Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Feeler: wantAmix PRO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
Got Worms?

Default Feeler: wantAmix PRO

I'm sure you all know what the wantmix is, if you don't its an adapter that plugs into an rx and turns a dx3r and 3pmx into a radio that control dual esc and have dig and proportional control, and any other 3 pos 3rd channel radio can control dual escs and have dig.

Anyways i'm getting tired of hand assembling these, so i'm working on getting a batch of thats mostly machine assembled. If i'm going to invest 2-3k into these i want to make them the best possible, so since 3tp adapters barely sell i'm going to redesign these so they are delightfully overkill.

The biggest change is i will eliminate the pots, it will be fully digital, if your radio doesn't have trim and epa's, then you probably don't need this adapter.

I'll also swap over to low profile headers. What this will do is eliminate the servo leads coming out, the esc's will plug directly into it, and there will be a leads included to connect it to your rx.

The layout will also be completely redesigned to take up the least amount of space possible.

So in conclusion there will be

-major weight loss
-smaller package (not much bigger than 4 servo plugs "shock"
-Immune to weather conditions and vibrations adjusting neutral points.

And to top it all off, it'll get cheaper, up to 25%

So who wants one?

I'm working on the new layout, i'll be able to get final dims here in the next few weeks, and hopefully the code and Gerber files made in the next month or so. In between now and and lmk if you want one. Because as of right now, i honestly don't have the money to invest. I have a few options to get these made. But interest will determine which path i'll take and the amount of time it takes to get them in my hand. So tell me, if your interested or want one.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 05:09 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Count me in...the adapter itself opened up a whole new page for crawling and made it easy to mix up with my Dx3r. I would love to see your new idea....
.great little product.
bquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
mrG
RCC Addict

I'd be interested
mrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:02 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Cool

If I already have a WannAmix for use with my 3PM-x, what would I gain from the "Pro" other then:
-buying more stuff from you
-losing some size

Just curious.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
If I already have a WannAmix for use with my 3PM-x, what would I gain from the "Pro" other then:
-buying more stuff from you
-losing some size

Just curious.
mostly size and weight, the pro will be alot lighter, because 2 servo leads will be zapped, 3 pots will vanish, and the board will become smaller, possibly even smaller compo nets too. So this will add up to a major weight loss, were only talking maybe a quarter of an oz, but when the whole thing w/ bubble envelope weighs .9-1 oz shipped thats alot of weight saved. And i see people all the time trying to lower everything as much as possible, even if that means dropping a bat or something a 1/16 of an inch. And it'll fit in more places

Also theres been afew reports, that the original wantamix, will creep just slightly, so from one day to next your gambling on how strong your drag brake is. My best guess thats causing this is the pots, as the weather can cause slight variations in it which will lead that small change, also small vibrations may cause the little trimmers to rotate just a touch. So eliminating the pots will get rid of this problem, and it should be easier to set up. In its stock form it should work with a fresh new model, but if it doesn't you would have to adjust your trims and epa's to make the led's light up.

I'm pretty much trying to improve/redeisgn every aspect of it, sure it oes its job right now, but i gotta make it overkill
Old 07-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
Got Worms?

So i think i finally decided on a layout, i still need to see if i can get the tracks to work, but dims should be

7/8" long x 5/8" wide, and 5/16" tall. And this includes the plugs, so you'll just have 2 servo wires going in, and 2 going out to plug into the rx....actually i may just had another idea, i'll see if i can make it smaller,

But the above dims are what size it should be, possibly slightly smaller....and remember your esc's plug directly into it, and 2 plugs will come out to plug into the rx...size wise, imagine this, 4 servo plugs stacked 2 high 2 wide, ok, and then a circuit board beneath them, this is how small it will be
Old 07-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Im interested. I keep telling myself to buy a extra for a backup, I just havent done it yet.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:26 AM   #8
5th D Owner/Driver

Im interested in probably 2 or 3 of these.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #9

I'd buy one - count me in.
lotsalemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Will gladly pre pay! Sounds awesome.

Please keep us updated.

In for sure.
RockDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #11
Got Worms?

So, i'm 90% sure, that all parts will be bought here in the us, circuit boards will be fabbed in the us, and they will be machine assembled here in the us.

However, this will keep the cost the same as current wantamixs, if i was to do it in china, i could drop the price about $10

Still working on getting the money for these...may just have to hand assemble
Old 07-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
TSK
Shelf queen

If it'll work with a dx3c for proportional dig, I'd be very interested.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:13 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Better send me a PM when you want some more money.
sierrajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #14
Got Worms?

Well the company I thought I found for fab spilt the beans and they have their boards fabbed in China too...so I'm going to keep looking for a affordable US fab shop. But I'm unsure if I'll find one
Old 07-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #15
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
If it'll work with a dx3c for proportional dig, I'd be very interested.
I'll look into it...um guessing the mixing features on the 3c are not up to snuff?
Old 07-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #16
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I'll look into it...um guessing the mixing features on the 3c are not up to snuff?
I have no experience with dual sec's or mixing for that matter so I couldn't tell you...
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote