Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Glitching HITEC 7950Th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Glitching HITEC 7950Th

set-up
Mamba Max Pro set with internal bec at 7.0v also tried 6.0v in a scaler. MMP is set for brushed motor w/ reverse.

I have tried 3 RXs thinking that was the deal. The Hitec 7950TH is brand new but I have come to the conclusion that it is the issue.

When the rig is turned on and you throttle everything is now fine, but steering all you do is get alot of twitching.

Do I just need to run a external castle bec for the 7950th to work properly??
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'll point my finger at the radio since you didnt mention what radio your using.

With the servo under load the stock internal bec on the MMP will shut off but it should still work for bench testing.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I believe the CC BEC will fix your issue. When you hit the steering, it drops the RX voltage which causes the glitching. Running a CC BEC direct to the servo should fix this.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Ya I'm thinking the bec too. I will hook one up after work. The radio is a Dx3r. It's just weird b/c I never had a problem that I can remember like this with any 5995 or 7995s.
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I had the same exact problem and the cc bec fixed it right away
PowerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:11 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

interesting... i had the same problem, had the BEC installed and it was still doing the same thing. So i cut the voltage back to stock on the servo and it's been all good. I just stay away from turning the voltage up.
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
RCC Addict

MMP's BEC is only three amps, 7950 can pull 10 or so. I've had good luck running 5645's on MMP's but 7950's were a no go. Turn the voltage to 8.4 on a CC BEC and you'll be fine.

concretejungle, I've had an issue with MMP/7950/CC BEC/Losi 2.4 Rx where it glitched unless the signal and ground were plugged into the Rx, signal only like I've done in other setups glitched. But I've never saw an issue due to voltage, 8.4 volts is stock, it's designed to run direct off 2s lipo.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
MMP's BEC is only three amps, 7950 can pull 10 or so. I've had good luck running 5645's on MMP's but 7950's were a no go. Turn the voltage to 8.4 on a CC BEC and you'll be fine.

concretejungle, I've had an issue with MMP/7950/CC BEC/Losi 2.4 Rx where it glitched unless the signal and ground were plugged into the Rx, signal only like I've done in other setups glitched. But I've never saw an issue due to voltage, 8.4 volts is stock, it's designed to run direct off 2s lipo.
Depending on what Rx/Tx he is using, turning up to 8.4 volts may not be a good idea if he is running the BEC back through the Rx and out to the servo. Since he didnt state what Rx/Tx he was using I would ask for that info before or run the BEC power to the servo and use the power from the ESC to power the Rx and not worry about overloading the Rx
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:36 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Depending on what Rx/Tx he is using, turning up to 8.4 volts may not be a good idea if he is running the BEC back through the Rx and out to the servo. Since he didnt state what Rx/Tx he was using I would ask for that info before or run the BEC power to the servo and use the power from the ESC to power the Rx and not worry about overloading the Rx
Your correct, I assumed since he had it at seven volts before the Rx was a 7.4v (really 8.4v) Rx. Either way I don't run my servo power threw the Rx anyways, not for fear of voltage, but the insane amount of Amps these big servos pull.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
Your correct, I assumed since he had it at seven volts before the Rx was a 7.4v (really 8.4v) Rx. Either way I don't run my servo power threw the Rx anyways, not for fear of voltage, but the insane amount of Amps these big servos pull.

Never know... could be running DSM1 that really doesnt like to be over 6 volts. Just a thought Either or the OP should be posting up all his info and not half of it to get a whole answer
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote