Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: no response at all..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Exclamation no response at all..

a couple days ago i was having issues with my controller... come to find out it seems as though the thing burned up. Now i have no response in the truck at all. I am running a Tazer 15T ESC, Peak racing motor, and JRacing steering, with a Futaba 2.4GHz receiver and Futaba 2.4GHz Magnum 3pm remote (which burned up). Now i have a little racing car that has a Duratrax AM 2 channel receiver with a duratrax remote... I plugged this is in to my truck... got nothing.. except the remote turning on. I switched batteries thinking mine was dead... Still nothing at all. So i put the Duratrax system back in my car just to make sure it was working... and it works like a champ. So thats a little run down of what happened. Now in your guys opinion.. do you think its possible when the Futaba Magnum burned up... do you think that it could have fried the whole system in my truck?

sorry for the long post.. and hope you can read and understand with ease... any help would be great! thanks guys
phre0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by phre0n View Post
a couple days ago i was having issues with my controller... come to find out it seems as though the thing burned up. Now i have no response in the truck at all. I am running a Tazer 15T ESC, Peak racing motor, and JRacing steering, with a Futaba 2.4GHz receiver and Futaba 2.4GHz Magnum 3pm remote (which burned up). Now i have a little racing car that has a Duratrax AM 2 channel receiver with a duratrax remote... I plugged this is in to my truck... got nothing.. except the remote turning on. I switched batteries thinking mine was dead... Still nothing at all. So i put the Duratrax system back in my car just to make sure it was working... and it works like a champ. So thats a little run down of what happened. Now in your guys opinion.. do you think its possible when the Futaba Magnum burned up... do you think that it could have fried the whole system in my truck?

sorry for the long post.. and hope you can read and understand with ease... any help would be great! thanks guys
I have never had a radio system burned up. Sounds like the BEC in your ESC. Get a 4.8 or 6V battery and plug directly into your RX. Unplug your main battery and pull wire from RX that goes to the ESC when you do this test. You should get power to your servos. If this works then you know your TX and RX works and you have issues with the BEC built into ESC.

If the test works try this. Plug in everything like normal. Then unplug the red wire on the harness that runs from your RX to ESC. Plug in battery into RX. Turn switch on ESC. If your system works like normal, then its the internal BEC of the ESC that is burned up....
Rok Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rok Krawl View Post
I have never had a radio system burned up. Sounds like the BEC in your ESC. Get a 4.8 or 6V battery and plug directly into your RX. Unplug your main battery and pull wire from RX that goes to the ESC when you do this test. You should get power to your servos. If this works then you know your TX and RX works and you have issues with the BEC built into ESC.

If the test works try this. Plug in everything like normal. Then unplug the red wire on the harness that runs from your RX to ESC. Plug in battery into RX. Turn switch on ESC. If your system works like normal, then its the internal BEC of the ESC that is burned up....

thanks a lot, ill give it a shot and see what happens.. i took the remote apart, and on one of the boards you can actually see burn marks from when it fried or whatever happened...
phre0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

well thats a 1st in my books. Can you send it in for manufacture defect?
Rok Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote