Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2016, 05:22 PM   #4301

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Hi guys, great info on the controllers, i have flashed both gt3b and C to 0.6.1 to take advantage, but im trying to figure out the 4WS setup. I have 4ws working, and when you hit the CH3 button it switches from Crab to No Crab. this is great. but i have seen people on youtube videos also switching between front only/rear only/ 4WS as well.

how do you setup the controller to toggle from 4ws to Front only to Rear only? this would be great for bombing around on 3s without flipping because of 4ws tight turn radius.

thanks!

Last edited by armor64; 02-09-2016 at 05:29 PM.
armor64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #4302
RCC Addict

It would probably be about the same since whoever might do it in Canada probably has to buy their components out of the states anyways.

Just so we're clear, I wasn't trying to whine about your price. Your price seems quite fair, I'm just not stoked about the Canadian dollar being so low right now.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:37 PM   #4303
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armor64 View Post
Hi guys, great info on the controllers, i have flashed both gt3b and C to 0.6.1 to take advantage, but im trying to figure out the 4WS setup. I have 4ws working, and when you hit the CH3 button it switches from Crab to No Crab. this is great. but i have seen people on youtube videos also switching between front only/rear only/ 4WS as well.

how do you setup the controller to toggle from 4ws to Front only to Rear only? this would be great for bombing around on 3s without flipping because of 4ws tight turn radius.

thanks!
Same thing as dua esc. Just choose 4WS instead of DIG

http://overkillrc.com/GT3X-Firmware/...lp%20cards.pdf
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:02 PM   #4304
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
It would probably be about the same since whoever might do it in Canada probably has to buy their components out of the states anyways.

Just so we're clear, I wasn't trying to whine about your price. Your price seems quite fair, I'm just not stoked about the Canadian dollar being so low right now.
I wasn't accusing you of anything. I'm just trying to understand why buying from the US is seen as more expensive. When actually looking at relative cost of living it's about the same after currency conversion.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:02 PM   #4305

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Same thing as dua esc. Just choose 4WS instead of DIG

http://overkillrc.com/GT3X-Firmware/...lp%20cards.pdf
thats perfect thanks! I can't believe it didn't occur to me, i was thinking that the 4WS on the rockers would give the same crab/no crab options instead of selecting the steering channel.

thanks again LosiKid

Morgan
armor64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:42 PM   #4306

I've been patiently waiting and patiently reading this thread. I can't wait!

I read the instructions regarding 4ws setups, but I want to double check.

The third channel can be set up as a momentary switch, right?
KingKlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:35 AM   #4307
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKlod View Post
I've been patiently waiting and patiently reading this thread. I can't wait!

I read the instructions regarding 4ws setups, but I want to double check.

The third channel can be set up as a momentary switch, right?
Yes
Old 02-10-2016, 12:53 PM   #4308

Awesome, thanks!
KingKlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:35 AM   #4309
Got Worms?

So alittle bit of progress. I went live with the new website. But sales are currently disabled. I'm hoping to get that part fully functional in a week or two.

There's still alot of work to do over the next year or so. But this new platform is alot more open for me to automate my life even more and help automate your shopping/support experience.

Same url OverkillRC.com

Not that you guys probably care, but it's being hosted on a speedy server. Dedicated cpu, memory, ssd disk space, etc. A very secure and fast setup. I have alot of bandwidth too so I can start using big hi res pictures.

What you will care about is the new support page. I'm still working on the knowledge base. But it'll be very complete and the search bar does seem to work rather well. Also my favorite part, your least favorite part, about the new support system is that you are required to actually put some effort into figuring out how to send me a message and hopefully by doing so you actually look at the knowledge base. However, if a message is sent, I no longer have to go though some sleazy, poorly designed support system and I get emails when you send a message and I can respond via email. Now you may ask why I just don't do email to begin with? Well, it's because emails get lost, I read them and forget to reply all the time. But luckily this new system has a very nice support system/console I can use to make sure I don't miss messages. Also, when I become a better web programmer (slowly but surely), it'll be seamlessly integrated with the site so when the site recognizes you through either logging in, cookies, or other black magic you'll have access to all your previous support messages and I have access to all your order data so I can look at tracking numbers, adjust order statuses, refund an order, etc all from my support console.

I also plan on adding mini support things on all the product pages that will hopefully further increase the ease of self research on how to use my products. Because I'm lazy and really busy these days and prefer to just put stuff in a box and ship it.

Here's a link to the new help page. The knowledge base is still far from complete. I'm going to keep adding to it as time allows. I'm hoping to get mixing and key mapping articles written up in the next month or two.

https://overkillrc.com/php?target=support#!/

Also, the new website is fancy html5 and mobile ready. So it should work great on phones. And if you're on a desktop there's all sorts of cool stuff.

My main goal at the moment is functionality. So it's going to be the lame generic theme for awhile. But it'll be awesome once I'm done.
I want something that rivals big time manufactures websites. And I know the amount of sales I get no where near justifies the time and money I've already dumped into it and will continue dumpin. But I like cool hit tech stuff that make my life easier, and I want to learn web programming and this a great way to do it.

Last edited by losikid; 02-11-2016 at 03:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:00 PM   #4310

I need help...I've searched and I'm unable to to find an answer.

My question is I have the gt3b that I've hacked (ver. 0.6.1) and after that was done the buzzer does not work anymore.
I did go into the settings and made sure all tones are turned on and I even tested the buzzer itself and it works when 5v is applied to it.
Any help is greatly appreciated because my head hurts from trying to figure it out.

Thanks
GrimReaper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 07:30 PM   #4311
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper187 View Post
I need help...I've searched and I'm unable to to find an answer.

My question is I have the gt3b that I've hacked (ver. 0.6.1) and after that was done the buzzer does not work anymore.
I did go into the settings and made sure all tones are turned on and I even tested the buzzer itself and it works when 5v is applied to it.
Any help is greatly appreciated because my head hurts from trying to figure it out.

Thanks
And it worked before the new firmware?
Old 02-15-2016, 12:37 PM   #4312
Rock Crawler

Hey guys, Can anyone point me in the right direction for the % of throw on my 3rd channel. I'm trying to set it up for the 2 speed trans in a TF2. I can not get it less than 100%. I currently have a hacked GT3C & am wanting to use the CH3 2 position button.

Last edited by mudbeast2; 02-15-2016 at 12:39 PM.
mudbeast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:22 PM   #4313
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbeast2 View Post
Hey guys, Can anyone point me in the right direction for the % of throw on my 3rd channel. I'm trying to set it up for the 2 speed trans in a TF2. I can not get it less than 100%. I currently have a hacked GT3C & am wanting to use the CH3 2 position button.
So your end point adjustment won't change?
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:49 PM   #4314
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper187 View Post
Yes
That's interesting.

Maybe try and reflash the firmware...
Old 02-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #4315

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
That's interesting.

Maybe try and reflash the firmware...
I'll give that a try when I my hands on a programmer again and let you know.
GrimReaper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:14 AM   #4316
Got Worms?

So after about 20 hours of work on my new website over the last three days. I can almost taste something I'm willing to take orders with. All I have left is run through some test orders and check to make sure everything functions correctly. But I have a crazy amount of homework due, so I probably won't finish till the end of the week or maybe next week if this week doesn't go well.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:14 AM   #4317
Quarry Creeper

hi Austin,

is it possible to put a joystick instead of CH3 trim on the handle like the MT4 ?

thanks
Bergm@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:57 AM   #4318
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergm@n View Post
hi Austin,

is it possible to put a joystick instead of CH3 trim on the handle like the MT4 ?

thanks
Yes, the channel 3 button runs up to a a/d encoder so you can turn that into a linear channel thats ran off a pot.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:42 PM   #4319
Got Worms?

Ok guys, website is live and taking orders. I think I've got everything working now...

https://overkillrc.com/
Old 02-17-2016, 08:48 PM   #4320
Rock Crawler

Nice work. Just had a quick look. Found this.

honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM