Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4pks or 4pl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 4pks or 4pl

hey guys, im looking to get a new radio. i sold my 4pk last fall before leaving home for 6 months and now that im back home and crawling again im looking to get a new futaba. i want know if there is any distinct reason i should spend the extra 200+ bones to get a 4pks or should i get the 4pl? im only into crawling so the new controller will only be used with my xr10. ive used both of them and cant really see any reason why i should spend the extra cash other than the fact that i really like the looks of the 4pks
GEARSCIENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

For a basic 4 channel radio on a single rig, the 4PL is likely able to 98% of what you need.
There are differences in what the display can show as well as adjustments, but for most use the 4PL is fine.

My son has run his 4PL on a 2.2 Shafty as well as a 2.2 Bully MOA. It works well.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
For a basic 4 channel radio on a single rig, the 4PL is likely able to 98% of what you need.
There are differences in what the display can show as well as adjustments, but for most use the 4PL is fine.

My son has run his 4PL on a 2.2 Shafty as well as a 2.2 Bully MOA. It works well.
thanks man, the only thing i can think of that would make me want to spend the extra money is the fact that i wouldnt be able to program the servo for extra throw on the 4pl. no biggy on the xr tho i guess...
GEARSCIENCE is offline   Reply With Quote