Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak M2 Dig Problem????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Novak M2 Dig Problem????

I have the Novak M2 Dig ESC and two Novak Black 55 turn brushed motors in my XR-10. I bought the truck last fall took a month and a bit to build it as I was buying things along the way. Last week I set up the ESC with the One Touch. First try every thing worked, set up the dig on channel C on my Specktrum DX3R as just front full power or rear full power. I took the truck out to test it all went well till I lost a screw from the steering. When I got home fixed up the steering and re-arranged the ESC and reciever, so I had to un solder the motor wires and re-solder them I touched nothing else.... Now I turn on the truck the steering works butt nothing else, I checked the reciever it's fine any IDEA WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE TO IT???????

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
Needboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

An obvious suggestion, but have you tried re-calibrating the receiver to the controller?

Also, did you wire anything the wrong way round. I lost my first ESC because I missed the fact that I had soldered my power wires on backwards and fried it, plus 2 brand new batteries. Never made this mistake until then, and everyone knows not to do it. But it happens.
Mides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:05 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Did you flip the ESC to RX wire? Dark wire (black or brown) usually goes to the outside edge of the RX.
Does the ESC light up?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Check your motor wires, you may have soldered a front and rear one on the front motor, that would explain the RX getting power but no go.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

The reciever wires are right black to the outside, the motor wires arethe same as when it worked red wire to + black wire to - and the red wire to - and black wire to + on the rear. When I use the One Touch set up all the lights on the ESC light up as they should all the way to step 8, I think in the 3rd channel set up things are going wrong.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Solved the problem, found out the AUX Channel some how is not working on my DX3R there for I could not finish the One Touch progaming, switched radios to one of my DX3E and it works again.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needboost View Post
Solved the problem, found out the AUX Channel some how is not working on my DX3R there for I could not finish the One Touch progaming, switched radios to one of my DX3E and it works again.
Weird, did you try moving the 3rd channel to another switch?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote