Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2019, 05:19 AM   #4841
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I believe the answer you need is in this video, I have it saved for that reason, a lot of good info in it.

https://youtu.be/BG-5BPqqltg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thx man, one of the many reasons i love this forum....fb can eat my shorts...
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #4842
RCC Addict

No problem I'll help when I can.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:04 PM   #4843

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for my question but you may be able to help me with my problem. I have an unhacked FS-GT3B that is malfunctioning and I am wondering if it can be repaired. Here is what it does:

I removed the AA batteries and attached a regulated 12V supply to eliminate the possibility of low power.

- when turned ON, it displays "MODEL 1 FS1" and no function at the top is lit up. So far so good.
- when I press ENTER down, nothing changes
- when I turn ENTER either way, nothing happens
- when I press END, nothing happens
- when I press BACK, "ERR" is displayed for about 1 second, then some numbers appear, like "867" or "794"
- when I press CHANNEL-3, All data on the display lights up for about 1 second, such as "LOW POWER", CHANNEL" and "MODEL" all at the same time for about 1 second.
- I can not get the functions to light up at the top of the screen at all.

When fiddling around with the controls one time I was able to get it to show the voltage (11.9V) and the "NAME" function lit up. I proceeded to try changing the letters in the model name but it would only change the first letter. The next time I powered it up it had erased that letter and reverted to "FS1". I have never been able to get any functions to light up after that one time.

After all this I decided it may be a bad connection, so I carefully opened the case, removed the display and re-seated all the plug-in connectors. After re-assembly there was no change at all. Is there any way this radio can be totally reset somehow? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Fred
tictac80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:51 PM   #4844

Hey, can I still get a kit for for my gt3c?

Very interested, and paypal ready
RockyTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:42 AM   #4845
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
No problem I'll help when I can.
I also need to thank you for that link. I got this control in the mail yesterday and searching for it in here led me to you posting this link, and whoopsiedoopsie now I allready know how to test, set up and use the gt3b I just got
sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:47 AM   #4846
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy View Post
I also need to thank you for that link. I got this control in the mail yesterday and searching for it in here led me to you posting this link, and whoopsiedoopsie now I allready know how to test, set up and use the gt3b I just got
I love these radios, for the money can't be beat. Your welcome.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #4847

I keep getting the message that the swim is not communicating. I've checked connections. Tried without and with batteries and power switch on and off. Not sure what I'm missing. Red light is on on st link till I get the error. And controller beeps until I try to read it. Any suggestions? I've read 4k posts and still nogo. Thanks so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
mrbuggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #4848

Hey Guys,

Forgive if I am in the wrong thread. I am new to this hobby and I know I'm joined too late, I could tell by how far the very first post was created lol.

So I just got my first pistol type radio which is a modded GT3C with 4 additional channels. They call it DASMIKRO customized GT3C which basically has a 4 channel PPM expander board inside.

I want to be able to assign/reassign channels on those additional pots and switches.
My question is, can I flash it with the latest PSX custom firmware version 0.6.1 with no issue?

Thank you for yoir help.
flatronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:20 AM   #4849
Quarry Creeper

All depends on which DASMIKRO version you have of the Flysky GT3C. There are different versions.

1. DasMikro Customized 8CH Firmware PSX0.6.1 Flysky GT3C Transmitter
https://www.banggood.com/DasMikro-Cu...r_warehouse=CN
This is just the Flysky GT3C with the hacked software, it does not have the toggle and switch options. You program the buttons that are already on the transmitter. So it is a 8 channel radio through firmware update.

2. Dasmikro Customized 8 Channel Flysky GT3C Transmitter Toogle Switch 3 Position Adjustable
https://www.banggood.com/Dasmikro-Cu...r_warehouse=CN
Quote:
This is a FLYSKY GT3C RC transmitter original firmware added 5 channel PPM expander PCB. It keeps the first channel, second channel and third channel, adding 5 channels from channel 4 to channel 8, in this case you could bind FLYSKY 8CH receiver to use all 8 channels. (channel 1, channel 2, channel 3 are from GT3C original, channel 4 and channel 5 are 3 position toggle switch, channel 7 and channel 8 are potentiometers.)

- Channel 4 toggle switch 3 positons could be adjusted directly on the transmitter
- Channel 5 toggle and channel 6 switch 3 positons could be adjusted on the PPM expander PCB
- This transmitter is ideal for users who wants simple operation on 8 channels with toggle switch 3 positon adjustable function
3. DasMikro PSX0.6.1 Flysky GT3C Transmitter 8CH With Position Toggle Switch External Potentiometers
https://www.banggood.com/DasMikro-PS...r_warehouse=CN
Quote:
This is a FLYSKY GT3C RC transmitter stock hardware with customized PSX0.6.1 firmware. It could bind with FLYSKY 3CH, 6CH and 8CH receivers. It add a 4 channel PPM expander PCB and keep the CH1- CH4 channel from PSX0.6.1 firmware, adding 4 channels from channel 5 to channel 8, in this case you could bind FLYSKY 8CH receiver to use all 8 channels. (channel 1, channel 2, channel 3 and channel 4 are from GT3C PSX0.6.1 firmware, channel 5 and channel 6 are external 3 position toggle switch, channel 7 and channel 8 are external potentiometers.
1.Programmed with customized PSX0.6.1 firmware
2.Steering and throttle potentiometer was calibrated
3.Battery voltage was calibrated
4.Test model M00 was set to 4CH, CH3.TRIM control CH3 CH3 Button controls CH4

PSX0.6.1 Firmware Information:The 0.6.1 Firmware for the Flysky GT3B and Flysky GT3C is an open source firmware written by psx. This firmware has been through numerous revisions. The original intent of the firmware was to fix the bugs the stock firmware has, an example of a bug is the exponential function doesn't function like the traditional expo setting on other transmitters. Over time the firmware was completely rewritten to add functionality well beyond what is traditionally offered in any budget radio. Some of these additional features are:
1.2-8 Channels
2.60 Model Memory
3.Key Mapping (Assign ANY key to operate ANY function)
4.Timers
5.Adjustable Inactivity and Low Voltage Alarms
6.Dual ESC Mixing for MOA Crawlers, Tanks, Boats, Robots....
7.4WS Mixing for RC vehicles that have front and rear axle steering
8.Channel Turn and Return Speed
4. Dasmikro 6 Channel Expander DIY Kit For Flysky GT3B GT3C
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dasm...42939207EbNqCc
This was a DIY kit to turn a stock Flysky GT3C 3 channel radio into a 8 channel. It involved soldering and making modifications to the GT3C to instal te switches. There was a A and B version if I am correct. With one version you kept the 3th channel button function and in the other version it is replaced by a switch.

If you have option 1 or 3 it already has the PSX firmware upgrade. If you have option 2 or 4, it was not supposed to be updated with the PSX firmware, but designed for the Flysky 3 channel firmware. I might be wrong here, but that is as far as I am aware of. Not quite sure if you can turn option 2 into option 3 with the firmware upgrade. I have 5 GT3Cs and I did upgrade them all with the PSX firmware.

There is also a a GT3 topic (several), more information on the Dasmikro will be in there.

Last edited by Cesco; 05-16-2019 at 03:22 AM.
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #4850

Mine is the same with #2. Stock GT3C firmware with additonal 4 toggle switches and pots using the PPM expander board. I wish I could flash it and make it the same as #3.

I did search the net already but found limitted result about GT3C with DASMIKCRO version.
This is the best thread/forum I found next is rctech.net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco View Post
All depends on which DASMIKRO version you have of the Flysky GT3C. There are different versions.

2. Dasmikro Customized 8 Channel Flysky GT3C Transmitter Toogle Switch 3 Position Adjustable
https://www.banggood.com/Dasmikro-Cu...r_warehouse=CN

If you have option 1 or 3 it already has the PSX firmware upgrade. If you have option 2 or 4, it was not supposed to be updated with the PSX firmware, but designed for the Flysky 3 channel firmware. I might be wrong here, but that is as far as I am aware of. Not quite sure if you can turn option 2 into option 3 with the firmware upgrade. I have 5 GT3Cs and I did upgrade them all with the PSX firmware.

There is also a a GT3 topic (several), more information on the Dasmikro will be in there.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:14 AM   #4851

Physically, mine looks exactly the same as #3. On the banggod description it says "Key Mapping (Assign ANY key to operate ANY function)". This in way give me clue that has the same hardware hack as mine with normal PSX 0.6.1 firmware.

If only I could find someone that owns one of #3 and could extract the firmware and upload it somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco View Post

3. DasMikro PSX0.6.1 Flysky GT3C Transmitter 8CH With Position Toggle Switch External Potentiometers
https://www.banggood.com/DasMikro-PS...r_warehouse=CN

Old 06-15-2019, 06:50 AM   #4852

Hey Guys,

Anybody has a GT3C custom firmware that would work with GT3C that has the 4 channel ppm extension board they could share?

Thanks a lot!
Old 07-03-2019, 05:40 AM   #4853

Afaik, its the same 0.6.1 software. I hacked my gt3c, updated the reverse menu wheel and such, then saved that copy to pc. I assume that would work better for everyone with gt3c but don't know why its not been done before.

I wish i could find someone with a comprehensive understanding of how the Dasmikro expander boards work and their variants. I need help with a project that would benefit the RC community greatly. Trust. Please get hold of me if you do.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
Atom Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:52 PM   #4854
Got Worms?

The Dasmikro expander boards probably just inject the channels into the ppm stream going to the transmit module.....But i've never bought one to see. Firmware upgrade is a much better option in my opinion.

Also, 0.6.1 firmware allows you to reverse the scroll wheel in the Global Menu

Last edited by losikid; 07-12-2019 at 09:54 PM.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #4855

Hey Guys, saw your responses just now and thought I should provide info of what I've done.

So mine was a GT3C with the 4 channel expander board with stock firmware. The expander board inside the transmitter is basically tap to the PPM output pin of the transmitter board and separate the channels. So the Expander board is basically a PPM decoder.

There's a resistor with refdes R13 with value of 5.1KOhms that was removed on the board and it's right on one of the 4pins where you connect the STLINK. I first though this was necessary or else the PPM decoder won't work but that was just my theory since I couldn't really find any info on this MOD anywhere online. But I believe this was done primarily to prevent the owner from flashing it with custom firmware due to the fact that dasmikro is also selling a version of this transmitter with both the expander board and custom firmware installed as well which I found out about when I already bought mine.

So frustrated and really wanted to be able to use use the custom firmware with the fixes and other goodies, after finding out the value of the R13 resistor I went ahead and install the missing resistor and proceeded with the plan. I was able to back up the stock pre-installed firmware and flashed the custom firmware without any issue. The entire process went smoothly.

Guess what!? the transmitter booted and work just fine. The 4 channel expander board still works while also having the benefits of the custom firmware. I now have a 7 Channels GT3C... default channels 1 and 2 then I reassigned channel 3 as trim for channel 2(forward) and channels 4,5,6 and 7 from the expander board that are pots and 3 way switches assigned to do other things. This way I don't have to mess with the default functions of the other buttons on the transmitter.

Last edited by flatronics; 07-28-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:23 PM   #4856

Can somebody please answer a couple of questions? I just want to make sure I got things straight in my head.

I've found the below Transmitter on Aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32840643597.html

So this would be the GT3C with the custom firmware that allow up to 8 channel control using the stock buttons without any additional switches or pots?

I want it to work like the one in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIoLgmI1xw

Lastly, what is the best receiver to get to use with the GT3C 8 Channel?

Thanks.
GForce2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:47 PM   #4857

Yes, the one you link has the custom firmware preinstalled and without ports and switches installed. I am not sure though if it has the other 5 channels pre set-up already.

Not sure of the best 8 channel rx for this butnI only know couple of choices. There's FS-R8B, Dasmikro 8 Channel Flysky RX. The one in the video which is a Turnigy RX 9X8C which is a rebranded FS-R8B I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce2010 View Post
Can somebody please answer a couple of questions? I just want to make sure I got things straight in my head.

I've found the below Transmitter on Aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32840643597.html

So this would be the GT3C with the custom firmware that allow up to 8 channel control using the stock buttons without any additional switches or pots?

I want it to work like the one in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIoLgmI1xw

Lastly, what is the best receiver to get to use with the GT3C 8 Channel?

Thanks.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:36 PM   #4858
vqh

Hi,

Seems that I can't find answer to my problem from earlier posts.

After completing firmware update I won't be able to calibrate CH1 left direction. It just keeps blinking in calibration mode. The value from steering potentiometer is changing though.

Also it seems I won't be able to enter key-test menu where it's needed to turn steering to left.

Any ideas?

Edit: CH1 readings in calibration menu are from left to right around 350-900, if that matters.

Last edited by vqh; 08-09-2019 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Additional information
vqh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:07 AM   #4859

Is it possible to setup a pair of trim buttons to trigger 2 channels?
GForce2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:35 AM   #4860
Pebble Pounder

Guys looking to get a gt3c to get the full channel operation (8channels?) which one should I buy?
subspd is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM