Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #401
Pebble Pounder

When I click and release the ch3 trim button, it shows d-100 and is front wheel dig, if I want to have rear wheel dig then I need to push forward the ch3 trim button(d 100) hold it and pull the trigger at the same time, once I release the ch3 trim button it'll automatically change back to d-100.
Can I do it vice versa? What I mean is when I click and release the ch3 trim button, it'll shows d 100 and have rear wheel dig.
Where can I find the proper way to operate dig?
Thanx!

Last edited by kc092755; 08-05-2011 at 10:39 AM.
kc092755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #402
Rock Crawler

Well I figured out all my problems are in the motors. Both of them seem to be crapped out. I have It working great now. with a motor swap. Just had a hard time believing these both crapped out like that being so new? Thanks for all the help figuring it out.

I have another question now that I have it working on 2 crawlers and my jet boat, how about a 2spd setup for the 3rd ch? I would like ch trim button to run it if possible. What would be the easiest way to set up a 2 pos switch
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #403
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc092755 View Post
When I click and release the ch3 trim button, it shows d-100 and is front wheel dig, if I want to have rear wheel dig then I need to push forward the ch3 trim button(d 100) hold it and pull the trigger at the same time, once I release the ch3 trim button it'll automatically change back to d-100.
Can I do it vice versa? What I mean is when I click and release the ch3 trim button, it'll shows d 100 and have rear wheel dig.
Where can I find the proper way to operate dig?
Thanx!
Are you using the ch 3 trim switch, or the ch 3 button....as your description sure seems like your talking about the button.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #404
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Well I figured out all my problems are in the motors. Both of them seem to be crapped out. I have It working great now. with a motor swap. Just had a hard time believing these both crapped out like that being so new? Thanks for all the help figuring it out.

I have another question now that I have it working on 2 crawlers and my jet boat, how about a 2spd setup for the 3rd ch? I would like ch trim button to run it if possible. What would be the easiest way to set up a 2 pos switch
I was thinking motor

Ok well there's two ways of doing this...well actually

What switch are you wanting to use, a single button, or a two button switch (ch3 trim and d/r are two buttons)

As there's actually alot of ways
2 button
-set it to ch3, NOL, 200% step....then adjust epa's as needed.
-Use MPO, i haven't really tested this yet, and i have no AA's so i can't be much assistance right now, but i'll go buy some over the weekend

1 button

-set it up to go -100/100 then set your epa's
-use MPO
Old 08-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #405
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I was thinking motor

Ok well there's two ways of doing this...well actually

What switch are you wanting to use, a single button, or a two button switch (ch3 trim and d/r are two buttons)

As there's actually alot of ways
2 button
-set it to ch3, NOL, 200% step....then adjust epa's as needed.
-Use MPO, i haven't really tested this yet, and i have no AA's so i can't be much assistance right now, but i'll go buy some over the weekend

1 button

-set it up to go -100/100 then set your epa's
-use MPO
Well I was thinking the ch3 trim switch same as the one I would use for dig on the moa. But the more I though the ch button on the handle would be better. So I could just push once and be in one gear then push again to go to 2nd gear. I just need it to go between 2 gears same a maxx 2speed would. hope any of that makes sense
Old 08-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #406
Got Worms?

Quote:
Well I was thinking the ch3 trim switch same as the one I would use for dig on the moa. But the more I though the ch button on the handle would be better. So I could just push once and be in one gear then push again to go to 2nd gear. I just need it to go between 2 gears same a maxx 2speed would. hope any of that makes sense
The Ch 3 button is setup this way standard...so in a new model, just adjust your epa's for it
Old 08-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #407

can you make the 3ch button in to a 3pos switch?
Jwebb2.5rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #408
Got Worms?

Should be able to, but why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwebb2.5rs View Post
can you make the 3ch button in to a 3pos switch?
Old 08-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #409
Rock Crawler

Sorry I didn't read all the pages. can the 3rd channel be used to shift?

Thanks
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #410
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Are you using the ch 3 trim switch, or the ch 3 button....as your description sure seems like your talking about the button.
No, I'm using ch3 trim switch, ch3 button shows 3 100 or 3 -100 no dig.
Press and hold ch3 trim forward(d 100) has rear wheel dig, press and hold ch3 trim backward(d -100) front wheel dig, if I release the switch it shows d -100 with front wheel dig most of the time.
Thanx!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:48 PM   #411
Got Worms?

Quote:
No, I'm using ch3 trim switch, ch3 button shows 3 100 or 3 -100 no dig.
Press and hold ch3 trim forward(d 100) has rear wheel dig, press and hold ch3 trim backward(d -100) front wheel dig, if I release the switch it shows d -100 with front wheel dig most of the time.
Thanx!
What's your settings afew things can be causeing this
Old 08-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #412

losikid: this is my first posting in this forum. first thanks a lot for you losikid , so i can hacked my GT3B. all of your posts so useful. i am trying to read the manual 0.4.0. but my english not very good. i am from south east asia (thailand). i just want to ask, is it possible if i want to have 4WS, DIG, and one channel to control my winch?

i am successfully set 4WS from this posting, thanks vette66_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette66_00 View Post
Was asked in the video thread about the steps to make the 4ws work.
Here is what I wrote:

sub menu EPOINT (4) to channel 4, 0%, NOC
sub menu rev 3 4WS, NOL, 1%, NOR, NOO
sub menu rev C 4WS, SWI, NOR, NPV, OFF

Steering Front is plugged into Channel 1
Steering Rear is Plugged into Channel 4

This will let you use the CH3 (3) as your selector of 4WS(center) Rear Steer(left click) and Front Steer(right click)
Then it will let you use the button to back and forth from CRAB and 4WS

Only thing I would like to see on this is in the main menu under TRIM to have the ability to trim the other channels not just 1 and 2. I had to adjust the linkage to accommodate the lack of trimming the back servo, it still not perfect but it works.
also succesfully try ch3 to control my winch from this posts
Quote:
Long click rev
scroll to 3 (enter)
scroll to CH3 (enter)
Scroll to MOM (lon enter)
press back

and test it out, plug your winch into ch 3.
so i just wonder, is it possible if i want to combine 4WS, DIG and also one channel to control my winch?
once again thanks for your post very useful. sorry if my english is very bad, hope you understand
flysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #413
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
What's your settings afew things can be causeing this
I follow your "Dual ESC Mixing Template: (0.3.2 and 0.4.0 fw's)" setting.
"Press and hold ch3 trim switch forward and backward while pulling the trigger", is this the right way to operate instant dig?

Forgot to turn off gt3b and it drained the batteries, could you tell me how to do the power led mod?
Thanx!

Last edited by kc092755; 08-06-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #414
Rock Stacker

I was hesitant to buy such a cheaply priced transmitter but after all the great reviews and the amazing things optimistic is doing with this rd, I will be buying one ASAP along with several rx.
Thanks
jessejoe23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #415
Rock Crawler

I figured out how to set up the 3 pos switch i think but still cant seem to get it right. I can only adjust epa for one side and cant seem to find how to trim the 3rd ch. Any advice
Old 08-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #416
Got Worms?

Quote:
I figured out how to set up the 3 pos switch i think but still cant seem to get it right. I can only adjust epa for one side and cant seem to find how to trim the 3rd ch. Any advice
To adjust epa, just turn the st wheel to change sides.

Trim for ch 3...you have to go into sub trim...which will be long enter on trim
Old 08-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #417
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessejoe23 View Post
I was hesitant to buy such a cheaply priced transmitter but after all the great reviews and the amazing things optimistic is doing with this rd, I will be buying one ASAP along with several rx.
Thanks
It will do you good, its abit low on overall quality, but it offers all the features high end radios do.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:44 PM   #418
Got Worms?

Quote:
I follow your "Dual ESC Mixing Template: (0.3.2 and 0.4.0 fw's)" setting.
"Press and hold ch3 trim switch forward and backward while pulling the trigger", is this the right way to operate instant dig?
Yes this is the way i did the template...its my preference.

Quote:
Forgot to turn off gt3b and it drained the batteries, could you tell me how to do the power led mod?
Thanx!
Yea, enough people have asked i'll do diy...although why not just set the screen not to turn off, or turn on the inactivity alarm?
Old 08-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #419
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysky View Post
losikid: this is my first posting in this forum. first thanks a lot for you losikid , so i can hacked my GT3B. all of your posts so useful. i am trying to read the manual 0.4.0. but my english not very good. i am from south east asia (thailand). i just want to ask, is it possible if i want to have 4WS, DIG, and one channel to control my winch?

i am successfully set 4WS from this posting, thanks vette66_00

also succesfully try ch3 to control my winch from this posts

so i just wonder, is it possible if i want to combine 4WS, DIG and also one channel to control my winch?
once again thanks for your post very useful. sorry if my english is very bad, hope you understand
Yes this is possible, you will need to have the 6ch firmware installed...assign dual esc to ch3, 4ws to ch4, and a 3pos to ch5...if you can't figure it out let me know.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #420
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
Sorry I didn't read all the pages. can the 3rd channel be used to shift?

Thanks
yes

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM