Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2014, 01:25 AM   #3701
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Ill have all orders shipped before the end of week(probably sooner) when i leave for vacation...ill stop taking orders at the end of the week as well.

sorry about the delay, ive been dealing with final exams and final project reports the past 3 weeks.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2014, 01:27 AM   #3702
Got Worms?

https://www.usps.com/holiday/
Old 12-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #3703
RCC Addict

My method for getting the programming board to work:
1. Without the remote plugged in, plug in the board to your 32-bit Windows XP or virtual machine via usb
2. Wait for Windows to load it's mass storage driver, then install the stutilities package that includes the drivers
3. Install the sttools and then run them; no reboot required

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 12-15-2014 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #3704

Would you guys trust the GT3B or GT3C radio connection to a 1:8 scale truggy that will top out at probably 50MPH? I don't know the rf issues but think smaller park in a regular neighborhood, so dual band wifi, cell tower somewhere around here? Just how much of the 2.4G band does the radio connection use? if somebody has part numbers for the data sheets for the radios, I don't mind looking through them.
bob4432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #3705
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
Would you guys trust the GT3B or GT3C radio connection to a 1:8 scale truggy that will top out at probably 50MPH? I don't know the rf issues but think smaller park in a regular neighborhood, so dual band wifi, cell tower somewhere around here? Just how much of the 2.4G band does the radio connection use? if somebody has part numbers for the data sheets for the radios, I don't mind looking through them.
Austin may have them. I've ran this radio hacked and un hacked in all of my off road track rigs, ranging from 4wheel mod, 1/8 buggy, 2wheel mod, short course and the like. No issues at all. Also have ran on my vintage trans am class 1/8 scale onroad and 1/5 Baja.

My 1/8 onroad was ran on mamba monster....... Castle 2650 on 6s....... Ripped the tires from rims.... Was faster than 50mph on quite a distance in range.

Last edited by JokersWild; 12-15-2014 at 09:21 PM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #3706

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Austin may have them. I've ran this radio hacked and un hacked in all of my off road track rigs, ranging from 4wheel mod, 1/8 buggy, 2wheel mod, short course and the like. No issues at all. Also have ran on my vintage trans am class 1/8 scale onroad and 1/5 Baja.

My 1/8 onroad was ran on mamba monster....... Castle 2650 on 6s....... Ripped the tires from rims.... Was faster than 50mph on quite a distance in range.
Thanks
Old 12-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #3707
RCC Addict

No problemo
Old 12-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #3708
Quarry Creeper

edit: i hooked up a spare receiver and am getting no throttle the steering works fine it's hooked to an esc that i can't calibrate any suggestions? my other receiver has a broken wire so trying to fix that one

Last edited by aftershock1; 12-17-2014 at 12:39 PM.
aftershock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:50 PM   #3709
RCC Addict

Open.... Check for cold solders , bent pins . Ohm out on board.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:28 AM   #3710

Is there some type of repository for the firmware? I use a ipad 1/2 the time....

Also, are there different forks of the aftermarket software and if so, is one better than another?

Last edited by bob4432; 12-19-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #3711

In regards to the perfect Lipo for the GT3B, I HIGHLY recommend the Rhino 2620mAh 3S 11.1v Low-Discharge Transmitter Lipoly Pack. These can be had from Hobby King for around $13.

I have modded all my RC Transmitters (Stick and Wheel) and have used these for years without issue.

The problem with a regular lipo is not the voltage, but the discharge rate. It's this rapid discharge rate that causes havoc on your radio.

This battery is low discharge (3C) and is specifically designed for transmitters.

Again, I have used these extensively, on FrSky, FlySky, Spektrum radios without any ill effect and with no modification to the radio's electronics.
Pantseatflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #3712
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantseatflyer View Post
In regards to the perfect Lipo for the GT3B, I HIGHLY recommend the Rhino 2620mAh 3S 11.1v Low-Discharge Transmitter Lipoly Pack. These can be had from Hobby King for around $13.

I have modded all my RC Transmitters (Stick and Wheel) and have used these for years without issue.

The problem with a regular lipo is not the voltage, but the discharge rate. It's this rapid discharge rate that causes havoc on your radio.

This battery is low discharge (3C) and is specifically designed for transmitters.

Again, I have used these extensively, on FrSky, FlySky, Spektrum radios without any ill effect and with no modification to the radio's electronics.
Good to know on battery fitment. Ive always used king max 2200 tx 3s 8c discharge but is quite hard to find anymore.

I'm not really going to get into the false statements on higher discharge/ c rating, but will state you are very incorrect and misleading. The radio and also you esc for that matter will only draw the current it seeks. The battery is not forcing the flow of the discharge down its said throat.

But what you will get is the voltage regulator in radios like the Gt3b generating heat due to the voltage sitting at a higher number for longer periods of time vs the batteries it was designed for (alkaline) where rate falls much faster.this is why we use the recom voltage regulator to keep from wasting power that is converted to heat in regulator not only wasting energy but long term causing the stock regulator to melt or burn up.

Last edited by JokersWild; 12-20-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:12 PM   #3713

Received my gt3b from losikid, so far i'm really liking it but i'm new to these nicer transmitters like this one. I'm needing help finding information/instructions on how to setup the thing past the stock stuff. Like how do I access channels 4-8 to change there settings once I upgrade to a receiver with more channels? Eventually I want to upgrade to a winch but for now I plan to use channel 3 for my dig unit (yet to be installed but its here lol). Also, how do I set up channel 3 to operate a dig? I didn't get any instructions with it and what I found online is for just a stock transmitter. Thanks!!!!
boaty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:16 PM   #3714
RCC Addict

You are Prolly running v6.1 here is the manual

https://github.com/semerad/gt3b/blob...NUAL-0.6.1.txt
Old 12-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #3715
Rock Crawler

So I got the newest flysky receiver. The fs-a3 will not bind to the gt3c radio. Has anyone else tried the new receiver with the hacked radios?
Attached Images

Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #3716
Quarry Creeper

Hi,
any one using the Gt power pro lighting :

, ,(GTP 37069) by G.T. Power 4 Channel Profesional LED Lighting System

there's nothing in the manual about radio seting

help is welcome
OLI972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #3717
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty Made View Post
So I got the newest flysky receiver. The fs-a3 will not bind to the gt3c radio. Has anyone else tried the new receiver with the hacked radios?
Will that rx bind to any other flysky tx? May have issue with it internally. Hacked or un hacked should be zero difference in binding.

Last edited by JokersWild; 12-21-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:51 AM   #3718
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Will that rx bind to any other flysky tx? May have issue with it internally. Hacked or un hacked should be zero difference in binding.
Nope the rx will not bind to the other 3 tx's. Two hacked one a basic axial tx. This is a interesting issue.
Werty Made is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #3719
RCC Addict

Hmmm, well that's an odd one then eh. I would see what Austin says. I don't bs e any of them new fangled ones. I've ended up with some before that hsvent worked for whatever reason I get with trades time to time..... I just toss em. Lol.

Is the bind plug good? Also ya crack it upen and check for cold solders on rx?

So just to clarify you have 2 hacked tx and a stock axial tx and it won't bind to any of them...?
Old 12-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #3720
Got Worms?

I got all open orders shipped out today and everything is now marked out of stock...I'll open back up sometime in janurary.

As far as that new rx model, I haven't tried one yet...

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM