Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: good question??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default good question??

ok rc fans, ive got a pretty good question. its a will this work question.
here goes.
ok, so im running a dual motor plate on my axial trans, also running an novak M2 esc to run the motors, i found that i can run either both motors, or one or the other, so this presents a really cool idea but i dont know if it will work. can i run, say a 75t with a 14t pinion and a 35t on a 20t. so i could have a 2 speed trans? i know i can run one or the other but if i turn them both on will one motor fail or overheat? second senario. i run 2 same turn motors but different pinions, there again comes the question, will one overheat or fail? i cant seem to get my head around it so im really looking for help.
ax10newguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax10newguy View Post
ok rc fans, ive got a pretty good question. its a will this work question.
here goes.
ok, so im running a dual motor plate on my axial trans, also running an novak M2 esc to run the motors, i found that i can run either both motors, or one or the other, so this presents a really cool idea but i dont know if it will work. can i run, say a 75t with a 14t pinion and a 35t on a 20t. so i could have a 2 speed trans? i know i can run one or the other but if i turn them both on will one motor fail or overheat? second senario. i run 2 same turn motors but different pinions, there again comes the question, will one overheat or fail? i cant seem to get my head around it so im really looking for help.
Your only really putting more strain on both motors as the motor not only has to spin the driveline but the additional motor which I think the m2 "tries" to lock the motor that is not getting power.
ax-10 crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i set up the m2 with out programming the dig, so i can run each motor independantly or together. but i see your point about it being hard on one motor trying to spin the other free motor. thats why i was thinking a 75t would be good for low end, and a 35t being good for high end. its in a wreckluse chassis thats fully built and really really heavy. im running 2 55t on a 23p. it has gobs of power. im glad the losi amuminum comp rims im using have an excellent beadlock system of i would have pulle d the tires off the rims a few times
ax10newguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

It would be interesting to do as a science project, but I think you'd have more problems than you solved when it came to practical application. I think you'll make the rig too top-heavy to side hill or climb well. It would also be a heavy rig without a drag brake...

A 35T motor has plenty of torque and speed for that rig.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote