Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dual motor ESC's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Dual motor ESC's

I got a ? about dual motor setup. I have the Losi MSC12l esc out of a night crawler in my honcho . Iam gonna get the level3 RC dual motor plate and i would like to just use my esc and not have to buy a new one. I know the Holmes BR-XL can run 2 motors same with the FXR . I just want to know what makes a esc able to run to motors and if the one i have will handle it. Iam gonna wire it up like this and i will be running 550 size 55t motors.

Last edited by Butcherinhd; 07-27-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Butcherinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcherinhd View Post
I got a ? about dual motor setup. I have the Losi MSC12l esc out of a night crawler in my honcho . Iam gonna get the level3 RC dual motor plate and i would like to just use my esc and not have to buy a new one. I know the Holmes BR-XL can run 2 motors same with the FXR . I just want to know what makes a esc able to run to motors and if the one i have will handle it. Iam gonna wire it up like this .
If your running 55's or higher, i think you'll be fine. But the losi esc isn't a great esc, for rtr electronics it was nice (except now the axial cast rtr stuff is better)

Last i heard holmes has a sale going on, like 25% off or something on his br-xl's you might want to check into that.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

oh yes i will be checking that out . But Iam quite fond of the esc because it has always worked never a problem ever . And yes iam running 55T there 550s
Old 07-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

you will have no problem running 2 55t's on that esc. iirc its rated down to 12t, so it should be able to handle up to 2 27t's or 35t's on the safe side if you wanted
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

You should be OK, but now I have a question. Your rig, is it a dual motor setup running a single gearbox, or does each motor run on an axle??
If 1 motor/axle, you need to reverse the colors on the rear motor so it spins the other way.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

It will be 2 motors on a single gear box. Its the stock scx-10 gear box with Robinson Racing gears in it. I do need both motors to turn the same way. All the ratings i can find on the esc dont say anything about a motor limit . idk if it cooks i guss it cooks time to get this thing rollin just watin on the plate

Last edited by Butcherinhd; 07-27-2011 at 05:24 PM.