Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Problems, Turning Stall & Pulsing Reverse?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Angry Problems, Turning Stall & Pulsing Reverse?!?!

Okay so I posted this issue on my build thread but I will have better hits here. I run the SAME setup my friend does on his SCX10 as far as servo and pack goes, my problem, is when I turn full left I can go, but from about 85% turned right, my rig acts like it dies more and more until it fully stops going when I am 100% right turn. My servo was centered prior to hookup so it cant be that and I know BEC cant be the problem because my friends is the same and his runs fine. What would cause this?

My second problem, is when I reverse, it pulses, I have asked about this problem in the past and couldnt get a solid answer, this problem has occured on 2 of my other rigs, my ax10 and my xr10, what would cause this and how can I fix it?

Thanks guys
EEM-CrawlinMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEM-CrawlinMachine View Post
Okay so I posted this issue on my build thread but I will have better hits here. I run the SAME setup my friend does on his SCX10 as far as servo and pack goes, my problem, is when I turn full left I can go, but from about 85% turned right, my rig acts like it dies more and more until it fully stops going when I am 100% right turn. My servo was centered prior to hookup so it cant be that and I know BEC cant be the problem because my friends is the same and his runs fine. What would cause this?

My second problem, is when I reverse, it pulses, I have asked about this problem in the past and couldnt get a solid answer, this problem has occured on 2 of my other rigs, my ax10 and my xr10, what would cause this and how can I fix it?

Thanks guys

Your questions lacks the information we need to help!

Motor-?
ESC-?
BEC-?
Radio-?
Battery(type, voltage)-?
Servo-?

More information about what you're running will help solve the issues.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Integy V11 55t Motor
LRP AI f/b/r esc
standard 7.4v 6pack nimh (pro-tec 4200)
Savox 1258tg Servo
No bec (got the servo because I hate becs and my friend runs the same setup w/o one)
RC4WD XR4 Radio & TX
Old 07-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Back end points off a little bit it seems that the servo is pulling a lot of amperage maybe because end points are not set correctly, also add a spektrum capacitor part no spm1600 so that the rx does not brown out and make the truck glitch. I had that problem and the capacitor took care of it.

Jorge
teamvaladezhobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Ive been in this hobby for over a year and am just totlly lost on what end points are and where to adjust them and what they even do lol
Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Integy V11 55t Motor
LRP AI f/b/r esc
standard 7.4v 6pack nimh (pro-tec 4200)
Savox 1258tg Servo
No bec (got the servo because I hate becs and my friend runs the same setup w/o one)
RC4WD XR4 Radio & TX
Quote:
Ive been in this hobby for over a year and am just totlly lost on what end points are and where to adjust them and what they even do lol

In plain terms, endpoints allow you to adjust the throw of the servo.

Next, go buy a BEC. Just because your friend doesn't have one, doesn't mean you don't. Do it right. I bet between the ESC, Servo and motor, you're drawing too many amps. Once you add a BEC you'll never run without again.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #7
RCC Addict

end points adjust how far your servo will go left or right, you can adjust them thru your TX. as for a BEC its well worth the 20 bucks i wasnt using one either but as soon as i installed it i noticed an improvement right away. just something to think about.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

End point adjustments (EPA) is how far the radio lets the servo move. For example, on my XR10 I have my EPA set to around 45% of the total because any more than that makes the tires rub on the shocks too much. When you turn full lock, are your tires hitting something and not moving? That load makes the servo draw a lot of amperage so without a BEC, the ESC directs the current to what is drawing it the most, which at that time is the servo and not the motors.

You adjust EPA on you radio generally. I have no experience with yours, but someone else here would know.

I hope I helped.
Mides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Everyone was posting a reply at the same time. ^^^^^
Mides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Awesome info thanks guys, I have ran a bec before but my solders were gross because I could not get the wires soldered good with the other wires, but a Y harness can fix that I know. The thing that throws me off, is that I ran 2 tekins and a bec with a WantaSummits MOA mix unit and it pulsed like that in reverse, but when I switched to punk dig, it went away. So when I adjust my steering EPAs would it read Steering EPA and how do I know what to adjust it to?

Thanks guys all great usefull info for sure
Old 07-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
RCC Addict

yes its steering EPA,put your truck on a stand when you adjust your EPA have everything on and turn your steering right to left, then you can see how far your servo travels in either direction. hope that makes sense
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I may b getting the just of things now, my steering EPA is 100% then under it, it says L.F.U which I have no idea what that is, it can also go past 100%, should i try a certain number range to start and go from there maybe?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #13
RCC Addict

There's no set range it's a matter of when the steering hits something and stops the servo.

Put the truck up on something as mentioned before and turn the wheel full right and look to see if something hits before the servo stops. Check the tires against the links/shocks and the arm on the knuckle on the left side(sometimes they can hit the axle case or a screw on some rigs). Then do the left side the same way.

If the EPA is set to high the steering stops but the servo is still trying to move which causes a load and eventually a burned out servo. The idea is to set the EPA as close to that point as you can so the servo stops before hitting anything. Once you figure out what your steering hits first then you know where to look when setting the EPAs.

Edit:
Here's a link to the manual. Scroll down past the decent looking blonde and the link is at the bottom.
http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-XR4-4-C...ver_p_676.html

Last edited by SINister; 07-19-2011 at 01:45 PM.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Okay thanks, I am hoping that is its just the servo epa not adjusted right because I dont have $$ for a bec and have a local run this thursday...