Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: I am lost with this radio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 05:02 AM   #1

Default I am lost with this radio

Hi all, hope you are well. I have been snooping around this top site for a little while now but have been quiet so as not to sound too nooby.

Time has come however to ask the gurus a question and try to get an issue sorted.

the issue I am having is with with my nice new berg and the poxy TX I have and the issue is with regards to switching across the dig.

to set the scine I have a;

berg,
castle sidwinder,
punk dig,
v2 chass,
3s lipos,
and a bunch of other bits of no bearing to my troubles.

The issue is with this http://toyabipro.com/catalog/?d-127.html I think it is a heap of snot but that maybe because I cant make it work as it should.

basicly, I cant work out how to simply switch between front, rear and 4wd. I can stuff about activating menus and modes to get CH3 to function the dig but it is a horses a.s.s. (australian slang) I am starting to doubt the way I have the reciver setup.

another strange thing is, for no apparent reason forward drag brake vanishes and I cant workout why. have any of you chaps played with this Radio? amy I barking up the wrong tree and need to get a new one or have I got some sort of syndrome preventing me from seeing somthing obveous

ps. sorry for the spelling, I tried to make spell check work
Dougie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Yea that probably doesnt have a 3 position 3rd channel. I have never seen anything about them before and I would suggest going with a radio from a major manufacturer.

You have spent quite a bit of money and being cheap on radio gear isnt the best plan.

There are some decent starter radios that will do everything you need, I would recommend a Spektrum DX3c as it will grow with you(and your collection of rc's) and you can use it down the road for dual esc's. There are others out there, all you really need is a 3ch radio that has a 3 position 3rd channel to run the punk dig.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

If you find that the third channel will only give you two positions, I make an alternative to the Punk Dig. This one will let you operate it with a two position third channel.
MOA Dig Controller for Two Position Channel
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #4

3 position 3rd ch, it didnt even click. this radio is to be retired to a tube truck. As i wish to have a go at Combat Wings, that seem to be popular in the states i think a dx6 is the way to go.

thanks for the words fellers it now makes better sence
Dougie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie R View Post
3 position 3rd ch, it didnt even click. this radio is to be retired to a tube truck. As i wish to have a go at Combat Wings, that seem to be popular in the states i think a dx6 is the way to go.

thanks for the words fellers it now makes better sence
Stick radios are a great value if you can get used to driving with one.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Yea that probably doesnt have a 3 position 3rd channel. I have never seen anything about them before and I would suggest going with a radio from a major manufacturer.

You have spent quite a bit of money and being cheap on radio gear isnt the best plan.

There are some decent starter radios that will do everything you need, I would recommend a Spektrum DX3c as it will grow with you(and your collection of rc's) and you can use it down the road for dual esc's. There are others out there, all you really need is a 3ch radio that has a 3 position 3rd channel to run the punk dig.
Careful of falling prey to the dx3c. After seeing Del Monte say it worked great for dual esc and biasing I bought one for my new moa build. Boy was I disappointed when I got it and found out It does not support any useful dual esc mixing capabilities.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Careful of falling prey to the dx3c. After seeing Del Monte say it worked great for dual esc and biasing I bought one for my new moa build. Boy was I disappointed when I got it and found out It does not support any useful dual esc mixing capabilities.
Same thing happened to me. Don't get me wrong it's a nice radio but that dual esc myth needs to go away. If I was using a punk it would have been fine. I'm still keeping it to use in my other trucks now I had to go and purchase a 4pl for my xr10. I would say spend the cash and get the 4pl it will do everything you want and then some. But it does seem like people are doing awsome stuff with the gt3B after it's hacked!

Last edited by Bukwylde; 08-10-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukwylde View Post
But it does seem like people are doing awsome stuff with the gt3 after it's hacked!
A gt3b...a gt3 is totally different

Anyways, the radio you linked is a flysky gt3, and it is a 2 pos 3rd channel. So that radio will Di very little for a crawler.

However a gt3b with new firmware has a TON of features, mostly for crawling...I think some features even the all mighty futabas don't have. But it is abit slower, but that's mostly just a disadvantage for the go fast rc's, only disadvantage for crawlers is it lacks in a user friendly programming (but I'm always willing to help), its not as ergonomic as a high end radio, and lacks abit in the qc department. But the advantages out weigh those by a lot. Cheap, cheap rxs, great support, a ton of features, etc.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Wow that is bogus! I just read the manual and you guys are right, it doesnt mix! Ok everyone take that off your list of to get items, Im beginning to thing the best deal for a radio is the GT3B