Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: goat 2s issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 08:41 AM   #1

Unhappy goat 2s issue

I purchased a Goat 2s esc and 55t terra claw motor for my scx-10 about 3 months ago,and just recently it started cutting in and out at all throttle postions,forward and reverse.I use a 6 cell 1800 mah battery. I talked to novak and they said send it in,I really dont want to wait so anyone else have this problem and if so how did you fix it? Any help would be much appericiated.
scx-12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

probably needs to be sent in because the goat 3s are known for bad mofset (whatever the heck that is).
concretejungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Please email me when you get a minute. Thanks.

csuangka@teamnovak.com
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
RCC Addict

First do the one touch and reprogram (Goat's have a bad habit of losing settings). Also Goats do that with only a splash of water and it stops when they dry, I've had to take the case apart and let it air dry overnight before. If neither of those work good chance the motor is done for, try a new motor. Also what servo's are you running and have you added or changed any (LED's, winches etc. also)? I was alright powering an 8711 off the internal BEC but had to add a CC BEC when I added a dig servo. What radio are you using? Goats only like 2.4 and will give you fits with AM.
indiana mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana mudcat View Post
First do the one touch and reprogram (Goat's have a bad habit of losing settings). Also Goats do that with only a splash of water and it stops when they dry, I've had to take the case apart and let it air dry overnight before. If neither of those work good chance the motor is done for, try a new motor. Also what servo's are you running and have you added or changed any (LED's, winches etc. also)? I was alright powering an 8711 off the internal BEC but had to add a CC BEC when I added a dig servo. What radio are you using? Goats only like 2.4 and will give you fits with AM.
+1.

Also check the motor brushes, they may be worn or dirty and causing issues. They don't run forever without at least a little help/maintenance along the way.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:07 AM   #6

I did the one touch reprogram didnt help.I havnt had it through any water because i hear you get to see a smoke show if the goat gets wet. I pulled the motor out and it feels smooth like the day I bought it,but ill try a new one anyway. Im running a stock AS-2 servo without a dig. And im using a am radio.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scx-12 View Post
I'm using a AM radio.
That could be most of your issue right there.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #8

It could be but why would it do it now as opposed to when i bought it.when i bought it, it worked perfectly and now 3 months later its all glitchy and cutting out. It makes no sense to me.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Often times, connections weaken, things wear, battery packs change, so problems that were not there when everything was New, show up later.

AM is one of the worse for this, as well, they pick up all kinds of noise. I've seen jinky white tamiya plugs make an am system freak out.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote