Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #1181
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
I did calibrate them, but come to think of it, I think they were both calibrated on channel 2 when I was testing.

I do have the same exact program on them (used my Castle Link to upload the same program to each). I have the Sidewinder set to crawler reverse and drag brake of 213%.

I'll just calibrate them both again in the morning and see how it goes.
ok....make sure they are both plugged in and mix is at 0%...also, make sure your radio is calibrated as well.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #1182
Pebble Pounder

I had to program my throttle dead band from average to large .1250ms, it's under advance setting, in the Castle Link. Before I did this, my esc's would get just enough throttle input from the radio, while I was using the dig to deactivate the drag brake. It was never enough to power the motor, but it did let them creep.
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #1183

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
5k...although 10k would work too.

Resistance isn't a huge issue because all the pot does is form a potential divider to vary the output voltage from 0volts to 5volts...this output voltage is then read by the A/D converters to create a 8 bit digtal output (1024 steps (what you see in the calibration menu))

After installing the pot you'll need to calibrate it through the calibration menu (turn wheel full clockwise, and press enter (might be enter-LONG))

As for pot install....find a 5volt and 0volt line (splicing into the throttle is probabaly the easiest). Then find the circuit that is connecting the ch3 button to the microchip, and use that as your center wire.
Awesome, thanks for the info, will give this I try as soon as I receive the radio and post comments here. I think I have a 5 K pot that will do the trick.
magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #1184
RCC Addict

Calibrated the radio (channels 1 and 2, but not battery) and re-calibrated the ESC's. Seems to be working better now (as in, they are doing what they should have been doing in the first place). The setup is a little touchy now and I only get about 0-40% on the mix that actually does anything. Do I need to re-calibrate something else now? It's weird that before with the bad calibration I was getting full proportional and now I get about half of that rate.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #1185
Pebble Pounder

this might be a dumb question... but can someone give me instructions to get a winch to work.. once i plug my batt in.. seems i get full winch... which no good lol... i just got the radio.. i cali. the radio to the esc.. but i need to set up the ch3 to the winch... can someone help.. without flaming me
Zeks05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #1186
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeks05 View Post
this might be a dumb question... but can someone give me instructions to get a winch to work.. once i plug my batt in.. seems i get full winch... which no good lol... i just got the radio.. i cali. the radio to the esc.. but i need to set up the ch3 to the winch... can someone help.. without flaming me
Do you have a winch controller?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:52 PM   #1187
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
Calibrated the radio (channels 1 and 2, but not battery) and re-calibrated the ESC's. Seems to be working better now (as in, they are doing what they should have been doing in the first place). The setup is a little touchy now and I only get about 0-40% on the mix that actually does anything. Do I need to re-calibrate something else now? It's weird that before with the bad calibration I was getting full proportional and now I get about half of that rate.
No, this is strange...are you sure you re calibrated the esc's with a 0% mix
Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #1188
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeks05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeks05
i tryed to find the winch instructions to do what u said about useing the slide d/r and i cant find it... can u help me
GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread post#546

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
I got the 3racing winch working on CH4 with the D/R switch with an old Mini LST ESC and a Micro 2S Lipo until the Heyok Hivolt controller gets here but I didn't like how pressing the switch would winch out or in and continue until you click the opposite way so I set the switch to momentary

Scroll to d
Ch4 (in my case)
MOM ( momentary )
NOR
NPV
the back out.
works great and i don't have to worry about winching to far out and reversing the spool or worse winching to far in and breaking the line and hook

Also Set up my Summit trans to shift with the Ch3 button. I just set it up like dig and adjusted the endpoints.

I think the summit guys would love this as a replacement radio
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #1189
RCC Addict

Quote:
No, this is strange...are you sure you re calibrated the esc's with a 0% mix
Yeah, strange. I recalibrated everything again last night and it's working well, but seems like the mix is only the first 40% or so. If I follow your dual ESC mix recipe and change the 20 to 5 will that change my percent/click to 5%?

Ultimately I only need max 50% mix for each direction. Anything more than that and I'm going to press for dig.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #1190
Got Worms?

I never got around to posting this last night...but some of the pre-hacked orders may take abit longer than normal. I had 10 gt3b's coming from hobbypartz and 6 of them didn't work! 4 of them had fawked up power buttons and 2 of them had fawked up throttle pots. So i have more on order and still trying to figure out the best plan of attack to get hobbypartz to replace them. Anyways, there may be a delay in getting these out, sorry.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #1191
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I never got around to posting this last night...but some of the pre-hacked orders may take abit longer than normal. I had 10 gt3b's coming from hobbypartz and 6 of them didn't work! 4 of them had fawked up power buttons and 2 of them had fawked up throttle pots. So i have more on order and still trying to figure out the best plan of attack to get hobbypartz to replace them. Anyways, there may be a delay in getting these out, sorry.
That's a pretty bad failure rate. I just ordered one and no issues so far with it.
y2kgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #1192
Got Worms?

For those wondering, the gt3b fw currently does not support a pot or switch in place of the ch3 button like it should be able to

I just got done trying to get it to work
Old 02-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #1193
Got Worms?

Check this out, 4000mah 2s lipo

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy 4000mAh Spektrum DX8 Intelligent Transmitter Pack.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #1194
Quarry Creeper

I'm having a hard time calibrating My MMP with the GT3B.

I have ch.2 set in reverse. ABS off.
I get the green lights, then the four tones and the red flashing, signaling to toss it into reverse, but when I do it never locks the reverse setting and just keeps flashing red.
I have an email into castle but I know they are going to say its the radio settings.

I have loaded 4.0 and made sure all end points are maxed out.
I have tried trimming it both directions but no love.

I really want to test this new set up out, but cant get it off the bench!

Any love?
BELADOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #1195
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELADOG View Post
I'm having a hard time calibrating My MMP with the GT3B.

I have ch.2 set in reverse. ABS off.
I get the green lights, then the four tones and the red flashing, signaling to toss it into reverse, but when I do it never locks the reverse setting and just keeps flashing red.
I have an email into castle but I know they are going to say its the radio settings.

I have loaded 4.0 and made sure all end points are maxed out.
I have tried trimming it both directions but no love.

I really want to test this new set up out, but cant get it off the bench!

Any love?
Have you calibrated the radio? Try turning the epa's down below 100%...

Turn up the dead band on the mmp
Old 02-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #1196
Quarry Creeper

Dead band set high (.1500ms)

re-cal'd Gt.

EPA at 80-90-100-120%

Nada.

any other ideas?

Last edited by BELADOG; 02-16-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #1197
Quarry Creeper

Contacted Castle today.
Their first question was if I was using a Fly Sky Radio.

first they told me they cannot and will never work with the MMP.
After pressing him he told me that "very few, like less than 1% will work with the MMP".

So I guess the couple of you on here running the GT3B with MMP are either lucky or are better at figuring this out than me.

Guess I gotta start saving for a better radio. I'm really bumbed. After all the sweet hacks I had high hopes.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #1198
I wanna be Dave

i dont see why a mmp wont work with flysky because there other escs do. im running a mmp in my stampede with my gt3b but it is a mmp from there very first batch once released along with 3 sidewinders. none of mine needed the deadband set to anything past normal some i have it set to small
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #1199
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELADOG View Post
Contacted Castle today.
Their first question was if I was using a Fly Sky Radio.

first they told me they cannot and will never work with the MMP.
After pressing him he told me that "very few, like less than 1% will work with the MMP".

So I guess the couple of you on here running the GT3B with MMP are either lucky or are better at figuring this out than me.

Guess I gotta start saving for a better radio. I'm really bumbed. After all the sweet hacks I had high hopes.
Sounds like the castle rep is feeding you a bowl of shit The gt3b rx puts out the exact same type of signal all other rx's do and i've seen plenty of mmp's being used

When calibrating your radio, how steady are the numbers displayed? and what are the numbers that your pressing enter to

Plug a servo into the throttle channel and see if the servo works properly

You could always switch to tekin, better electronics imo
Old 02-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #1200
Pebble Pounder

I have a MMP and a GT3B and they worked fine right out of the box!
R/CMARK is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM