Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Airtronics 4 channel TX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 12:29 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Airtronics 4 channel TX

Anyone here use Airtronics M11 4 channel radio systems? I currently have 3 channel. Sold most of my off road race vehicles but kept the radio. So now seeing people run dual ESC due to frustration with the M2, I am on the hunt to see if anyone uses the M11 4 channel system.

Just like the radio due to it is what I have mainly owned and its very complex and easy to use.
Rok Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rok Krawl View Post
Anyone here use Airtronics M11 4 channel radio systems? I currently have 3 channel. Sold most of my off road race vehicles but kept the radio. So now seeing people run dual ESC due to frustration with the M2, I am on the hunt to see if anyone uses the M11 4 channel system.

Just like the radio due to it is what I have mainly owned and its very complex and easy to use.
Not sure, but I read the manual once and I didn't think it had a true 4th channel. Thought it was mixed in for brakes only?
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have one. Been my trusted radio for about 7 years now. I love it. I have it setup on my berg with twin FXR's. Graet bias control and dig control. I should have my new module in the next few days so I can use 2.4ghz on my new super. Old super was run on FM. Four channel works great for a super.

Psychomonkey RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomonkey RC View Post
I have one. Been my trusted radio for about 7 years now. I love it. I have it setup on my berg with twin FXR's. Graet bias control and dig control. I should have my new module in the next few days so I can use 2.4ghz on my new super. Old super was run on FM. Four channel works great for a super.

I had M8 but that was back in the day when I used to race. I sold it and got the M11 several years ago when they came out.

So I like this radio and wanted to stick with it since I know how to program it.

Didn't want to have to use any stick radios. And didnt want to buy a cheap off brand system that would fall apart or have issues a few months down the road. Saw to many issues with Associated RTR vehicles. They use the cheapest electronics.

So I will start looking for the 4 channel version to see how much
I can get one for.

I want four channel so I dont have to buy extra electrical components and mount on truck just for dig, etc.

Hopefully can sell my M11 for maybe half of new one.

What model do you have? I see this one on tower hobbies.com

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWYX7&P=ML

Last edited by Rok Krawl; 06-22-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Rok Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:14 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I have seen elsewhere that people are selling off their M11 to get a nice lightweight MT4 instead. Not sure, but this may even make more sense for a crawler if you are trying to stick with Airtronics.
wantAsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yup. That is the one I have. The wife has the new MT-4. She really likes how lite it is. I just can not get used to the feel of it, and my dig buttons are different. It is a very nice radio though. I have it setup on my super at the moment untill my 4 channel receiver comes in.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

[Quote] So I will start looking for the 4 channel version to see how much
I can get one for.

I want four channel so I dont have to buy extra electrical components and mount on truck just for dig, etc. [Quote]

This is what I did to use all four channels.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWYY0&P=7

Mine started as FM then switched to Spektrum and now have the Airtronics 2.4ghz version.