread by accident in some ways but I am liking this big time.

I do have a general questions about the GT3B and then the hack. I am probably going to purchase one of these so my son who is really young can run a mrc on it (well and me too when I go to comps), and also so he can run a 2wd slash. That being said one of the settings I wish I could get in a cheap radio is being able to set the steering percentages for each side seperately, meaning left and right. I can do this on my dx3r and also on my 4pl. Am I right in understanding that the stock GT3b will not do this, but that the firmware update will?

Thanks.

RickM
expo or epa adjustment?
Old 08-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #312
Quarry Creeper

Just saw the GT3B is available local.

http://www.customrc.co.za/transmitte...y_sky_fs_gt3b_

I'm very temted here.
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #313
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reden View Post
Just saw the GT3B is available local.

http://www.customrc.co.za/transmitte...y_sky_fs_gt3b_

I'm very temted here.
Thats like $120 USD (according to google)...i can ship you one (i think) EMS for that that is pre-hacked and comes with the hack kit to update it in the future.

Unless you prefer to buy locally, just figured i'd let you know.

Also, for those who've looked before, i revamped my shipping calculator so now international orders can be made on the gt3b, EMS only though...i've also added Express mail for domestic shipment as well.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #314
Rock Crawler

So the demons are still haunting me that I pmed you on. One more question. On the endpoints for channel 3 should I be able to adjust the forward and back like you can for ch2? My ch 3 epoint will only let me increase one side?
Old 08-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #315
RCC Addict

Losikid-

I am not exactly sure if I am concerning myself with Epa's or Expo's to be honest. I think this is my issue. I know I can set up my right and left steering separately on my 4pl using a percentage from something like 1-120% depending on if I want to dial up (turning tighter) or dial down (wider turning radius). I would prefer to be able to do this with the GT3B as well, and I am getting the feeling that with the stock setup it something like a 1-100% for BOTH right and left, not separate. I think I understand that with the hack allows for a setup to be separate for right and left. Does that sound right?
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #316
Got Worms?

Quote:
So the demons are still haunting me that I pmed you on. One more question. On the endpoints for channel 3 should I be able to adjust the forward and back like you can for ch2? My ch 3 epoint will only let me increase one side?
did you try the things i suggjested

Also on epa, i believe you can, but you have to adjust c3 so its on the side you want to adjust
Old 08-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #317
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Losikid-

I am not exactly sure if I am concerning myself with Epa's or Expo's to be honest. I think this is my issue. I know I can set up my right and left steering separately on my 4pl using a percentage from something like 1-120% depending on if I want to dial up (turning tighter) or dial down (wider turning radius). I would prefer to be able to do this with the GT3B as well, and I am getting the feeling that with the stock setup it something like a 1-100% for BOTH right and left, not separate. I think I understand that with the hack allows for a setup to be separate for right and left. Does that sound right?
Yes it allows it to be separate, i'm pretty sure.

And it's default setup in the new firmware is to allow 1-120% however it can be adjusted so 1-200% can be allowed. But anything past 120 may be very harmful to a servo.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #318
Got Worms?

Next batch of hack kits i'll have some new high efficiency voltage regulators. It'll increase your pack time by nearly 50%

Right now, with backlight off, the current drain is ~110ma with the new VR its going to be ~60ma

Right now with backlight on, the current drain is ~130ma and the new VR will be ~75ma

Testing was done at 11.4V,

pricing will be $10-15 and will require 3 solder joints...if anyone would like to pre-order lmk.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #319
RCC Addict

Quote:
Next batch of hack kits i'll have some new high efficiency voltage regulators. It'll increase your pack time by nearly 50%

Right now, with backlight off, the current drain is ~110ma with the new VR its going to be ~60ma

Right now with backlight on, the current drain is ~130ma and the new VR will be ~75ma

Testing was done at 11.4V,

pricing will be $10-15 and will require 3 solder joints...if anyone would like to pre-order lmk.
damn you Austin bought all my stuff way too soon.

good job on keeping up the upgrades
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #320
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
damn you Austin bought all my stuff way too soon.

good job on keeping up the upgrades
The new vr isn't included with the hack kit...just an extra upgrade.

I'm also planning on bearing mods (to steering), el backlight, some switches (so you can put switches where you want them), and afew more things. BUT fw hack kits and vr mods are what finances this stuff....all mods will be available in pre-hacked gt3b's.

I'm also working a standalone gt3b computer...so it will just be the guts in a box, and you plug in a controller to it. So any modded pistol grip controller, game controller, stick controller, etc. can be used. Just plug it in. This will probably be my next project after bearings. As the el backlight is going to be a costly investment.

Right now i'm still trying to figure out power though, as the box i want to use, there isn't going to be much room for a battery...I'l probably just have to order the box in so i can see for my own eye's how much room there is...because schematics arn't doing it for me.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM