Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Looking for a radio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Looking for a radio

I will be running a berg with dual esc's and 4 wheel steer. I want to be able to set the steering up 3 ways, normal - just the front, rear proportional to the front, and rear inversely proportional to the front. This way i still just use one steering input ant the rear will either copy or mirror the front input. Then for the motors 1 input controls both the same or be able to control them separately. Will the 4pk do this? i know it will do one or the other from the program instructions already posted. Do I have to go to a 6 channel or more to do this? Any help is appreciated, my local hobby shop guy doesn't do any programming for custom odd stuff like this and just said I don't know.
rubiconrockkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

This radio might work well for you. I cant be happier with mine and losikid is very helpful with his products. There are 4ws mixing options and dual esc mixing options. And 6ch

GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
RCC Addict

If you are planning on comping don't waste your time with 4 wheel steer as it's not legal in 2.2 class. Plus, in 2.2 dig is much more useful and keeps the truck more stable than 4ws.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I don't plan on doing an competitions, i figured 4ws would just be fun to play with. Thanks for the link i will have to read up on it.
rubiconrockkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

If you don't feel like messing around with the flysky I recommend the Futaba 4PL. Its a fair bit more expensive, but quite reasonably priced compared to other big names.
Stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Actually up to 8 channels...
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #7
Got Worms?

The GT3B can do what you want...but 4ws won't act as you described. A 3 pos switch will control, Front st, mix, rear st...Then you have to program a button to switch between crab and normal.

GT3B also has great dual esc features, a ton of options...i'm still working on getting more implemented.

Only advantage the GT3B has lets say over a 4pl is price, but the price difference is HUGE. The features/functionality is about the same, the 4pl can do a few things the 3b can't, and the 3b and do a few things the 4pl can't. So the real kicker is ergonomics, the gt3b fits decent in your hand, but isn't the most comfortable.

Oh when i refer to GT3B (3B) i mean a GT3B with a new firmware flashed, when its in stock form its turd. It'll still do basic functions, but...
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote