Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #2701

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokediver View Post
Losikid you have a couple PMs from me
Clearly he doesn't care about his business if he's been on here and not answering anyone emails or pm's maybe he wanted to scam everyone
bashtothemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #2702

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyCrawler View Post
He'll get to you bud. I heard he does everything by himself! I just got my package yesterday and it was worth the wait. Now to try and figure this out. Hang in there, orders just started shipping out last week.
I have no problem with waiting I could care less if he made me wait another couple weeks and that wouldn't bother me. I understand he's a one man show and I know it's well worth the wait I would just appreciate an email saying hey like one more week I need I would be perfectly fine with that
Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #2703
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashtothemax View Post

Clearly he doesn't care about his business if he's been on here and not answering anyone emails or pm's maybe he wanted to scam everyone
Well that's no way to talk about a vendor. Especially a vendor in school trying to better himself. Have a read through the thread my friend...
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #2704
RCC Addict

I would like to tell everyone waiting on orders that its worth the wait. He actualy geot the parts to me 3 weeks before i could get the gt3c. The back order on the tx is stupid long..lol i just got mine together last week and it was all worth the wait. I would also like to say that when he has time its all about his customers. He has been helping me set mine up and linking all info needed to get me up and going. Yes its not fun to wait on thi gs b6t for the one man show he sure gets alot done if you think about school and everything. He also has lots of great ideas on how to get you setup once you get to that point. I have had quite a time getting everything going and there is no way i could have figured it all out on my own without his help. Just some things I have setup... front/4ws/rear, crab walk, winch, dig, lights, and 3 more chanels to play with. My wrekluse has never been so much fun.

Thanks
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #2705
Rock Stacker

Anyone have this issue or read about it elsewhere. Gt3b firmware 0.6.1 calibrated after flashing. Everything is fine for about 20 minutes into my run then it seems like my trim moves or something and I have reverse in like the first 5% of my throttle trigger pull so the truck jerks back before going forward. Have to turn the radio off wait a few and turn it back on and it's good for another 20 minutes.

Thinking I have a bad radio as I have tried it in 2 different trucks with a multitude of electronics with no change. Maybe time to pull the trigger on a GT3C.
Superfubario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #2706
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Clearly he doesn't care about his business if he's been on here and not answering anyone emails or PM's maybe he wanted to scam everyone
I will start by saying:
Yes, LosiKid has done things for me in the past.
Yes, "I'm sorta a team guy".
Yes, I'm a "hacked GT3B fan boy" (although every other radio used in this house is a Futaba...it's a lot of Futaba here.....)

No, LosiKid is not perfect (sorry Austin....), but he is better than most of Dell PC support. While that is a double edged comment, I mean it in a good way. Not sure I could do his schedule and run the OverkillRC business as well.

You are a customer, you chose what to do with your money, I have no hard feelings either way. YOU have to be happy with your experience.

I will say that LosiKid does a great job, but is likely having a hard time juggling personal life, school as well as a business. Not making excuses, just stating facts.

If you wait, I feel you will be happy.
Your money, your choice.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #2707
Got Worms?

Corey miller (bashtothemax)

2x message April 2nd
1x message April 3rd
2x message April 4th
3x message April 5th

Not including all the bash messages he's posted in misc threads.

Every time you send me a message, your name goes to the top of my list and i reply bottom up.
I really dislike multiple emails so i make sure i respond to them last and sometimes ignore them unless their about an order.

Consider this your response to all the emails you've sent me, your order will be shipping out when i get to it.

Last edited by losikid; 04-07-2013 at 05:11 PM.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #2708
Got Worms?

Also, i haven't been spending much time in my pm box lately... send me an email ( losikid@overkillrc.com ) not a pm
Old 04-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #2709

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Corey miller (bashtothemax)

2x message April 2nd
1x message April 3rd
2x message April 4th
3x message April 5th

Not including all the bash messages he's posted in misc threads.

Every time you send me a message, your name goes to the top of my list and i reply bottom up.
I really dislike multiple emails so i make sure i respond to them last and sometimes ignore them unless their about an order.

Consider this your response to all the emails you've sent me, your order will be shipping out when i get to it.
I'm not on here to bash you,simply to get your attention. What you think one little person is gonna ruin what you have done. I have been more than understanding and like I said I don't mind waiting for your product because you have a great product. All I wanted was a simple reply saying hey been busy I should have it done in the next couple weeks and I would of been fine. I understand you have your own life but you choose to have a business. I work full time as a general foreman for my boss's electrical company and I run my own electrical business on the side and I know my customers get frustrated when I can't be there to do a job for them right away but since I get a partial payment up front and its their hard earned money I would never ignore them because they are sending me to many emails. I would love to be able to say f*** it I wanna spend time with my gf and play with my rc trucks and go fishing but unfornately I took on the responsiblity to own my own business so I do answer they emails when I don't want to. And I know personal good products and services are hard to find and most people will generally wait for them and like I said I have no problem waiting for them. Just like I could care less if it took you another month to get my controller because I know it's worth the wait. All I wanted was a simple response and to come on this forum and see you helping out other people and knowing that I've sent you multiple emails and I get no response sucks. I'm sorry if you felt I was bashing you or if you think I was trying to give you a bad name. I can't wait to recieve my hacked gt3b controller and write how good of a product you have. I'm finally happy I know what's going on if you could keep me updated I would appreciate. Thank you
Old 04-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #2710
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Well I finally got around to upgrading from 4.2 to 6.1 I'm curious on how others have their 4wheel steer set up. I'm finding I don't care for the way mines been set up. Had ch3 trim run 3 pos. Front steer only..... 4 wheel steer..... Rear steer only. When in 4 wheel ch3 swaps between crab and not crab. I'm thinking I want more control independantly from axle to axle. I'm thinking to have ch3 trim run rear axle in step rate in each direction then long hold to center. So let's here what ya got and like. And this is for my c3 rig so this is why I'm really needing more control of rear axle steer.

And Austin since I jumped from 4.2 to 6.1 a lot has changed..... I'll read a bunch more to try and figure out the abbreviations since they have changed dramatically.
I run mine at a step rate of 50 so i can have full front and rear steer or front with a little help from the back steer. ( vise versa for rear.) I dont use a multiposition on ch3 because i find all the beeps annoying when changing values and I usually like to have the rear steer work 50% just for a little sharper turns..

Last edited by MiniMorris; 04-07-2013 at 09:21 PM.
MiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #2711
Got Worms?

Quote:
All I wanted was a simple reply
Then wait more then 24 hrs before sending another message...ideally wait afew days before sending another message. I don't mind a new message every couple of days. As i answer emails afew times a week and if i don't respond within afew days then there's a good chance it got overlooked by accident. Also, every time you send a message, it groups with the other ones and goes to the top of the list. I respond bottom up (oldest to newest)

I don't ignore customers, they just get moved to the top of the email list every time a new email is sent. Simple as that...patience is a virtue
Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #2712
Rock Stacker

Hello everyone ,

I bought and installed hack kit and software from losikid/overkill RC and still figuring how to use it.
I use GT3C and 0.6.1 firmware. Does anyone know how to set up different motor speed for 4wd front and rear ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by gpilot2000; 04-09-2013 at 08:00 PM.
gpilot2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:54 AM   #2713
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpilot2000 View Post
Hello everyone ,

I bought and installed hack kit and software from losikid/overkill RC and still figuring how to use it.
I use GT3C and 0.6.1 firmware. Does anyone know how to set up different motor speed for 4wd front and rear ?

Thanks in advance.
If you programmed "dig" & "proportional", you use the proportional. Most of the templates used for proportional have steps of "20", I use steps of "5". It works off one of the thumb buttons on the handle.
As you push or pull the button, you add or subtract power from one end of the rig or the other.

This is assuming you are using 2 ESC's.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #2714
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
If you programmed "dig" & "proportional", you use the proportional. Most of the templates used for proportional have steps of "20", I use steps of "5". It works off one of the thumb buttons on the handle.
As you push or pull the button, you add or subtract power from one end of the rig or the other.

This is assuming you are using 2 ESC's.
Thanks for the answer charlie, yes I use 2 sidewinder micros.
gpilot2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #2715
Rock Crawler

I just got a gt3b that is supposed to b prehacked and don't know how to tell if it is actually prehacked

Sent from my iPhone in the shop
fordsuperduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #2716
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post
I just got a gt3b that is supposed to b prehacked and don't know how to tell if it is actually prehacked

I believe when you power it up, it gives the firmware version, if not, use the scroll wheel to see the version. It's either 0.4 or 0.6. You will also see the TX battery voltage.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #2717
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordsuperduty View Post

Try and access a sub-menu. If theres a sub menu then its been hacked...
Old 04-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #2718
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post

Try and access a sub-menu. If theres a sub menu then its been hacked...
Thanks for the information once I figure the firmware out then I get to start programming

Old 04-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #2719
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
I believe when you power it up, it gives the firmware version, if not, use the scroll wheel to see the version. It's either 0.4 or 0.6. You will also see the TX battery voltage.
Thanks man you and losikid are lifesavers this thing has me scratching my head since I bought it

Old 04-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #2720

I've got a question about an Un Hacked GT3C, what can you do with channel 3. Wanting to turn lights off/on or power in a winch, is that possible?

Cheers Red
Red04VXE is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM