Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New question for device link,need help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New question for device link,need help.

Hello everyone,I'm new to here and I just got XR10 from amainhobbies. Now I have two FXR esc,one cc bec,two HH 45T motors and one HITEC 7950 servo,plus 3S 35C 1100 lipo . So my question is what shall'd I do with these device on my rig connection?

Am I right for below steps?

1) Setup CC BEC to 7.4V output, (+)( -) wires weld to battery and other end direct into RX.

2) Weld two FXR (+)(-) wires with battery together and take off power wire dual into RX CH1 and CH2

3) HITEC 7950 direct into RX.(Does it work with 7.4V now?)

I dont have good english words put here,but I think you can understand what I saying rightnow

Any suggestion please.

Thanks

Song
dexcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Make sure your servos can handle 7.4V.... just looked up your servo and it shows that it can handle 7.4V so you are good there.

Some people bypass receiver and hook servos directly to BEC. This is what I will do when mine comes in. Keeps you from possibly burning up other electronics.

You pull the red wire that goes into the ESCs... If you don't need this wire I would take it off completely.

I am not 100% on this but I think recievers can only handle 6V... that is being on the safe side. May be able to handle higher voltage but I do not know that answer.

Almost forgot. What type of battery and ESC connectors are you using? If you have the Tamiya ( white rectangle connector) , cut those off and get you some 2-pin deans connectors or something else. Anything is better than these connectors. Eventually lead to bad connections and higher resistances.

Last edited by Rok Krawl; 06-23-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Rok Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rok Krawl View Post
Make sure your servos can handle 7.4V.... just looked up your servo and it shows that it can handle 7.4V so you are good there.

Some people bypass receiver and hook servos directly to BEC. This is what I will do when mine comes in. Keeps you from possibly burning up other electronics.

You pull the red wire that goes into the ESCs... If you don't need this wire I would take it off completely.

I am not 100% on this but I think recievers can only handle 6V... that is being on the safe side. May be able to handle higher voltage but I do not know that answer.

Almost forgot. What type of battery and ESC connectors are you using? If you have the Tamiya ( white rectangle connector) , cut those off and get you some 2-pin deans connectors or something else. Anything is better than these connectors. Eventually lead to bad connections and higher resistances.

Well,many thanks for your reply. My transmitter is 4PL and recivers may handle 8.4V I think.

But I need make sure dual FXR'S running with 45T motors and supply by 3S battery with CC BEC according to my welding method that may fry it or it will be a safety way for ESC's?

I have two kind of connectors ,one is XT 60 and another is XT 150,also plus three kind of wires,AWG 14,AWG 12 and AWG 10(for savage flux)
Old 06-23-2011, 02:50 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Better make sure. If you guess you may fry your receiver.

About your wiring. You have leads comming off battery to a female connector.

Take the red (+) ESC wires and red (+) wire from BEC and wire together. Do the same with the black (-) wires as well. These will hook up to your male connector.
Make sure you solder the battery wires and ESC / BEC wires correctly. Reverse wires will fry ESCs. Otherwords red on one side of connector matches the red on the battery. Same for the black wires as well.

You have leads that run from your ESCs to receiver. Take off the red wires at one end. Will not be used due to BEC. But leave black and white wires on harness and plug into your RX accordingly.

You then plug your BEC into your RX. This will power the receiver, ESCs and servo.

I will try and find you a drawing to look at. Or maybe someone will post one for me.

I do not know what kind of connectors you have... the xt 60 and 150. I would have to see a pic of them.

Wire it all the same. For what you are doing I myself would just use AWG 12. Make sure its flexible, low resistance wire. If you get wire with fewer strands, could cause flexing
issues on your rig.

Here is a link to the wire that I use.

http://www.wsdeans.com/products/wire/index.html

Last edited by Rok Krawl; 06-23-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Rok Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rok Krawl View Post
Better make sure. If you guess you may fry your receiver.

About your wiring. You have leads comming off battery to a female connector.

Take the red (+) ESC wires and red (+) wire from BEC and wire together. Do the same with the black (-) wires as well. These will hook up to your male connector.
Make sure you solder the battery wires and ESC / BEC wires correctly. Reverse wires will fry ESCs. Otherwords red on one side of connector matches the red on the battery. Same for the black wires as well.

You have leads that run from your ESCs to receiver. Take off the red wires at one end. Will not be used due to BEC. But leave black and white wires on harness and plug into your RX accordingly.

You then plug your BEC into your RX. This will power the receiver, ESCs and servo.

I will try and find you a drawing to look at. Or maybe someone will post one for me.

I do not know what kind of connectors you have... the xt 60 and 150. I would have to see a pic of them.

Wire it all the same. For what you are doing I myself would just use AWG 12. Make sure its flexible, low resistance wire. If you get wire with fewer strands, could cause flexing
issues on your rig.

Here is a link to the wire that I use.

http://www.wsdeans.com/products/wire/index.html
Thank you very much for your reply again and waiting for your pic as well.

Song
Old 06-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
Official Cook of the ECC

Futaba rec's from the 4PL are high volt rec's. No worries about the voltage, straight from Harley and the spec sheet.
I am running mine at 7.6 right into the rec. with no issues.

Don't go overkill on wire size, it is not needed.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Allow me to make suggestion, use short aileron servo extensions and cut the red wire on these rather than the ESC's wire. The reason is that if you ever want to use Tekin's Hotwire you will need the red wire attached.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote