Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin FXR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Tekin FXR

I have just Ordered a tekin fxr esc and i was wondering if i will be able to use my castle link on it?
alexis.jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

This might be a first.

No.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

No you need a hotwire from tekin
RockMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thank you lol
alexis.jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexis.jones View Post
I have just Ordered a Tekin fxr esc and I was wondering if I will be able to use my Castle Link on it?
Can you use it? SURE!
Will it work? Nooooooooo
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
WAM
Rock Crawler

Okay, so rather than start another lambasted thread, let me expose my ignorance to this one. I just bought a pair of Crawlmasters and FRX's for an XR. Do I have to get a Hotwire or is that just a convenience? Is there a button-pushing way to set the things I'm going to need to set? Counting flashes, that sort of thing.

If I need it I'll buy it. Just askin....
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:02 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

buying the hotwire is well worth it!!
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Okay, so rather than start another lambasted thread, let me expose my ignorance to this one. I just bought a pair of Crawlmasters and FRX's for an XR. Do I have to get a Hotwire or is that just a convenience? Is there a button-pushing way to set the things I'm going to need to set? Counting flashes, that sort of thing.

If I need it I'll buy it. Just askin....
You don't need the Hotwire but it is useful for fine tuning a few parameters mostly for setting the LVC for something other than 3V/cell.

Sounds like you have had Novaks, Castle or LRP speed controls when you say counting leds. The Tekin is unlike those because you don't need to count only move the led to the value you want by function. It's very easy to use and to check what the settings are. It's all explained clearly in the manual.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #9
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
You don't need the Hotwire but it is useful for fine tuning a few parameters mostly for setting the LVC for something other than 3V/cell.

Sounds like you have had Novaks, Castle or LRP speed controls when you say counting leds. The Tekin is unlike those because you don't need to count only move the led to the value you want by function. It's very easy to use and to check what the settings are. It's all explained clearly in the manual.

Reading posts with "hotwire" in the title revealed 1) Many people have computer trouble with it. 2) Nearly everything useful can be done without it. 3) You need it to download software updates from Tekin, which are apparently worthwhile.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Very well worth it, plus if you have a lab top you can take it with you to your crawl spot and dial it in even better.
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #11
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
Very well worth it, plus if you have a lab top you can take it with you to your crawl spot and dial it in even better.
Yeah...well. I'm pretty low on the learning curve. I think it will be a while before optimizing anything will do me any good. I do have every intention of getting there though.

For now I think I'll keep an eye on the classifieds and see if something pops up. Anyone want to sell one, hit my pm.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:00 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Best thing about the hotwire is twofold,

1 you can download updated firmware

2 you can set up different throttle profiles, if you have got a basic TX that doesnt have exponetial and or throttle curves for the ESC channel.
igbandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Reading posts with "hotwire" in the title revealed 1) Many people have computer trouble with it. 2) Nearly everything useful can be done without it. 3) You need it to download software updates from Tekin, which are apparently worthwhile.
Most HotWire problems are on the user's computer, I've diagnosed many that were either firewall/security settings or they just didn't know what they were doing with downloading and such. It's really a very simple software.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

I have to agree with TY here. I've installed this app on several OS's and computers and haven't had any issues.
SMR4RUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:25 AM   #15
RCC Addict

The only problem I ever encountered involved a USB communications controller in a laptops docking station. The docking station's USB controller was overriding the laptop's and was breaking the update link.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #16
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
Most HotWire problems are on the user's computer, I've diagnosed many that were either firewall/security settings or they just didn't know what they were doing with downloading and such. It's really a very simple software.
Heh, a dozen people have had problems. But there are probably hundreds who didn't. They just don't tend to write in.

My Vista laptop is kinda old, full and grouchy. (Not unlike myself ) But if I need assistance when the time comes, I know who to ask.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Heh, a dozen people have had problems. But there are probably hundreds who didn't. They just don't tend to write in.

My Vista laptop is kinda old, full and grouchy. (Not unlike myself ) But if I need assistance when the time comes, I know who to ask.
Yeah Vista was kind of a bish because of the 'Virtual Store' they used, it refused to update older version of the HW and we had to do it manually..
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote