Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: BRXL Connection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default BRXL Connection

Hey folks, I have a HH BRXL and HH TM540 45T motor on the way. Just wanted to be sure I have all my ducks in a row for when it all shows up. I know I need get a battery connector to solder on to the power lead from the esc. The only connector I have been able to find that is just the connector (no wire attached) is from Muchmore racing, but can't find them in stock anywhere. My LHS has the plug with the lead attached. Will this work ok? or do I need to find just the connector? Does anyone know of another manufacturer? This is just the standard (tamiya) connector as I have yet to convert to lipos.

Also think I should grease the pinion before installing/running rig(right?). Any recommendations on whats the best overall to lube gears up with?

Any other basic concerns I might overlook while dropping my first motor/esc into my Wraith? Been out of the game for a while...(my fox has been shelved for about 10 yrs now) Thanks in advance, and If this Thread gets moved to the noob section I will understand
lcbsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2011, 05:30 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Ummm....you really DON'T want any Tamiya style connectors. Deans is probably the most common, Anderson/Sermos is a second.
A decent LHS should have a few types in stock.

As to your pinion, no need to grease it.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #3
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I carry deans to tamiya adapters in the case that you want to switch over later and have a deans on the ESC. I would highly suggest deans over tamiya.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Having been in a similar situation recently (getting back into RC after 10 years) I'd suggest you just use the Deans plug on the ESC since you will soon convert to LiPo, it took me less than a month to decide to switch. If you have old stick packs just use the adapter the John mentioned above or solder Deans onto the packs. You'll be glad you did.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

It's been close to 30 years since I used a Tamiya connector for RC. It used to be direct solder to NiCad packs and then I switched to Anderson Powerpoles/Sermos connectors. Still use them.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I laying in bed after I posted thinking more about it and thought "I should probably just throw a deans on there now"...then wake up to you replies...thanks for the insight...

Thanks for the reply john. It's good to see you back, thanks for all you do. I'm really stoked to get my gear.
lcbsc is offline   Reply With Quote