Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Servo Upgrade Question????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Servo Upgrade Question????

Steering Servo Upgrade

My question is simple even though there is not a simple answer.
Is there a middle of the road Servo Upgrade that is worth the investment over spending 100+ dollars. Im looking for something with decent torque, reliable, durable, possibly waterproof but not manditory since I can do that myself and not super costly. I know I can probably only get 2 of these so Ill go with torque and durable or reliable..... and not to expensive. I know thats three but Im hoping there is a middle ground here somewhere. Thanks for any help and or advice you all may have. Its greatly appreciated.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
RCC Addict

well it also depends on what rig your gonna put it in. are you running a scaler or a comp crawler. with a little more info im sure you can get a decent answer.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
Steering Servo Upgrade

My question is simple even though there is not a simple answer.
Is there a middle of the road Servo Upgrade that is worth the investment over spending 100+ dollars. Im looking for something with decent torque, reliable, durable, possibly waterproof but not manditory since I can do that myself and not super costly. I know I can probably only get 2 of these so Ill go with torque and durable or reliable..... and not to expensive. I know thats three but Im hoping there is a middle ground here somewhere. Thanks for any help and or advice you all may have. Its greatly appreciated.
You might want to look at the savox line of servos, I have heard they are durable, somewhat inexpensive and reliable. The amount of torque you will get does depend on how much you spend but they have a variety of torque ratings.

You could also scan the classifieds for a used Hitec 7955 or 5955, I have seen them go for anywhere from 80-60 dollars They have 333oz. Or torque at 6 volts which should be plenty for most rigs.

Just don't go too cheap on a servo as it will only cause problems and make you end up spending more in the end if you have to buy a new "cheap" servo every month or so.
ax-10 crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Thanks for the help....
The Rig is a SCX10 Honcho Scaler. I wouldnt think I should need 300+ oz. Torque but I guess for the price, if I can find them that wouldnt be bad. Ill take a peek at some classifieds.
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote