Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #4741

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

I apologize if this has been covered in the previous 237 pages. I've tried searching and I can't find an answer. I've hacked my GT3c and gotten the winch to operate using the Channel 3 trim. What I'm having a problem with is I'd like to control my lights with channels 4-6. I have lighting contollers, and I have my radio set up as a 6 channel radio, but when I go to try to map a button, there is no option for channels 4-6. I'm trying to use the Channel 3 button to control the 4th channel on my receiver and plug the lights into there. Anyone have any ideas?
Dochusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2018, 01:14 PM   #4742
I wanna be Dave

It's been a while since I have programmed one of these... If I recall, you have to tell the model number that you are using how many channels to work with. It defaults to three. I think you have to long press the channel button and scroll to C and press enter . Then scroll to the number of channels you want to use.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:59 PM   #4743
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyok View Post
It's been a while since I have programmed one of these... If I recall, you have to tell the model number that you are using how many channels to work with. It defaults to three. I think you have to long press the channel button and scroll to C and press enter . Then scroll to the number of channels you want to use.
Good job Al!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:49 PM   #4744

Quote:
That is what I'm doing, but it never goes past channel 3. I've checked and double checked that I set up the radio for 6 channels, but still don't have the option of 4-6
Old 04-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #4745

Reflash ?

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk
Twinhamme knock off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:40 AM   #4746
I wanna be Dave

Just checked my instructions. I had made a mistake.
Please try this:
To set the number of channels that a model can use:
Long press the NAME button and scroll to C and press enter . Then scroll to the number of channels you want to use.

Sorry for the confusion!
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #4747

Quote:
Just checked my instructions. I had made a mistake.
Please try this:
To set the number of channels that a model can use:
Long press the NAME button and scroll to C and press enter . Then scroll to the number of channels you want to use.

Sorry for the confusion!
That is exactly how I did it and it still says 6 channels.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #4748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinhamme knock off View Post
Reflash ?

I tried running the hack again, and it acts like its installing and says verified, but when I unplug it, everything is the same. All my models are still there, so I don't think its overwriting anything. Ideas on how to reflash?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dochusker View Post
I tried running the hack again, and it acts like its installing and says verified, but when I unplug it, everything is the same. All my models are still there, so I don't think its overwriting anything. Ideas on how to reflash?
I don't remember but I think it's a two step process where it will verify the file before flashing also make sure that you are selecting the proper option i.e verify and flash and not verify only.

Twinhamme knock off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:21 AM   #4750
Rock Crawler

Where can the new files be found?
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #4751
Rock Crawler

https://github.com/semerad/gt3b/tree/master/Releases

They have a short manual there too, but google will help you find a large PDF explaining it further.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:31 PM   #4752
Rock Crawler

Thanks Hydro.
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:49 PM   #4753

When I connect my GT3C it starts beeping, and I have all the settings set correctly, but when I try to flash the firmware, I get the Cannot communicate with the board error, any ideas?
PartyWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:09 PM   #4754

We just aren't having any luck getting the hack to work :(

I wasn't surprised that I had challenges, but have had two guys who are generally pretty good with this sort of thing and they get no love either. We even ordered in another programmer in case the first was defective but still no luck.

Have two GT3B transmitters, the one we've been working on is disassembled, all soldering complete (and continuity tested), bearing mod in, switching regulator installed, and lipo conversion performed. Second is just a used GT3B.

I would be delighted to pay someone to flash these to the updated firmware as well as cover postage each way. Can anybody help us out?

Many thanks,

Scottrik
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:28 PM   #4755
RCC Addict

So I was able to make it work but writing the option byte tab first, then the program tab. HOORAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Björn View Post
I had the same issue. The google translated link above did fix it for me, but not right away.

For noobs (as I am) at this ST Link stuff, it's not all that obvious.. On the option byte tab the read protection was already off so at first I concluded that this setting was already ok but it still didn't work. A couple of desperate hours later I finally hit the 'program to current tab' anyways and suddenly the error was gone and I flashed the FW in a couple of seconds. It took me a couple of hours to discover this, so maybe this is your solution as well?

TLDR
Seemingly the actual setting in the tx can be ON, while option byte tab shows OFF. You simply have to program it anyways like the screenshot below shows:

Tin Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:35 PM   #4756
Rock Stacker

can you still buy these already hacked?
socal gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #4757
I wanna be Dave

I just hacked mine i had a hard time getting everything pluged in right in the end i just guessed and it took the flash was so easy i couldent belive it and the programing was way easyer than i thought i have the winch on the 3rd channel trim switch and the shifter on the 2 position 3rd channel switch setting the end points on the shifter was alittle challanging but over all i am very impressed with what this firmware is capable of and in aww of the programer its just mind blowing

Just to be fare i watched just about every hack toutorial on you tube i never was able to find the manual for the 6.2 version some day ill download the 6.1 instructions but so far i have been able yo do what i needed to with out instructions after about 15min i had most of it figured out
I havent tryed the duel esc mixing or rear steer yet but its coming the jugg is next to be set up

Last edited by ferp420; 06-23-2018 at 08:47 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:35 PM   #4758

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
I just hacked mine i had a hard time getting everything pluged in right in the end i just guessed and it took the flash was so easy i couldent belive it and the programing was way easyer than i thought i have the winch on the 3rd channel trim switch and the shifter on the 2 position 3rd channel switch setting the end points on the shifter was alittle challanging but over all i am very impressed with what this firmware is capable of and in aww of the programer its just mind blowing

Just to be fare i watched just about every hack toutorial on you tube i never was able to find the manual for the 6.2 version some day ill download the 6.1 instructions but so far i have been able yo do what i needed to with out instructions after about 15min i had most of it figured out
I havent tryed the duel esc mixing or rear steer yet but its coming the jugg is next to be set up

Can you share with me the link to the STVP you used? Im wondering if I have a newer version of the programmer software and it doesnt want to work?
PartyWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 11:40 PM   #4759
Rock Crawler

I know that Exocaged RC on youtube sells these already hacked. Find his channel and email him for it. He does it all through paypal and email. I havent purchased one so thats all the info I have on it.
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:48 PM   #4760
I wanna be Dave

The prograner i used

How i hooked it to the programer

Last edited by ferp420; 07-01-2018 at 08:50 PM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM